Sujet : the Ratchet and Clank Fan-Made Videos Thread

Membre supprimé

We have a R&C thread for Fan-Fiction and Fan Art, so why not Fan-Made Videos?

So anyways, this is the thread to post links of Ratchet and Clank fan-made videos and share them with everybody. You can either post your own video or someone's video, although if it's a video that you haven't made make sure you give the editor credit while posting it in this thread.

It can be VG music videos, mash-up parodies, remake trailers, anything that has Ratchet and Clank in it. Just make sure you don't post the official videos here.

So anywho, let's get started!

I have a couple of Ratchet and Clank videos I want to post here that were done by me…

1. Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time remade trailer:

WARNING! MAY CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE GAME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9H0W40Q9q4

2. Ratchet and Clank's Cwazy Cinema (a mash-up parody video):

WARNING! THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SOME STRONG LANGUAGE AND SOME MAJOR SPOILERS FROM A CRACK IN TIME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0Xg5CHh6H4

Membre supprimé

I watched that, and it is AWESOME emoji

I LOVE it!

Oh yeah, the cwazy cinema is hilarious and the fan-trailer is also brilliant

Membre supprimé

Ah yes, the great "Cwazy Cinema" videos emoji love em! Especially the 2nd one, lol. Already added those to my favourites!

And well I haven't got any to show yet, but later in the year I plan to make an animated music video for my R&C Fanfiction… once I learn how to draw ships and weapons a bit more. I've done a lot of animation for another series so it'll be interesting to do one for R&C instead!

Very good

Membre supprimé

Am I going to be the only member here who going to share my fan-made Ratchet and Clank videos on this thread? emoji

Buy anyways, Thanks for liking the videos you guys. I also take critiques and suggestions too if you guys want me to improve on my editing skills.

As for the Cwazy Cinema mash-ups, some people have been asking me for a 4th video already. I've actually started it back in the summer of this year, but I couldn't had the time to complete it. Hopefully I get it done by this month.

Membre supprimé

Well I'd share mine if I actually had any emoji actually, I do 'sorta' have one, but it's a mixture of Ratchet & Clank AND Crash Bandicoot…

Ok here it is anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwyU_Pg9txU

(WARNING: Contains stupidity, randomness, psychoticness and many other things that may disturb sane people! Recommended to watch only if you're in a hyper mood or is 'on' something. You have been warned!)

And I'd like to see another Cwazy cinema video too emoji

I have seen your mental Ratchet and Crash video before Tara and I have to say it is CRAZY! but still funny though, especially the 'we want your soul!' thing and the part with Angela and Vox at the end.

I also still like Tipsy's Cwazy cinema videos a lot, they are very funny and creative!

How do you make them?

Membre supprimé
How do you make them?

Well for one thing, you definitely need a video editing program to make videos like these such as Sony Vegas or Final Cut Pro.

I use Windows Movie Maker when I edit videos. I know… it's cheap and highly frustrating, but when you have been using this editing software for so long, you pretty much get used to it. It's more work to make your videos really presentable on Movie Maker, buy you know… I think it's worth it to keep yourself occupied.

The source material has to be the issue to make these videos. You need certain programs, codecs and a lot of converting to put into your computer, especially if the video and audio files works well. Also, you have to be cautious about how much you can download depending how much memory you have in your computer. So sometimes doing these kind of videos can be pretty risky.

And once you have your source material, you can trim and edit them in the timeline of the program and make whatever videos you like to do. It's quite simple really… but may be slightly difficult for a first try.

I remember watching Tara's Crazy Crash and Ratchet video when she first upload it and it was very insane in the membrane. emoji

Membre supprimé

I used to use Windows Movie Maker too sinc 2003, until last year when I finally got Sony Vegas 7, which is far better to use but it's a lot more complicated than WMM!

And yeah I made that video when I was really bored one day… not sure if I'll ever make anything like that again for a while though XD I dont seem to be in the mood to make fan videos lately, but I do wanna try fanimation.

Membre supprimé
I used to use Windows Movie Maker too sinc 2003, until last year when I finally got Sony Vegas 7, which is far better to use but it's a lot more complicated than WMM!

And yeah I made that video when I was really bored one day… not sure if I'll ever make anything like that again for a while though XD I dont seem to be in the mood to make fan videos lately, but I do wanna try fanimation.

I understand what you mean. Sometimes doing editing for fan mash-ups can be very tiring and frustrating, especially when your computer acts stupid on you and deletes one of your movie making files. It happened to me yesterday when I was working on one of the parts for Cwazy Cinema 4. Some error showed up and just automatically deleted the file. The WMM file wasn't in my documents or in the recycling bin, It Was Gone!

But Man, you won't believe how p***ed off I was when that happened to me. All that editing work, for nothing… emoji

Therefore, Cwazy Cinema 4 has to be delayed again.

Membre supprimé

What the heck?? That sucks then D: Wonder how that happened? Even I never had that issue with WMM before… besides it freezing up all the time (which is why I saved so often)

But yeah I also need a funny and crazy idea before making any videos again… but I'll do something, sometime :B maybe once I get my new HDD installed… onto my main PC.

Membre supprimé

I have no idea… but on the plus side, I have that part saved as a video on my computer. The only problem is I needed to go back to it to do some other touch ups with it.

Well, I could use the video as reference to do that part again or use the saved video as the audio timeline to revamp the part (although ,there was a couple of things I wanted to add in it).

Yeah, I would agree that coming up with an idea is the best way to do any fan-made videos what-so-ever. If you don't have an idea, then you would be stuck. Usually checking other resources and such is my best suggestion to be inspired with making these videos. Find things that are entertaining, well known or even be universal with your work is the way to go. It's okay to be personal with what you do, but like with any creations such as art, music and even editing, don't make it too obvious.