Sujet : Video Game Franchises You've Lost Interest In

Membre supprimé

Were there any video game franchises that you loved so much before, but lost interest in the games/series afterward?

If so, name a few game franchises and explain why you don't like them anymore.

Membre supprimé

Well people who know me will know my first answer…

Crash Bandicoot.

This once was my most favourite series of all! I was so obsessed with it for years, since 1997 (but got even more of a fan during 2002) I awlays drew a load of fanart, had countless fancharacters, a few fanfics and even a fan-movie (Outcast Bandicoot)

BUT…

of course, the games haven't been of good quality, especially once the developers changed from Naughtydog to… these other teams. The series has been juggled around from Eurocom, Travellers Tales, Vicarious Visions, Radical Entertainment, Dimps, and some others I dont care about. And with those team changes, the characters and Crash theme in general was changed so repetitively and I was so put off the series once 'Crash of the Titans' came to light in 2007 emoji (again anyone, please don't get offended by MY opinion. It's MY opinion, so get used to it. Respect my views and I'll respect yours)

The only Crash games I liked were Naughtydog and Travellers Tales ones. CNK was ok though, but the rest… meh.

And now, I rarely draw fanart for it at all and isn't inspired by the games anymore. Thank goodness the Ratchet & Clank series hasn't gone that way XD

Membre supprimé

I have a few series that quite lost my interest very easily, but for a variety of reasons. I'll just name a few that are in top of my head.

1. Kingdom Hearts

I was once a huge fan of the first Kingdom Hearts title and it was the game that made me want to get a PS2 in the first place. I was so excited when Kingdom Hearts 2 was announced, but became pretty disappointed when I finally played the game back in 2006. After beating Kingdom Hearts 2, I didn't really cared about the series with it's many prequels that were unnecessary to the fanchise. Birth By Sleep is the only game that is one of the better Kingdom Hearts prequels in the series and that's it.

I didn't like how games after Kingdom Hearts 1 felt too linear on the level designs with so many cutscenes that felt long and unnecessary with the plot. Kingdom Hearts 2 is one example that has a lot of these flaws.

The rapid fan-base is also where I got a little disgusted by the franchise, especially those who are into the Yaoi, man to man action, if you get my drift.

Even if I'm not a fan of this series, but I do have to admit, I still have a guilty pleasure for the first Kingdom Hearts game.

2. Sonic the Hedgehog

I was a big fan of Sonic when I was a kid, but to be honest…I don't really remember what made me dislike Sonic the Hedgehog later on. I think this was one of those franchises that I forgot for a while such as Donkey Kong and Mortal Kombat. But when I came back to be interested in the franchise again, Sonic was out of my life when seeing footage of the 3D games on the internet. Sonic the Hedgehog 06' is one example that I found the franchise to be terrible.

I was also disgusted by the fan-base of how unoriginal and obnoxious the fans acted. Most of them are worse than the supporting characters themselves.

Yeah, I don't think I ever can go back in liking Sonic the Hedgehog again… unless if it was the 2D games or the SAT AM cartoon.

3. God of War

I've mentioned before that I've enjoy playing the God of War games, but after defeating God of War 3 is where I didn't care about the series anymore, which is because…

At the end of the game, Kratos kills himself in the end of the game.

Plus I was quite disappointed about the approaches that God of War 3 went into for the final game for the trilogy. Especially…

Making the sex gameplay to be part of the main gameplay rather than optional like in the other two games. I wasn't offended by it, but rather shocked and kind of disturbed.

Since I find continuing the series with just prequels just feels unnecessary at this time once you've beaten God of War 3. I still think both God of War 1 and 2 are great games to play, but how the trilogy ended for the franchise just disappointed me.

Membre supprimé

Ah yeah I used to love Sonic as a kid, when I had my Sega and I used to always watch the cartoons emoji

But now… meh. Almost all the new games suck, and the fandom is even worse! (most of the fandom anyway, not all…emoji though I do admit I liked the Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 games… (only 3D Sonic games I enjoyed)

As for Kingdom Hearts and God or War… I never got into those series, just wasn't my taste to begin with, heh emoji

Membre supprimé

I have to admit my favotite sonic character is originally from the anime (which was a fail IMO) but I agree. They pretty much ruined sonic. most old franchises get ruined like that, but i personally think Mario is an exception. I'm worried that they might be after Dig Dug, which is my favorite atari classic game ever…

Membre supprimé
Ah yeah I used to love Sonic as a kid, when I had my Sega and I used to always watch the cartoons emoji

But now… meh. Almost all the new games suck, and the fandom is even worse! (most of the fandom anyway, not all…emoji though I do admit I liked the Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 games… (only 3D Sonic games I enjoyed)

That is pretty much true. There are a couple of 3D Sonic games that are quite decent to play. Even Sonic Colors had some decent reviews from gamers recently. The only downside about the Sonic franchise is the cheesy voice acting, which is one reason why Sonic lost it's touch.

I've actually forgot two other franchises that I've lost interested in.

1. the Tony Hawks series

This series was the ultimate skateboarding games back in the late 90's to mid 2000's. I was a pretty big fan of this game franchise because it was fun to play with another player, but I pretty much lost interest Tony Hawk after playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2. It was a fun game, with old school elements from the previous games, but I never liked the Johnny Knoxville's Jack*** approach in the story mode. Then all the games after Underground 2 became the same old thing over and over again…or just turned into utter crap like Tony Hawk's Ride (which had gotten really bad reviews when it was first released).

2. Soul Calibur

Soul Calibur 2 was the game that made me got interested in the series. It was a really epic fighting game when it came out back around early 2000. I pretty much lost my interest after playing Soul Calibur 4. There were some gameplay moments that felt annoying, cheap or just a little too haardcore overall. I also found the Star Wars cameos just didn't fit the SC universe really well. They felt really out of place for me.

I'm going to add a few more other franchises that I've liked at first, but lost my interest for now just because the series haven't made a solid game for years or they have only made decent games. They are the following…

- Donkey Kong

I've loved Donkey Kong Country back on the SNES and with Donkey Kong Returns for the Wii, it sure might get me into the franchise again since Donkey Kong 64.

- Jak and Daxter

Don't get me wrong, the Jak series is fun and great, but I do have to admit that their later titles weren't as mind blowing as the first and second game. Still a fun series though, but there are a few flaws with some games like Jak X, Lost Frontier and even a bit of Jak 3.

- Mortal Kombat

I had an obsession with this franchise when I was a kid (don't ask how I was able to like a violent video game at a young age), but somehow I forgot about the series while growing up. My friend kept mentioning about the latest game coming out next year, maybe the 9th title might get me into Mortal Kombat again. Although, I could be wrong.