Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

I wonder if Insomniac will let gamers have the bouncer for the PS5 version of the PS4 game?

It's going to come out again on PS5?

Yes. As part of the "PS Plus collection," about 20 PS4 games (included RaC Ps4) are coming to the Ps5 Launch. Not sure if the bouncer will come or not, but hey, at least we got two Ps5 RaC games in the Launch window emoji

I wonder if Insomniac will let gamers have the bouncer for the PS5 version of the PS4 game?

Yes. As part of the "PS Plus collection," about 20 PS4 games (included RaC Ps4) are coming to the Ps5 Launch. Not sure if the bouncer will come or not, but hey, at least we got two Ps5 RaC games in the Launch window emoji

Oooh. Like that. I thought you meant like a "remaster" or something. Speaking of... when is that Future Saga remaster coming, huh? filename64.png

Oooh. Like that. I thought you meant like a "remaster" or something. Speaking of... when is that Future Saga remaster coming, huh? filename64.png

I wish. My Ps3 doesn't work anymore. I had all the Insomniac-made RaC games on there -- even the HD trilogy and Ratchet: Deadlocked (which you can only get by using the FFA download code).

I haven't played any of those games in years, and I think Insomniac would be wise to make a RaC Ultimate Collection for Ratchet and Clank's 20th anniversary filename5.gif

I really want to replay the future saga again... A Ratchet & Clank Ultimate Collection would be a dream come true... But I'm afraid it won't happen
I wouldn't find it too strange. Rift Apart basically continues from Nexus and ignores the PS4 game, yeah? So what would be the best way to introduce players to what came before?

The good thing is that the entire franchise is PlayStation-exclusive. So them now being a Sony studio isn't in the way. They also don't have to do it themselves if time is a problem, they could just outsource it.

Hopes and dreams, haha.

(Also, it took 18 years, but Super Mario Sunshine finally made it into a new generation)

Deleted user
I wouldn't find it too strange. Rift Apart basically continues from Nexus and ignores the PS4 game, yeah? So what would be the best way to introduce players to what came before?

The good thing is that the entire franchise is PlayStation-exclusive. So them now being a Sony studio isn't in the way. They also don't have to do it themselves if time is a problem, they could just outsource it.

Hopes and dreams, haha.

There's also the chance that for Rift Apart, they'll include a "Story so far" section on the title screen like Devil May Cry 5 did to get everyone up to speed. 

Well, what I hope is that Insomniac Games can make at least one or two more Ps5 RaC game's this generation (probably won't happen because of Spiderman PS4 sequels). And if they can't make a RaC collection, they can have some other company bring the first 10 games to PS5 in 2022 for Ratchet and Clank's 20th anniversary.

I guess the question would be: would the games be available for separate downloads, or would they even bring back All 4 One and FFA? I mean, if they bring back these games, they now have the choice of bringing back the online servers with the power of the PS5. Odds are that games like Into The Nexus could finally have a good performance rates too!

Oooh thanks for sharing! There's a couple new bits of info here!

"Go dimension-hopping with Ratchet and Clank as they take on an evil emperor from another reality." Alt-Nefarious confirmed! I hope that doesn't mean Lawrence is gone filename14.png

"An evil robotic emperor is working overtime to wipe out organic life, with Ratchet and Clank’s own dimension next in his sights." Seems like he has the same goals as Neffy back in UYA, but across multiple dimensions this time - imagine an interdimensional biobliterator!

"Unite the double team supreme with a cast of familiar allies and new faces – including an all-new Lombax resistance fighter who is just as determined to take out the robotic scourge." Tiny bit of info on the new lombax, Nefarious took over the city/planet and she is one of the few who try to fight back - I wonder if that means there are other 'resistance fighters'? Probably not lombaxes, but still!

"Discover Clank’s all-new interdimensional mechanics." Hopefully we can play as Clank too, or maybe it's a new ability to help Ratchet/new lombax during their gameplay?

"repair planetary rifts with dimension-spanning puzzles." This could be the game's 'trespasser' puzzles - perhaps Clank is used in a similar way to Nexus?

On a side note, when do you guys think we'll see more of the game/release date? I'm sure there will be something at the Game Awards seeing as it's roughly a month after Miles releases, but if it's coming early next year I feel like we would probably need the release date sooner, like if it comes out in February/March that's only 2-3 months of promotional stuff (Partial wishful thinking, I don't really know what I'm talking about lmao) filename9.gif

I really want to see Clank's new gameplay. And subsequently, the female Lombax's new gameplay. I'd hate for her abilities and mechanics to be the exact same as Ratchet's. However, it is interesting to hear that this Nefarious might be from an alternate dimension.

I wonder if "boost into combat" refers to Ratchet's hoverboots? And I am also glad that brand new planets will make their appearance in this game. So far, the only 4 planets we know about are Megalopolis, Sargasso, Torren IV, and Ardolis.

I have to admit, this game might just be the one to beat ACIT as best Ratchet and Clank game of all time! I have my worries -- Sam Maggs is definitely NOT the writer I would have chosen, but Insomniac has the potential to make this an absolute GOTY.

Beating A Crack in Time!? Now that is optimistic thinking. filename9.gif

I still think Maggs might be a good fit. She's done a lot of kid-friendly super hero stuff while not losing the essence of a super hero. And she's even worked on BioWare's Anthem(!) and the friggin' Cards Against Humanity Mass Effect edition! that is decidedly not kid-friendly, haha. So pretty varied stuff that seems very "Insomniac" to me. 

Speaking of... I've finally played and finished Sunset Overdrive! What a colorful and simply hilarious game. I wonder if it will ever find itself on PlayStation consoles now that Sony bought the studio. With the exception of the Microsoft Studios eastereggs and things. By the way, they managed to get a Ratchet & Clank reference in there. At some point your Player character will be looking for an NPC by name of Lawrence and of course she'll scream at the top of her lungs: "LAAAAAAAWRENCEEEEEEEE!"

Yeah, Sunset Overdrive is awesome! The Insomniac stuff on the fridge at the beginning broke me filename7.gif

Regarding the writers, remember it's being written by Sam Maggs as well as Lauren Mee, who mentioned on Twitter after the announcement that she grew up with these games! While I'm honestly not too familiar with their previous work, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the series - there's already a bunch of great references and stuff so they've certainly done their research at least! filename64.png

Yeah, so far everything seems to be on the up-and-up. To be honest, PS5 really needs to advertise "60fps". I dont think they realize how much it means to gamers that RaC is returning to the 60fps standard. Sure you can play it in 4k, but 1080p or even 1440p at 60fps is my absolute dream come true emoji

Yeah, Sunset Overdrive is awesome! The Insomniac stuff on the fridge at the beginning broke me filename7.gif

Regarding the writers, remember it's being written by Sam Maggs as well as Lauren Mee, who mentioned on Twitter after the announcement that she grew up with these games! While I'm honestly not too familiar with their previous work, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the series - there's already a bunch of great references and stuff so they've certainly done their research at least! filename64.png

That is so cool! I remember it flashing by, but I wasn't able to read that fast. Thanks for showing!

Yeah, so far everything seems to be on the up-and-up. To be honest, PS5 really needs to advertise "60fps". I dont think they realize how much it means to gamers that RaC is returning to the 60fps standard. Sure you can play it in 4k, but 1080p or even 1440p at 60fps is my absolute dream come true emoji

I have to admit 60fps was not on my list of needs and look at is as more of a bonus. As long as it doesn't turn into a slideshow I'm fine with a lower range.filename11.png