Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

. Maybe Sony don't want digital-only console owners to miss out? filename39.png

Then maybe they shouldn't have purchased the digital only edition. They made their bed. Now they should lie in it. filename18.png

I myself download games more than buying them nowadays, so digital makes sense to me, but yeah - there is a fine art to collecting games that only physical copies can provide.
I'm curious. Why do you prefer buying digital? At the moment I gather a lot of people refer to digital stores because the physical ones are "out of reach". Maybe they don't want to wait a couple days to receive an order from a webshop and go digital. Totally get it. I can also understand the appeal of services like Game Pass, which is like an Xbox-Netflix.

Yeah, especially with covid, it's just easier to download games digitally on PS4. It's instant, unlike ordering off of Amazon. Especially since you don't have to risk a certain popular game being "out of stock" if you drive to a gamestop or something.

If I was a collector, then yeah, I would only buy physical copies.

I honestly think Scott the Woz puts it perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPuMudhDHaE

Ha, I can get onboard with that guy. filename7.gif

Ha, I can get onboard with that guy. filename7.gif

Scott the Woz is like a perfect YouTuber. His content reminds me of what Youtube was like back in the old days filename5.gif

Speaking of: Pre-Orders! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0a8Kqwt3k

Found this weird helmet in the Insomniac museum. Can anyone guess what it is? emoji

Found this weird helmet in the Insomniac museum. Can anyone guess what it is? emoji

For some reason it looks like something out of Deadlocked, but dunno

For some reason it looks like something out of Deadlocked, but dunno

My instinct would also say Deadlocked/Gladiator. It's probably something a level artist "kitbashed". 

I figured it out, it's the elite warbot helmet from the deplanitizor.

Returnal just got delayed to late April, which is leading many to believe that Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart will get delayed even further to May - August for a release date. Honestly, if Insomniac wanted their game to have a first 2021 title release, they could just release it on April 12th like they did with the last game, but these delays have me worried...

Yeah it's kinda scary seeing all these delays popping up, especially since we haven't seen anything significant since the Gamescom demo... I feel like early/mid April is probably the earliest the game could release without a delay, but there was actually a Push Square article published a couple days ago with a poll on when people think RA could release, and it seems a lot of people voted June of all things filename39.png

I'm hoping the reason we haven't got anything new is because of Insomniac's huge Xmas break - I think they said they'd be back sometime in January, and they've been much more active on Twitter over the last week or so, so maybe they only just got back? Either way, surely something has to happen this month... filename26.gif

Insomniac posted a "Ratchet and Clank Lifepath" letting people show which games they've played and in what order.

For me, all Ratchet and Clank games are in the correct order, except Going Mobile, which I never played, secret agent clank, which I played right after size matters, and A Crack in Time, which I played before Tools of Destruction (sadly spoiling everything about TOD).

Here's my path. Since it looks confusing I going to try my best to explain it. This represent how I played them from 2009 (the year I first played Ratchet) to 2021 (today)