Sujet : Memorable Gaming Momments

Membre supprimé

So, as I saw no discussion about this, I decided to make a thread about it, so yeah, what are your most memorable moments in your video-gaming career?

Mines are:

Pulling out the Master Sword (The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past)
User image
Now, some may argue that pulling out the Master Sword in Ocarina of Time is more memorable, but personally, I find that Link grabbing the sword right as the pendants fly over his head just makes the scene seem magical, and also, you feel that the effort you had to put on the first three dungeons wasn't worthless.

Talking to Yoshi (Super Mario 64)
User image
So, after collecting all the 120 Stars and going to the Castle's roof, we meet an old friend from Super Mario World, not only will he give you a message of Congratulations from the developers themselves, but he'll also give you 99 lives (not that you need them).

Turning into Super Sonic (Sonic 2)
User image
After collecting all of the Chaos Emeralds in those painful Special Stages, you get a message stating: "Sonic can now turn into SUPER SONIC! Not knowing what this means you continue trough the level like normal, then collect 50 Rings and jump, BAM! Sonic just pulled a Dragon Ball Z and is now invincible and also a lot faster. I was pretty confused when I first turned into Super Sonic, but on the other hand I felt like I could stand up to anything that got in my way.

Okay then, those were my memories, now please tell me yours

Getting to the Insomniac Museum (Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3)
User image
Well to be precise the museum in Ratchet & Clank 3 and 2.

Getting to it (teleporter) in Ratchet & Clank 3 was pretty much the first time I ever unlocked (even if not legitimately) something in a game before. However when I later got to it legitimately, it really was the first time I ever completed a game with 100%, and I felt special, but it was not a memorable as the first visit.

In Ratchet & Clank 2, I straight up completed the game fully and felt soo good! I remember when I was in Silver City when I used that special shortcut, it was so awesome!

Completing Rayman 3
User image
This was memorable for me, because Rayman 3 was the first console game I ever played. It got very hard though, and completing it was a mission that took a long long time, however I got stuck on the final boss fight, and it wasn't until many years later that I finished it. I remember that night so well! The first time I completed my first ever game, a memory not everyone would remember (because all of you probably completed your fist game many many years ago)

Getting a PS3
User image
I will never forget that day. Back then I never considered getting a PS3, I knew there was this Ratchet & Clank game for PS3, but I never looked into it simply because there was no way we'd ever get a PS3, and I knew that before I considered it. Honestly I never ever considered the fact I would someday get a PS3. Yep I had a poor person mindset, I mean we weren't at all well off when it came to money back then anyway. So when I saw that we had one I couldn't believe my eyes! I played Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction for days- no weeks- no months! It must have been about a year of non-stop challenge mode after challenge mode after challenge mode. For a long time I woke up early to play it on the crazily giant plasma TV (hell of a lot better than our previous CRT) and witness this quality I had never imagined before! Literally, I couldn't think of a gme with better graphics than Ratchet & Clank 3 until I saw what the PS3 could do!

Those were the days, I will never forget those days. When we were to watch normal TV (rarely) the HUD from Tools of Destruction, and the pause menu were firmly engraved into the screen.

Hard emoji

User image

StarFox Assault
Finding out that all you thought had died, have survived.
The saddest thing ever, so many of that characters you've met during the series now die. Peppy and the StarWolf team sacrifice themselves to safe the univers. Gen Pepper and Pigma are murdered and taken over by the Aparoids. But when you destoy that Queen you feel so tasfied, but when the characters you lost, scroll over the screen you start feeling it. But then after the credits you seen that strange red blinking light and you'll find out that they are still among you.

User image

Super Mario Galaxy
Getting all 242 Stars.

I was very young so this was a huge thing back then. Finishing the game once with Mario and a second time with Luigi. Those hard stages twice, like the damn Daredevil against Poltergeist. Great game, worth it.

User image

StarFox 64 3D
'New' StarFox game released after about 6 years of wait.
I'm a StarFox fan, let it be known! It was so great to hear there was a new one coming up, extra special since it was after Command I didn't really have trust in Nintendo anymore.

Such a difficult choice! emoji

Lemmings
User image
One of the very first games I ever 'played', I spent more time inventing ways to kill them than save them

LEGO Racers
User image
Such a feeling of relief when you finally beat Rocket Racer. The LEGO games have come a long way since then.

LEGO Star Wars
User image
Played it through two player on the PC, then went and played it again two player on the PS3! Some of the best gaming I've ever had with my bro.

Wow, very interesting topic. There are my memories.

"Evil Robots" - Tytus, Romek and A'tomek
User image
If you thought this game is s..t just by looking at the picture, then you are… right emoji But five years ago, it was one of my early games, so I didn't realize that. My memory with it is not the best, but funny, as I couldn't beat first level. I was running throught it for about five minutes, and then stopping. I knew, that if I'll go a bit further, I'll meet a robot. Evil robot. And that even more of them awaits me. I had to replay the level many times to finally face off my nemesis, and when I did, nothing could've stop me. Nothing except a bigger robot, who managed to defeat me. That scared me so much, I couldn't continue for a long time… That's why movie, or in this case, comic book based games can't stand in front of the original.

Meet my lions - Zoo Tycoon 2
User image
Ahh, Zoo Tycoon 2, a part of my late childhood. The game where I could build my own zoo, see some animals and have to remember about leaving space for toilets. And with a lot of them, all guests were happy emoji Well most of them. There was one women who disliked everything in my precious zoo. I decided to give her a lesson. In the build mode, you can change everything. And move everything emoji So when she was trying to leave, she suddenly appeared at my lions pen. My lovely beast quickly started pursuit, and after some running, I allowed her to leave. Don't worry, I wouldn't do this in real… I guess emoji.

emoji - Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty
User image
Quest for Booty was a shock. I have never seen so good graphics, so many places to go (no inviseble walls!) and so much fun platforming. Hoolefar Island was just a… I don't know what it was! It was amazing. Althrought I didn't care about characters (before), I was simply stunned by the game's gameplay (those rails). And it was on my shelf for a year until I played it emoji

This game is just bad - PlayStation Move Heroes
User image
As a fan of Ratchet & Clank I just couldn't resist that. I decided to ignore bad revievs, bad opinions, and bad idea of the game itself. My sister got PS Move (thanks to EyePet), so I was ready to show who is the greates hero. And buy the game. It was the first one I called just bad. Bad controls, bad missions itself and no jumping! When I found store wich was taking used games, I quickly went there to sel it and few other games.
- Sorry, but were don't have "Heroes" on our list.
- What a suprise emoji

Not entirely sure if it counts, but one of the most memorable gaming moments/most nostalgic gaming moment is the startup sound on the PS1!

There are other things I could mention, but there are just too many to list them all, for that matter, there are too many to even remember!