Sujet : Things you do NOT want to happen in Ratchet and Clank

Membre supprimé

Have you had one of those moments where you were afraid that a game franchise would go on a different take one day? Become an only racing game experience? Having a dark theme in the overall game and so forth?

Which are somethings you do not want to see in the Ratchet and Clank series?

Well I assure you that everybody at the IG forums doesn't want to see Ratchet and Clank as a party game and I completely agree with that. Sure, Super Mario is an exception for that kind of take (except for sequels after the 3rd game), but I could never see a party game spin-off in other platforming mascot games and Ratchet and Clank is one of them.

I also never want to see Ratchet and Clank with a fetish of too much blood and violence. Thank goodness IG would NEVER ever make the Ratchet and Clank games with gore because that would throw the franchise off right away. I guess I would add other elements that would fit this theme quite well such as angst, horror, etc.

I know some of the younger fans dig Ratchet and Clank in such angst and bloody states, especially in some fan art that is posted on DA. I don't mind blood in a picture, but not too much, especially from a franchise that's originally not a Mature rated film, show, game, etc.

What I am most afraid of is the casual-isation of games; the easy games that are quick and just fun to do with family around. Which precisely why I don't like All4One. Exactly like what happened with Rayman Raving Rabbits; It's just all minigames and that's it. Even better: everyone knows the rabbits, but Rayman is dead!

Ratchet and Clank gamers/fanatics want a game that has it's hard ways, tough bosses and hard gameplay. I want that too, since that's what I fell in love with.

Amen

Membre supprimé

All 4 One hasn't even arrived yet, so we cannot judge a game before it's release date. We have to at least play the game first and then we can say we either like it or not, but I assume you're still in that hesitant feeling in not liking the idea of this recent Ratchet game. You're not the only one. I had some slight doubts about this game at first, but from the latest information we're getting from A4O, I am quite excited to get this game.

I don't think A4O will be a huge change and become THAT casual unlike Rayman: Raving Rabbits or Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. It's still going to provide the same elements from the last Ratchet and Clank games, but will have co-op and multiplayer to the mix.

But hey, at least A4O isn't going to become a learning game and we all know that everyone hates games that teaches you things. We got school to learn, we certainly don't need an iconic videogame mascot and his pals to asks us what 2 + 2 is. emoji

I will be completely freaked out with terror if Ratchet and Clank became a learning game emoji it will be like Rayman brain games for the Ps1…Ratchet will be like "Quick! Help me and Clank stop Dr.Nafarious by telling me what 2 plus 2 equals!" or "In order to find planet Veldin the we have to look for the planet with the answer to the following problems!" -_-;

I wouldnt play R&C if its going to be a First Person game later

I would hate to see Ratchet as a first-person shooter… It would just make it another Call of Duty, and I don't think there needs to be any more Call of Duty.

What I am most afraid of is the casual-isation of games; the easy games that are quick and just fun to do with family around. Which precisely why I don't like All4One. Exactly like what happened with Rayman Raving Rabbits; It's just all minigames and that's it. Even better: everyone knows the rabbits, but Rayman is dead!

Ratchet and Clank gamers/fanatics want a game that has it's hard ways, tough bosses and hard gameplay. I want that too, since that's what I fell in love with.

I also wouldn't want a game that's too easy either… It would get boring after a while. Having a challenge is what makes it fun. emoji

Ratchet and Clank is a basicly easy game… Compared to other games out there (like Jak or… Something along the lines emoji ) But they have gotten a bit harder at times… ToD got kinda hard later in the game. But as for something I would hate to see! I would HATE to see… As insane as it sounds i really don't like versus. So a full on multiplayer game packed full of versus (like if it was based around fighting other people, i would just hate to see that! emoji

Membre supprimé

Didn't Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal had a first person option in their gameplay? Because according to a few years back, I remember checking this feature in one of those PS2 Ratchet games.

But I understand what you guys mean. If Ratchet and Clank became a full first-person game, then that would make me put my controller down, turn off my system and just do something else.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that they do not want R&C to have a racing game.

Didn't Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal had a first person option in their gameplay? Because according to a few years back, I remember checking this feature in one of those PS2 Ratchet games.

