Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

I think FFA and ITN were the only two games that did this aside from (Deadlocked, as it was a different gameplay style). RaC PS4 had the option to lock-strafe, but it also returned to the classic gameplay style of shooting any which way, which works out great for flamethrowers. I'm hopeful that there will be an option for it emoji

Ah, okay, thanks! Agreed on the flame throwers. I usually turn around in circle chasing the smaller enemies too. Would be nice if straving remained optional. 

I think FFA and ITN were the only two games that did this aside from (Deadlocked, as it was a different gameplay style). RaC PS4 had the option to lock-strafe, but it also returned to the classic gameplay style of shooting any which way, which works out great for flamethrowers. I'm hopeful that there will be an option for it emoji

Up your arsenal had lock strafe as a gameplay style as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIVesmg3kmw Someone made an awesome sculpture of Ratchet and Clank! It's incredibly detailed, and the editing he provided is awesome too emoji

A few things I wanna say.

1. Judging by the plot for this game, I think I would bring out a R.Y.N.O. V for taking on the bad guys since its the most powerful firearm in the franchise.

2. What will be the music the R.Y.N.O. 8 will play? 

3. If I was in charge of make the trailer, I would have Qwark having his own rift trip and catches up with Ratchet & Clank for a brief moment. The dialog would be: Clank, "Ratchet, look!" Qwark, "Hey guys. Uh.. have figured out on how we fix this?" Ratchet, "Working on it!" Qwark, "AHHH!" *As Qwark flies through another rift portal.* 

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/1285225145909620736

Today, Insomniac Games announced that SpiderMan PS5 will have an optional 4k/60fps mode! The bigger question is, will Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart have the same? I certainly hope so!

And if that is the case, which mode will you prefer more? 4k or 60fps?

A bit late but...

I would probably prefer 60 fps, at least until I upgrade from my 1080p TV to a 4k one, then I would probably go for 4k. filename18.png

That being said, does it really have to be either or? Is the new system still not powerful enough yet for 4k 60fps? I guess only time will tell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIVesmg3kmw Someone made an awesome sculpture of Ratchet and Clank! It's incredibly detailed, and the editing he provided is awesome too emoji

Nice! Very cool. Going oldskool, instead of using a 3D printer. emoji 

New poll is up. Also, wiki's an unreliable source. There is only ONE timeline, the only timeline.
Thank god that it's not part of the reboot

Man, these leaks are getting weirder. August State of Play might come next week on August 6th. Still, even if the Ratchet logo is a place-holder, if the game is in a disc format, it might be ready to be presented this year (which kinda sucks, because I wanted them to delay it for 60fps), but all of this appears to be speculation...

No leaks about a Resistance remaster/sequel or a Ratchet & Clank collection...

*sad noises*

Wait... 'Rachel'?!

That's either a bizarre misspelling of Ratchet, or they just casually leaked the new lombax's name!

There's always a ton of fake leaks about this kinda thing though so I don't know haha

Oh man, i'm really not sure. It could actually be her name, since we're talking about parallel universes and such. Maybe she really is Ratchet's equivalent in another dimension, which is why her name is so similar to Ratchet's.

I kinda wish hypothetical Rachel won't be just Ratchet from another dimention. I want her to be her own character. I think that way the dialog between her and ratchet would be better

So a new State of Play was announced for August 6th, however the tweet says not to expect any big PS5 announcements:

▪️ A focus on upcoming PS4 & PS VR games

▪️ A few quick check-ins on third-party and indie games from June’s PS5 showcase

▪️ No big PS5 announcements!

Sounds like there won't be anything Rift Apart related there, but hopefully we might see something from Crash 4 at least...?

Also regarding the new lombax, I've seen a great theory going around that she never became the hero that Ratchet is because she never found her version of Clank (if they're even out there in that dimension). Either way, they seem like very different characters judging by what looks like wanted posters all over the area from the trailer - I'm sure there will be some interesting dialogue (if they ever even meet)