Thread: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

ALex from a Ratchet and Clank fan discord server will be streaming the Ratchet and Clank Life of Pie episode at 8pm EST, about 9 hours from now. 

Awesome! could you please give us a link ? (feel free to DM me, here or Discord #6841 Dax)

There's no link yet, but the discord server is https://discord.gg/JyWkq6Svrr

ALex from a Ratchet and Clank fan discord server will be streaming the Ratchet and Clank Life of Pie episode at 8pm EST, about 9 hours from now. 

Awesome! could you please give us a link ? (feel free to DM me, here or Discord #6841 Dax)

Thanks! I'll check it out emoji

Thanks! I'll check it out emoji

We're discussing it in the Life of Pie spoilers tab. The user who will stream it later today (tonite) Alex, is Darko#2586

For those who want to watch it now, heres the link (360p tho) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDcgi1QWwE

Yup, just watched it.

My review: The animation is in a rather unfinished "blocking phase" but manages to give Ratchet and Clank a rather interesting dynamic. Sure it's kiddy but I expect nothing more from the Ratchet and Clank movie. 

Qwark....doesn't sound too well. Nefarious is done in a more comical way, and Zed is just Zed. Bruce, a made-up alien Galactic Ranger has like 3 seconds of screen time, and doesn't do anything. 

Clank has a WAY bigger personality here than in the movie, and even references his old Secret Agent Clank game. 

This movie has it's moments, but honestly I'm on the fence about it being a series. I'd hate to have Ratchet and Clank act like this ALL THE TIME. I give it a 7/10.

I will upload a news page about this shortly. Stay tuned emoji

Thank yyouu! I hope it's still up after I've had dinner. I'm super curious now!

I have downloaded it too, that way if youtube deletes it, I can send it directly to us emoji

For those who want to watch it now, heres the link (360p tho) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWDcgi1QWwE

Yup, just watched it.

My review: The animation is in a rather unfinished "blocking phase" but manages to give Ratchet and Clank a rather interesting dynamic. Sure it's kiddy but I expect nothing more from the Ratchet and Clank movie. 

Qwark....doesn't sound too well. Nefarious is done in a more comical way, and Zed is just Zed. Bruce, a made-up alien Galactic Ranger has like 3 seconds of screen time, and doesn't do anything. 

Clank has a WAY bigger personality here than in the movie, and even references his old Secret Agent Clank game. 

This movie has it's moments, but honestly I'm on the fence about it being a series. I'd hate to have Ratchet and Clank act like this ALL THE TIME. I give it a 7/10.

I will upload a news page about this shortly. Stay tuned emoji

I genuinely loved it all the way through! Nice use of weapons, Qwark and Nefarious were hilarious filename7.gif

and I love how they made Ratchet more like the arrogant teen he was back in those PS2 days filename32.png

I have downloaded it too, that way if youtube deletes it, I can send it directly to us emoji

Thank you! But I left it open and watched it just now. I underestimated how much fun this was going to be. I really liked it! I say "yes" to a series!

But what did we watch just now? A newly discovered, cancelled promotional shortfilm?

Thank you! But I left it open and watched it just now. I underestimated how much fun this was going to be. I really liked it! I say "yes" to a series!

But what did we watch just now? A newly discovered, cancelled promotional shortfilm?

no one knows, we are waiting for Sony or IG to communicate about this lol

The Director, Craig George says this was:

I guess this IS a Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart tie-in after all...not a series thankfully.

So it might seem emoji can't wait to hear more from Insomniac about it
Deleted user
I watched it earlier today and I liked it. It's definitely geared towards kids, but it was fun to watch. I find it kind of shocking that this did a better job at representing the friendship between the two than the movie did in my opinion. I hope that this is a pilot episode for a potential tv series because there's a lot that could be done with it. 
I watched it earlier today and I liked it. It's definitely geared towards kids, but it was fun to watch. I find it kind of shocking that this did a better job at representing the friendship between the two than the movie did in my opinion. I hope that this is a pilot episode for a potential tv series because there's a lot that could be done with it. 

I agree: if they improve the animation, get a bigger budget, and aim the show more towards higher stakes this could pan out well for the franchise emoji

Strange way of releasing it though, isn't it? I thought they had some kind of contract down with Netflix, since the movie is on there. Crave doesn't strike me as a well known streaming service. In fact, if this was meant as a promotional video, I'd expect for it to be uploaded to YouTube like they did with the Sly Cooper cartoon.

All of this feels so weird. I love it though. But weird nonetheless! filename7.gif