Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

The rumours were true! New Ratchet & Clank game announced for PS5, very excited!
Me too! Even tho that I won't get a PS5 and I mostly care about the PS2 titles but it's great to my favorite game series,not dying
Wooooow! I was so not expecting this! And it looks like they're going to continue the story where Nexus left off! I didn't dare dream...

Anyone got a link?

Yeah I just barely missed the reveal but saw that R&C stuff got announced, so here I am 

filename18.png

EDIT: Yeah, hold on, right here: https://youtu.be/RuLci-lSeCo?t=4140

I'm gonna go ahead and ask the big question.
 Does this mean female lombaxes have tails?

Sounds a bit like jumping the gun on that question, I think.

Sounds a bit like jumping the gun on that question, I think.

It's the first and last question that must be asked in a game that teases the presence of more lombaxes, lol.

But in all seriousness, do we have a confirmed name/gender for the white (or... periwinkle?) lombax? I really dig their design. The voice and design is pretty feminine to me, but I could be wrong.

Hey guys, long time no see am I right? emoji
Welcome back everyone! 

My first thought was: ANGELA! But I figure she's Ratchet's alternate-universe-version. Very curious to see what kind of character she is. 
Welcome back everyone! 

My first thought was: ANGELA! But I figure she's Ratchet's alternate-universe-version. Very curious to see what kind of character she is. 

Yeah, but hey, I saw Molonoth fields in the trailer, so maybe we'll get an alternate-version of Azimuth too!

I'm probably going to write a full news post about the game...as soon as I remember how to do that lol XD

Yeah, seeing all those familiar locations "warping" into each other was awesome! I'm so glad they're doing this instead of a R&C2 reboot. 
Welcome back everyone! 

Yeah, it's most likely not Angela, sadly, unless Insomniac is doing a massive retcon of the character. I'm debating whether to call her Peri or Winry until we get a canon name. Very excited to see more details on her, especially if she finally ends the tail wars.

For our viewing pleasure:

d

(She has an arm prosthetic!!)

Do you guys think "A Rift Apart" hints at Ratchet and Clank being a rift apart. As in: they're not together. filename14.png

Yeah, seeing all those familiar locations "warping" into each other was awesome! I'm so glad they're doing this instead of a R&C2 reboot. 

Interesting, there was no release date for the PS5, or Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Seeing as how Spiderman is also coming to The PS5 this holiday, I wonder if Ratchet and Clank will be a holiday title, or a 2021 title?

Interesting, there was no release date for the PS5, or Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart. Seeing as how Spiderman is also coming to The PS5 this holiday, I wonder if Ratchet and Clank will be a holiday title, or a 2021 title?

I kind of got the impression these are each launch titles (or at least somewhere close to it).