But I understand what you guys mean. If Ratchet and Clank became a full first-person game, then that would make me put my controller down, turn off my system and just do something else.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that they do not want R&C to have a racing game.

Because a racing game would be a good game! In the third they were gonna do turboslider racing across many different levels but it didn't work out (they sure were packing it with goodies weren't they?) i think they ran outta time? I tried the unfinished Florana track and really it was GOOD! If it was a full on race i would love it! And i am a person who HATES racing games! Really they suck in my opinion! But IG do a mighty fine job at making epicness! The track was so fun! And i could so imagine a good Aquotos track, Zeldrin Starport? Dax, Veldin, Zeldrin (that'd be cool!) and i think one at the Launch Site would have been great! (they had a good desighn there and it was a bit like a race track!

Just imagine racing Turbo Sliders, Hover Bikes, Hover Boards, Gyro Cycles, Hoverboots and any other vehicles i haven't mentioned? Through massive fun race tracks on planets all over the Universe! (maybe restrict to Solana, Plorais and Bogon. On planets we know) I would play it and i bet it would be fun!

And that is why no one has mentioned it as a BAD thing emoji

Membre supprimé

If Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot had made a full on racing game and made it enjoyable to play through, then I'm sure it can happen to Ratchet and Clank. Just as long it's done right and doesn't become a Mario Kart clone.

I'm not sure what I think about having an R&C racing game; I mean, personally, I've never particularly enjoyed racing games (okay, so I do for a bit, and then get tired of them), but, knowing how unpopular Jak X was, I'm really not sure it would work for R&C either, it DOES work as a minigame (hoverboards, hoverbikes, turbosliders etc.) but, as a full game on it's own, I don't think it would sell particularly well. I'd buy it if I knew it had a storyline; play it through once, and then probably just sell it, and, as with Playstation Move Heroes, if the story is motivating enough, I can quite happily play through a whole game, even if I'm not finding the gameplay all too fun.
However, knowing about things like Jak X, I have the feeling it could give the series a bad name.
I have very mixed feelings about "what if there were an R&C racing game?" because, as I've said, there are both good and bad points, it's actually taken me a long time to write this comment, because I've had such indecisive thoughts on the matter… emoji

Anyway, something else I wouldn't want to see in an R&C game is anything like those old arcade shooters like Time Crisis, where your character moves along a set path, leaving you to shoot the enemies, and then the character stops until you've shot all the enemies, and then keeps moving; that sort of game just feels frustratingly choreographed… emoji

What I don't want to see is bleeping of not so offensive words…Like "crap" it actually makes it seem like they are saying the F word.

also despite what was mentioned I wouldn't mind a little touch of blood in any upcoming games at least in the cut scenes.
If anything I wish Ratchet would have been featured as a Downloadable character on the New Mortal Kombat game.

What I don't want to see is bleeping of not so offensive words…Like "crap" it actually makes it seem like they are saying the F word.

also despite what was mentioned I wouldn't mind a little touch of blood in any upcoming games at least in the cut scenes.
If anything I wish Ratchet would have been featured as a Downloadable character on the New Mortal Kombat game.

I say… No. Ratchet and Clank would not go well with blood. In my opinion blood would ruin the whole idea of the Nanotech/futuristicness of the game. Even when you kill an enemy… It just wouldn't be the same emoji maybe a different way of enemys getting defeated? No blood though! I strongly disagree… You cannot mix games. But that is just my opinions. You can go for whatever you like :oui:

I would love it if R&C went for a more adult audience - people in their 20s and upwards. The 'fun for all the family' image and the tongue in cheek jokes that younger people wouldn't understand I think are great, but it could do a lot more.

HOWEVER. I would absolutely DESPISE the game if it went for the typical American form of 'more adult game'. Blood, excessive violence, swearing at every turn and (heaven forbid) realism. Its cartoon nature with a more adult aim, brilliant, cartoon with realism and typical American schmutz, I would hate it instantly.

I don't think I would want to see an M-rated Ratchet & Clank game. R&C is not meant to be rated M, so I don't think I would want to see blood or excessive swearing in a Ratchet & Clank game.