Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Physical edition is a no brainer for me. I hope society understands that eventually it will be far more expensive to own the digital edition considering all game prices are in possession of Sony and their PS Store. Whereas with physical you have not only access to price drops/sales of hundreds of retailers, but also used games.

Still, I am going to let this generation pass me by. For now. I looked at all the games from the current generation I still want to play and thought: nope, I'm fine where I am. So I will be waiting, at least until a slim version or such is out. filename2.png

That's probably a good call. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is definitely coming 2021 anyways. I don't expect to see any more news for them this year.

I also read games costing €75 at launch, wow. I understood big PS4 RPGs like Dragon Age: Inquisition and Witcher III being €70 because they are huge, but having every game €75>€80... that's a lot.

*US prices are $60>70 excluding taxes

Controllers are 60-70 dollars here too.

I was tossing up whether I should pre-order a PS5, but the world has made up my mind for me. Only a few hours later and now you can't pre-order the PS5 (in my country), it's so out of stock that retailers aren't even showing the promo banners for the systems.

So, now I kinda wished I pre-ordered. One of the main reasons I don't play the PS4 much these days is honestly because it takes too long to load games up quickly. I might have a faulty HDD or something, but it takes an unreasonably long time to load most games.

Funnily enough R&C 2016 actually loads really quickly though. But whenever I play that game I just feel like switching to Deadlocked or ToD or something instead.

I likely won't be able to get a PS5 until 2021, so hopefully I can get one around the release of Rift Apart. Although, I do wish I had more games to get hyped for. RA and Horizon are the only two i'm really looking forward to at the moment. (The Spider-Man game looks waaay too expensive for me, and it's not a full length game anyway, so not quite a system seller)

filename39.png
Deleted user
Games are really expensive where I live and they're going to be almost $100 after taxes on PS5. That's a yikes from me.  
Games are really expensive where I live and they're going to be almost $100 after taxes on PS5. That's a yikes from me.  

True. I'm not finished with my PS4 yet anyways -- Crash 4: It's About Time comes out in almost one week, and I've been waiting to play a new Crash game for so long!

Having to deal with the fact that Jak and Daxter won't get a new title is probably for the best tho. Naughty Dog's TLOU 2 is proof that maybe Jak shouldn't get a sequel...at least not from ND. When Crash left ND, he and Spyro got the remake treatment, but it worked out well at least.

Oh, and apparently, there have been talks of an Uncharted PS5 sequel...like they needed another one!

Now with Ratchet and Clank PS4 coming to PS5, I'm hoping that Insomniac will give Rift Apart all new weapons. What's the point of bringing back recycled weapons if another RaC game on PS5 has those weapons?

Plus...I'm really getting tired of the Combustor, Fusion Grenade, Warmonger, Buzz Blades, Pyro Blaster, Groovitron, and Mr Zurkon in every game.

Deleted user

Plus...I'm really getting tired of the Combustor, Fusion Grenade, Warmonger, Buzz Blades, Pyro Blaster, Groovitron, and Mr Zurkon in every game.

I agree. It's been such a long time since we've had a brand new arsenal. While weapons like the Shatterbomb and Burst Pistol are very derivative of standard weapons (They could potentially have their own unique quirks when upgraded or just function differently than we think) Stuff like The Enforcer really makes me wonder what kind of creative things Insomniac can do with using the PS5 controller for the other weapons we haven't seen yet. Here's hoping we get a new RYNO that has an identity of its own. 

Yus, the RYNO needs a new type of fire. The topiary sprinkler is a weapon that stands on it's own classification (I wouldn't call it a "morphing weapon"), and Marcus Smith did say in an interview that they had created enough weapon ideas for "five Ratchet and Clank games".
I'd like a new arsenal too! Though I don't mind some reoccurring weapons. The Halo games do that really well too, keeping the same weapons (sometimes handling slightly different) and adding new ones each time.
I also really want there to be a LOT of weapons. 20-25 perhaps. TOD and GC had tons of weapons, but games like ITN and even the PS4 game only had like 12 or 14. 15 if you count the "bouncer" pre-order.

I wonder if Insomniac will let gamers have the bouncer for the PS5 version of the PS4 game?

if nd gives us jak 4 it needs to be dark as hell like jak 2 . 

I wonder if Insomniac will let gamers have the bouncer for the PS5 version of the PS4 game?

It's going to come out again on PS5?