Thread: Soundtracks download links gone?

Was just wondering what happened to the download links for the OSTs. I think that was a good feature and since my external hard drive is fried I wanted to download them again...but I just found out they're not on the website anymore. Why?
Believe there's been a copyright issue, so the download links were indeed removed. 

We decided to remove the original soundtracks download links from the website because it kept Ratchet Galaxy in a gray area which potentially put us under the threat of legal issues.

As you may know, we never put commercially available content online and did not add any new soundtrack since A Crack In Time (pages dedicated to the movie and All 4 One soundtracks only feature a tracklist and a link to buy the OST). That being said, what was made available before 2009 still remained throughout the years, thus exposing the whole website to potential problems. Considering the fact that RG has a lot more to offer than just a few downloadable OSTs and that all of this is more about community, we eventually decided that it would be wise to remove debatable content from the website altogether.

We know that since the OSTs we are talking about have not been commercially released, multiple rips can be found here and there and the probability that Sony takes action against people hosting those is low. But we don't want to take that risk anymore. Just to make things clear, this decision does not stem from any request from copyright holders regarding the removal of OSTs but is the result of internal discussions that finally got settled with the arrival of the new version of RG and the desire to take a fresh start. emoji

We decided to remove the original soundtracks download links from the website because it kept Ratchet Galaxy in a gray area which potentially put us under the threat of legal issues.

As you may know, we never put commercially available content online and did not add any new soundtrack since A Crack In Time (pages dedicated to the movie and All 4 One soundtracks only feature a tracklist and a link to buy the OST). That being said, what was made available before 2009 still remained throughout the years, thus exposing the whole website to potential problems. Considering the fact that RG has a lot more to offer than just a few downloadable OSTs and that all of this is more about community, we eventually decided that it would be wise to remove debatable content from the website altogether.

We know that since the OSTs we are talking about have not been commercially released, multiple rips can be found here and there and the probability that Sony takes action against people hosting those is low. But we don't want to take that risk anymore. Just to make things clear, this decision does not stem from any request from copyright holders regarding the removal of OSTs but is the result of internal discussions that finally got settled with the arrival of the new version of RG and the desire to take a fresh start. emoji

Alright, that makes sense. Thanks for answering.

I found other places to download OSTs. Far as I know, it's pretty legit. I've downloads lots of OSTs from that website and I have yet to see anything that indicated that I'm in any trouble.
So where can we download all the songs from all the games? iTunes?
Oh, yeah, that, I remember that. Well, the website hasn't been doing well, so they can't have you download the entire soundtrack at once, but I have been downloading each song individually which I thought really worked out, so I forgot about that issue.
Oh, yeah, that, I remember that. Well, the website hasn't been doing well, so they can't have you download the entire soundtrack at once, but I have been downloading each song individually which I thought really worked out, so I forgot about that issue.

Haha sounds good thanks emoji unless someone wants to use the referral link lol