Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

At least Kubak has seen the trailers; I wish he would return to Ratchet Galaxy emoji

Mixed!? Uh oh. 

I do have to admit my "fear" is that you will be switching between playing Ratchet and playing Female Ratchet From Another Dimension. I like spending time with my favorite furred space mechanic and his robot companion, I'd have to get used to switching between characters much like what happens in Sly Cooper. 

So I've been going through the new footage and noticed something I don't think I've seen anyone mention yet - at about 1:12 in the announcement trailer in the top right of the screen, right before Ratchet slides down the building, there are Ratchet, Clank and Qwark balloons in the distance!

It looks like R&C are at the front with what looks like 2 Qwark balloons facing each other behind them. Something interesting is that I don't see any of the rangers from the reboot - if this game does take place in the reboot's storyline, surely it would make more sense for it to be a celebration for the rangers, not just Ratchet, Clank and Qwark, right? While it is possible that the ranger balloons are further down and blocked by the buildings, I wonder if this means we're going back to the Future storyline?

Also, hi I'm kinda new so I hope I posted this correctly filename7.gif

Well done Moon filename11.png. I don't think a lot of people saw that detail. Let me take the liberty of repeating your observation on the French forum. Oh, and welcome to Ratchet Galaxy filename64.png !

Well done Moon filename11.png. I don't think a lot of people saw that detail. Let me take the liberty of repeating your observation on the French forum. Oh, and welcome to Ratchet Galaxy filename64.png !

Thanks so much! filename8.png

So I've been going through the new footage and noticed something I don't think I've seen anyone mention yet - at about 1:12 in the announcement trailer in the top right of the screen, right before Ratchet slides down the building, there are Ratchet, Clank and Qwark balloons in the distance!

Very interesting. My theory is that the City Planet (probably Igliak since this is the Polaris Galaxy) is the first level in the game, and that Nefarious attacks Igliak during a "heroes parade." Igliak has long been a target of Nefarious since All 4 One -- especially since this game is a sequel to Into The Nexus.

Because the level is constantly blowing up, I wonder if you can even replay this level once it's finished. I mean, let's face it -- between warping to different levels and destroying buildings, this might be one of those first-levels that you can't return to.

Also, on Molonoth Fields, I noticed a Gold Bolt on the top-left screen. I love that you can see all of the levels which you have yet to explore emoji

I wonder if they're shaping this up to be a massive trip down the memory lane.

Kinda like Endgame.

I wonder what emotional precision strike they've got in stock for us.

I wonder if they're shaping this up to be a massive trip down the memory lane.

Kinda like Endgame.

I wonder what emotional precision strike they've got in stock for us.

I haven't gotten an emotional shock from Ratchet and Clank since Cronk and Zephyr died in Into The Nexus. And before that, A Crack in Time's ending. Hopefully, this game will deliver on a strong thrilling storyline, rather than a kiddy one.

Seeing how Clank got separated, yeah it seems we're gonna get some emotional shock.
The biggest controversy I see people talking about is that Rift Apart will most likely only run at 30 fps, due to ray-tracing. A lot of the PS5 games are rumored to do the same, and it seems that unless they release a "PS5 pro" to lock games in stable 60 fps, we are still stuck with 30 fps.

Personally, I just want an option to disable motion blur. It's one of the first things I do when I start a new game, and RaC PS4 had a lot of motion blur issues.

It looks like R&C are at the front with what looks like 2 Qwark balloons facing each other behind them. Something interesting is that I don't see any of the rangers from the reboot - if this game does take place in the reboot's storyline, surely it would make more sense for it to be a celebration for the rangers, not just Ratchet, Clank and Qwark, right? While it is possible that the ranger balloons are further down and blocked by the buildings, I wonder if this means we're going back to the Future storyline?

Also, hi I'm kinda new so I hope I posted this correctly filename7.gif

Ooh! I hope this is more than just a cameo. I'd love to see Qwark return once again. 

Also... Welcome Moon! filename64.png

Mixed!? Uh oh. 

I do have to admit my "fear" is that you will be switching between playing Ratchet and playing Female Ratchet From Another Dimension. I like spending time with my favorite furred space mechanic and his robot companion, I'd have to get used to switching between characters much like what happens in Sly Cooper. 

Insomniac just posted this. Looks like you were right lol. I just hope Clank gets some good gameplay instead of being reduced to a backpack.

Have you guys discussed how Insomniac Games just liked this tweet?

Have you guys discussed how Insomniac Games just liked this tweet?

Interesting news! Thank you for updating us, RunningFromAngels, and welcome to the forums!

I may have enough information to do a second news post emoji

I hope ps5 isn't gonna be like ps4 ratchet where its really hyped and then is just disappointed . I freaked out though at the trailer and was like FUTURE 5 OMG OMG ! 
Deleted user
I'm pretty excited that we've got a new writer. I liked most of the stuff Fixman did, but getting fresh blood in the series is pretty cool