Thread: RG's Five Best Games of the Decade!

Saw this question come by on various webpages and thought: why not ask on RG? I'm not sure anyone really checks back here, but feel free to post any time. 

What were your favorite games that released in the past decade? So any game between early 2010 and late 2019 that managed to blow you away. 

I've already given it some thought, but I'm very curious about your lists as well. filename11.png

Mass Effect 3, BioWare (2012)

You will rarely experience an adventure like it. The trilogy as a whole is a phenomenon. With her diverse characters, personalized storyline, emotional objectives and interesting locations, Mass Effect remains unique in the genre. But out of all three, Mass Effect 3 continues to be my favorite. The way in which you get to say goodbye to everyone you've met on your journey is simply amazing, but it also leaves room for personal interpretation of what happens after.

Dragon Age: Inquisition, BioWare (2014)

With each installment the Dragon Age franchise got better and better, but Inquisition definitely brought a new definition to 'fantasy action RPG'. The game is humongous and anywhere you go there's something new to do and see with your diverse cast of party members. The accompanying music of the legendary (at least to me) Trevor Morris is something I can't get enough of. And also the gameplay is continuously exciting. But the best part is, of course, the story. There is so much detail, you can continue to explore. 

Tomb Raider '13, Crystal Dynamics (2013)

Shortly after concluding Crystal's first trilogy they set out to find something brand new. Eventually this became the origin story of the iconic Lara Croft. With a storyline that keeps you at the edge of your seat from minute one, butter smooth controls and modernized gameplay it became unimaginable for me to pause the game, I had to know how it ended.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Naughty Dog (2016)

In our previous decade we were graced with Naughty Dog's newest cinematic adventure: Uncharted. In this decade the series came to a close. The comically thrills of Nathan Drake made the game 'light' in a way you don't see very often. Uncharted took the Tomb Raider formula and enhanced it (well, until they took the throne back in the game I've mentioned above) and ended Uncharted 4 beautifully.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, LucasArts (2010)

I thought it very difficult to choose what's been my favorite Star Wars game of the decade. Was it the new Battlefront II where you can fin-a-ly assume the role of a sympathetic Imperial? Or was it Jedi: Fallen Order where you traverse iconic planets in a Tomb Raider-esque manner, chased by one of the most AWESOME villains in the history of Star Wars? Though difficult, I've chosen for Force Unleashed II. Combined with its novelizations this Star Wars story is a true tearjerker. You can almost feel the power of the Force whilst wielding your two lightsabers and use both light and dark side powers. Oh and... Sam Witwer. 'Nough said.

5. Minecraft

4. Journey

3. The Last of Us

2. Hyper Light Drifter

1. Mass Effect 2 

Super Mario Advance 2 - Super Mario World

Classic NES - Super Mario Bros.

Grand Theft Auto Advance

Legend Of Zelda, The - The Minish Cap

Pokemon Jupiter - 6.04 (Ruby Hack) This five is undoubtedly the best. By the way, I'm now playing on my pc, you can download all these games on a cool site for free