Thread: General Etiquette (Rules)

So, I thought it may be useful if we lay down some general forum rules since the English version of this site is being worked on the become more popular XD (I haven't found if there is another topic like this yet, but I'll delete this if there is).

So, we start with the basics (I know, I know, but some people seem to have difficulty adhering to the basic principles of etiquette):

1. If you be nice to other people, they will be nice to you.

True, that. Treat others the way you want to be treated, and all goes well.

2. What would you say in real life?

You wouldn't randomly call someone a "fag" or similar in real life, so why say it on the net? Despite the fact you can't see who you are talking to, there is in fact some person sat at the other end of the internet, and that person has feelings too.

3. Be cautious of how you say things.

For example, sarcasm. This is an extremely difficult mood to express on the internet, even with emotes, so even if you say something as a joke, other people may not see this as a joke and will start to think you're rather strange. Just keep this in mind.

4.If you disagree, do it politely…

…or not at all. This is the internet, and it's obvious that not everyone is going to agree with what you say. Politely disagreeing could include phrases such as: "I understand your point, but…" or "Yes I agree to a certain extent but…" or "I agree, however, on the other hand…"

5. NO TROLLING OR SPAMMING

If you go on some sites, do you notice the rising amount of spam comments saying "GET THIS FREE GAME HERE"? They are annoying, they take up alot of space and they are extremely boring to scroll past. Try not to add to this spam by doing it yourself because remember… nothing in this world is free.
Also, onto the subject of trolls, they can be at times funny, but at the end of the day, what they want is what you give them. This is why they keep coming back. Then it's not fun anymore. If you happen to come across a troll on Ratchet Galaxy, report them to an admin immediately and let the admin deal with it, no matter how tempting it is to fuel the fire emoji

6. Do not impersonate staff members

If you're not a moderator or staff member, don't act like you are, for example, dont say stuff like I'd lock this if I was a mod, etc…, this is the job of the moderators and other staff, not regular members. So if you have a problem contact an admin.

7. Please keep the swearing to a minumum.

Remember, this is a COMMUNITY site where people of all ages go, and they don't want to come on here and see a page of curses at each other. It's not good for you or the site, so please, keep the swearing to a minimum.

8. HAVE FUN!

Don't let anyone hinder your experience of Ratchet Galaxy! Come, join in the community and just have a laugh!

If there are any other rules you feel need to be adressed, feel free to comment here and we'll see if we deem them nessacary to put in this post. emoji

Another rule I believe we should have:

Do not impersonate staff members

If you're not a moderator or staff member, don't act like you are, for example, dont say stuff like I'd lock this if I was a mod, etc…, this is the job of the moderators and other staff, not regular members. So if you have a problem contact an admin.

That's a good one, I'll stick that in there too. emoji

Deleted user

Great stuff Mel.

May I suggest one rule we should have on the list? How about no use of strong language in the forums?

We have some young members here and they could be someone new who might use really vulgar language out of no where. We're mostly behaved here and we use (*) or bleeps if we want to cuss out, but there could be some who might actually write it down without bleeping it out.

Great stuff Mel.

May I suggest one rule we should have on the list? How about no use of strong language in the forums?

We have some young members here and they could be someone new who might use really vulgar language out of no where. We're mostly behaved here and we use (*) or bleeps if we want to cuss out, but there could be some who might actually write it down without bleeping it out.

Good point.

Ok yep, I'll add that one in too XD

No swearing :P

Deleted user

Great idea! I was going to do a topic like this earlier but alas, my internet went down on Friday so I haven't been able to catch up until now… emoji (and I leave on my trip tomorrow…emoji

Um, i have another one.
don't feed the trolls
The only thing that trolls understand is cold dead silence. If we ignore anyone being an a-hole, they should give up and go away

Deleted user

There hasn't been any trolls in a long time emoji but yeah, as soon as they're noticed, they're usually banned instantly.

Interesting rules.emoji
I've got my own rules, too. I think everyone should have his/her own rules, shouldn't they?

Interesting rules.emoji
I've got my own rules, too. I think everyone should have his/her own rules, shouldn't they?

I suppose, but here, you should follow the forum rules.

Actually… I hadn't read this before. But I've visited many other forums so there's not much of a differense.

Good that there are rules, but the rules are much better than the IG Community rules, like, you can only post the same link 3 times, If you make a thread and they have to block it, you get banned for a few days, you really need to be 13, …

Are you sure about all that? I joined their community when I was like 11 or 12, and I've had many of my threads locked there. But I've never been banned.

Got really close to being banned once, for talking about something similar to spoilers, but not quite.