Thread: the Origin of "Your Username"

Deleted user

Discuss why you named yourself after the username you have in the Ratchet-Galaxy forum. Why did you decided to give that "username" in particular? Does your username have any meaning from the names, words and numbers you have put into your username?

If you're not clear about this topic, here's an example.

Take my name for instance - TipsyMcBee

TipsyMc is from an old nickname I had back in high school called "TipsyMcBoozerton". One of my high school friends gave me that name when I accidentally spilled some 7Up in her parents car… or van. I forgot which.

The Bee part is rather random for my username. I started rhyming words like Bee, Dee, Phee, Tea one day and decided to choose Bee for my username. My thoughts for choosing Bee was either it sounded pretty catchy when being mixed with TipsyMc or that I was never too freaked out by bees when I was young compared to other young girls.

So, does anyone get the idea of this topic? emoji

Deleted user

hehe! That's funny to know, how you got your nickname XD

And well mine is just my… err real name XD but the last name isn't real though. But I'm known as Tara Cross online, and all over… but I've been thinking about changing my username here to Lurking Leanne (Which I am known as on the Insomniac forums) because Leanne is my fursona's name and I tend to lurk a lot in forums, than actually posting emoji

Deleted user
hehe! That's funny to know, how you got your nickname XD

And well mine is just my… err real name XD but the last name isn't real though. But I'm known as Tara Cross online, and all over… but I've been thinking about changing my username here to Lurking Leanne (Which I am known as on the Insomniac forums) because Leanne is my fursona's name and I tend to lurk a lot in forums, than actually posting emoji

I was mostly known as TipsyMcBoozerton online before, but since I wanted a new identity on the internet, I chose TipsyMcBee instead. It's a combination of old with a new. emoji

The origin of your "Lurking Leanne" username is rather unique and interesting. May I ask why you chose the word "Cross" in your username that you're using here at RG? Is it supposed to reference Angela Cross from Going Commando or something completely different?

Deleted user

Lol well there is a reason behind it but it has nothing to do with Angela Cross XD (though it is sorta funny thinking about that) but yeah, it's something to do with real-life actually and when I first appeared online, I went around calling myself Tara Cross and it's stuck there ever since…

But I may change it to the Lurking Leanne one, for here too.

Neat topic well I have a reason why I have this username

Cute - I was told that I'm cute by my friends in real life and online but by other times when I go out sometimes for either a walk in town or go to appointments I've been called nicer things by some people (especially thoese who flirted at me and believe I get flirted at alot emoji ) saying that I'm pretty, nice looking, and I have been told I have a nice figure one time by some weird fellow =/ but even though I appreciate thoese kind words I like the word 'cute' best out of the lot emoji

Sigma0426a - Well since there's not many accounts with even the name 'Sigmund' (apart of one I know about) I thought I made this account with his full name in it

Fan - What can I say? Siggy has my strong fan side emoji but I love that robot to bits emoji

Cross between my favourite game series!

Ok this is going to be a long one

**Possible spoiler warning**

It originated when I was playing Star Wars Knights of the old republic, an old game on PC and xbox original. Near the end of the game you discover that you were Darth Revan and you had lost you're memory. As a joke I decided to call my guy Revan from the start so he would say "I'm not Revan anymore, I'm Revan" lol. After that the name started to grow on me and I started using it everywhere.

The AC part came along when I tried to sign up for xbox live and Revan was taken, I didn't want to change it because I liked it too much, so I added my initials to the end of it and it worked, in fact it works everywhere and I use it everywhere, PSN, deviantART, etc…

So thats how my name came to be RevanAC emoji

(Huh, wasn't that long, lol)

RF are also my initals!

I kinda just thought of my username on the web myself.

SweetT I use on here, but most other places my username will be SweetTeaholic. Sweet Tea is one of my fav drinks.
The Holic part came from my addiction to it (well, not addiction, but I drink it alot).

So pretty much not a big story behind it, I just like it alot. also have people calling me Sweet sometimes too, but I prefer if people don't unless you're a close friend. Same apply to (Jess)ica, my real name.

I kinda just thought of my username on the web myself.

SweetT I use on here, but most other places my username will be SweetTeaholic. Sweet Tea is one of my fav drinks.
The Holic part came from my addiction to it (well, not addiction, but I drink it alot).

So pretty much not a big story behind it, I just like it alot. also have people calling me Sweet sometimes too, but I prefer if people don't unless you're a close friend. Same apply to (Jess)ica, my real name.

There's nothing wrong with that. Only my close friends call me "Ratchet". It's not my real name though emoji

Deleted user

I have got ARACHNINA007 for this reasons:
Arachnina was mutant in "Crash of the Tians". And that game WAS my favourite game (I said was)
And 007 is from JAMES BOND…. I have got this username on youtube first (And I didnt want to create another name, so I keep this name for Ratchet-Galaxy)

My username is supposed to be Black-Kat1223, but I managed to forget the T. Oops.
The reason for the name is that I have green eyes, and at the time I came up with the name, my hair was jet black. Cats are often associated with having green eyes, so I had 'Black Cat'. The first time I tried to use it, 'BlackCat' was taken, so I tried 'BlackKat' instead. Also taken. So I put a hyphen between the words and it worked. I have 1223 on the end because that's my birthday, 12-23-1995.
Now I prefer the name I use on other websites: Jstar1223. 'J' is the first letter of my first name, I like astronomy, 'star', and I already explained '1223'.

Vox789 was a username that just popped into my head.

For other sites I usually use Alectron6000(my name but with a C instead of an X and the "Tron" part and the numbers are just random.Actually,the Tron part isn't random,I just love robots.)

The real reason is that Gleeman Vox was one of my favorite antagonists of the series and I'm not sure what the "789" part is about.

My username is supposed to be Black-Kat1223, but I managed to forget the T. Oops.
The reason for the name is that I have green eyes, and at the time I came up with the name, my hair was jet black. Cats are often associated with having green eyes, so I had 'Black Cat'. The first time I tried to use it, 'BlackCat' was taken, so I tried 'BlackKat' instead. Also taken. So I put a hyphen between the words and it worked. I have 1223 on the end because that's my birthday, 12-23-1995.
Now I prefer the name I use on other websites: Jstar1223. 'J' is the first letter of my first name, I like astronomy, 'star', and I already explained '1223'.

Ironicly, my hair is jet black and I have green eyes.