Sujet : Rusty Pete

No one mentioned Rusty Pete so I thought I'd made a new thread about this forgotten character.

So , err..Rusty Pete was Captain Slag's mate until a certain lombax killed himemoji.He was devastated..for a few minutes , then Ratchet became the new captain.

Rusty Pete a funny character , he drinks lots of grog , hiccups a lot and he talks with a pirate accent.

What do you guys think about him?

Membre supprimé

As much as I was annoyed by the loads of pirate theme in TOD and in Q4B, I had some good laughs and was charmed by Rusty Pete. He and Captain Slag had some fun and wonderful moments in the game that made the experience felt so nostalgia for some reason. Guess it was the quirky pirate vibe I believe… I also personally think that Rusty Pete has a really fun personality overall.

You think Rusty Pete is a forgotten character? I don't think he is compared to other supporting casts that appeared in other Ratchet and Clank games. He appeared in both TOD and in Quest 4 Booty. Even in A Crack in Time when…

We get to hear his voice on some of the ads on the radio stations.

So therefore, he isn't fully that unappreciated yet. He is still well known for now. :oui:

For some weird reason , lots of movies , books and even games go through the pirate phase.
I don't know why , I guess it's an annoying trend. I didn't think it was necessary. But it's too late to try to change the storyline.
Yes. I do think Rusty Pete is a forgotten character , no one seems to be talking about him emoji

But I do miss other character such as : Big Al , Scrunch the monkey , Helga , Skidd / Shadow Dude Angela Cross and maybe those two robots in Deadlocked that are working in Galaxy Burger.

So he appeared in ToD and in Quest For booty.

I haven't played A crack in time so i'm not gonna spoil it for me emoji

Membre supprimé

I like most of the characters in the series, and I think Rusty Pete is a great character as well too, a very funny one with a silly personality, hiccups and all that emoji and not to mention his Good/Bad side too, which shows a lot in Quest for Booty :P when he's loyal to Captain Slag, but still gives you weapons to show 'No hard feelings!' heh emoji

Rusty Pete? Forgotten? Nu-uh! emoji

Personally, he's one of my favorite secondary characters in the series. Him and Slag come out with some really witty stuff in TOD, and Pete himself is just really likable. As Tara pointed out, he isn't 100% bad/evil either, which raises him a notch in my eyes.

And as for the Pirate theme in TOD/QFB, you should have seen it coming. Think about it: UYA, we had robot ninjas. In Deadlocked, we had robot zombies. It was only a matter of time before pirates made their way onto the assembly lines. emoji

Membre supprimé
And as for the Pirate theme in TOD/QFB, you should have seen it coming. Think about it: UYA, we had robot ninjas. In Deadlocked, we had robot zombies. It was only a matter of time before pirates made their way onto the assembly lines. emoji

Perhaps there might be robot cowboys in the next Ratchet game. After all, the spaghetti western trend is coming back thanks to Red Dead Redemption. emoji

Rusty Pete? Forgotten? Nu-uh! emoji

Personally, he's one of my favorite secondary characters in the series. Him and Slag come out with some really witty stuff in TOD, and Pete himself is just really likable. As Tara pointed out, he isn't 100% bad/evil either, which raises him a notch in my eyes.

Actually, in QFB, Rusty Pete Kinda betrayed Ratchet at some point of the game and revived Captain Slag. But still, he is a pretty cool pirate's mate emoji

Actually, in QFB, Rusty Pete Kinda betrayed Ratchet at some point of the game and revived Captain Slag. But still, he is a pretty cool pirate's mate emoji

I like most of the characters in the series, and I think Rusty Pete is a great character as well too, a very funny one with a silly personality, hiccups and all that emoji and not to mention his Good/Bad side too, which shows a lot in Quest for Booty :P when he's loyal to Captain Slag, but still gives you weapons to show 'No hard feelings!' heh emoji

As I said, he's not 100% bad. emoji

Perhaps there might be robot cowboys in the next Ratchet game. After all, the spaghetti western trend is coming back thanks to Red Dead Redemption. emoji

Cowboys…? O_O I didn't even thing about that. That would be interesting, and it'd fit with the trend too. :oui:

I haven't playred A Crack in Time yet but, does Rusty Pete appear somewhere in the game or is he gone for good?

I haven't playred A Crack in Time yet but, does Rusty Pete appear somewhere in the game or is he gone for good?

all I can say is that you won't see him in the game but he's not gone for good once you played it you'll see what I mean (I'm saying this is because I don't want to spoil it for the person who I have no idea if he or she played the game yet or not (I forgot the name and the gender of that person sorry whoever you are if you're reading this ^^; ) and I remember his or her last words something about not to spoil it for that person.

You hear him on the radio

What about Angela Cross?
People have been saying that she's in the game. I hope she is, she's like one of my favorite characters cause she's clumsy emoji

Membre supprimé

Thanks for the spoiler. emoji

We do have spoiler tags if you don't want to reveal certain information to everybody, especially those who haven't played later Ratchet games yet.

What about Angela Cross?
People have been saying that she's in the game. I hope she is, she's like one of my favorite characters cause she's clumsy emoji

You better get into topic quickly because you are just asking for MAJOR SPOILERS to A Crack in Time in a TOD thread.

Thanks for the spoiler. emoji

We do have spoiler tags if you don't want to reveal certain information to everybody, especially those who haven't played later Ratchet games yet.

What about Angela Cross?

You better get into topic quickly because you are just asking for MAJOR SPOILERS to A Crack in Time in a TOD thread.

Whoa. Didn't realized that. Let's just hope that I didn't spoiled the whole game… emoji

Membre supprimé

He's my… 4th favorite character!
1st (IDONT even HAVE TO SAY!)
2nd is clank
3rd is eviscerator
4th is rusty pete.

I mean out of the WHOLE R&C universe… but my first fave is no doubt my closest fave… understand what i mean..?