Sujet : Game Related Movies. What's wrong with them?

What is it that people have against game related movies?!
Every time I'm about to watch a movie, I watch a trailer first. I was about to watch Red Fraction: Origins, based of THQ's Red Fraction video games. All the comments were like: ''Omg, this movie is *ss''. I just watched it, and there is nothing wrong with this Universal motion picture.

And remember Tomb Raider? With Angelina Jolie playing as Lara Croft and her real father playing as Lara's father? That movie was awesome! Cradle of Life too!

I'm just very curious. What is it that makes people hate any game related movies? If Jolie as one of the most famous video game characters can't do it right, then who can?

Membre supprimé

The problems that most people fing in Video-Game Related Movies are the stupid actors that always act out-of-character, horrible Special Effects, Unnbelievable stupid Story and the fact that the movie does not capture the magic the game has.

ive only playd 2 movie games

resident evil awaking ok game great movie
the amazing spiderman amazing game and movie

i feel as long as u make the movie first it will
be ok

The problems that most people fing in Video-Game Related Movies are the stupid actors that always act out-of-character, horrible Special Effects, Unnbelievable stupid Story and the fact that the movie does not capture the magic the game has.

If you see it loose of the game, there's nothing wrong with it. Tho I've played Tomb Raider before I saw the music. Still those are 2 of my favorite movies of all time. Great story, awesome actors and perfet special effects.
The Red Fraction movie… well, I haven't played the games, but the movie was pretty cool. Tho I think they didn't use the main caracters ore made a precuel of something.

Membre supprimé

If you see it loose of the game, there's nothing wrong with it. Tho I've played Tomb Raider before I saw the music. Still those are 2 of my favorite movies of all time. Great story, awesome actors and perfet special effects.
The Red Fraction movie… well, I haven't played the games, but the movie was pretty cool. Tho I think they didn't use the main caracters ore made a precuel of something.

Want a bad Video-Game movie? Go watch The Super Mario Bros. Movie or Street Fighter the Movie (You know one worst thing about this movie? They made a game based on it. A game, based on a movie, that is based on a game. SRSLY?).

Want a bad Video-Game movie? Go watch The Super Mario Bros. Movie or Street Fighter the Movie (You know one worst thing about this movie? They made a game based on it. A game, based on a movie, that is based on a game. SRSLY?).

I actually own Street Fighter on VHS. Never watched it. Don't like the games, must hate the movie.
But SMB. I've never seen before, I'd like to get that on DVD sometime emoji

But here's my list of good game movies:

Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life
Red Faction: Origins
Doom
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Extinction
Resident Evil: After Life
Resitent Evil: Apoycalypse

Shorther than I thought. Turns out I haven't seen that many game related movies emoji

I have seen NONE!

I really hope they do an inFamous one, and I'm pretty sure they're doing an Uncharted one, so those would be the two I'd like to see. Not really all that keen on Ratchet, it's cool, and a movie would probably introduce a cool new story, but I don't want one as bad as I would an inFamous, Uncharted or even Killzone movie.

I have seen NONE!

I really hope they do an inFamous one, and I'm pretty sure they're doing an Uncharted one, so those would be the two I'd like to see. Not really all that keen on Ratchet, it's cool, and a movie would probably introduce a cool new story, but I don't want one as bad as I would an inFamous, Uncharted or even Killzone movie.

the're doing an uncharted movie?!?!?!?!? i can't wait to see that, i hope they have the same actors as they do in the game. I think thats one reason why some people might not like movies based on games, because the're used to hearing A certain actor as a certain part.

If Emily Rose plays in it, I'm all in! emoji

I have seen NONE!

If they do an inFamous movie, Jason Statham would be perfect to play as Cole Macgrath!

In a video game, the player creates the story, individualized (to some extent) game play, and nobody else will do the EXACT same thing while playing the game.

Movies do not.

What about games like Uncharted, Killzone, Jak and Daxter or Ratchet & Clank? You simply follow the story, unlike say inFamous, Grand Theft Auto or Dues Ex (never played, only seen and heard how it works) in which you decide where you want to go.

Membre supprimé

Oh, just remmembered a good video-game movie. Sonic OVA, altough it has an horrible dub, it's still good.

What about games like Uncharted, Killzone, Jak and Daxter or Ratchet & Clank? You simply follow the story, unlike say inFamous, Grand Theft Auto or Dues Ex (never played, only seen and heard how it works) in which you decide where you want to go.

People play games in different ways. Some of us want to just follow the story, some of us(for example, me) like to explore every single pixel and polygon in the game. emoji When i have played R&C-games, i have always liked to smack every plant i have seen to get some Bolts. I'm such a Collector(and a Perfectionist)… emoji Some people might just want to make Ratchet and all the other controllable characters do crazy things like suddenly start to spin around in the middle of a map. XD

I think i haven't seen much video game related movies but i have heard that Uwe Boll's movies are bad. Like i said, i haven't seen them so i won't comment or give my opinion about that. :P I guess i probably should watch VGR movies in the Future. emoji

Oh, and i guess Uwe's movies should be really really bad to make me dislike them. X) I like most of the movies i have watched. But there are some movies that i have fallen deeply in love with. :P