Sujet : Disney + Star Wars = ? You decide.

I'm pretty sure we all know what this is about.emoji

They'll probably go putting Leia in the Disney Princess line.

Well, Disney own Marvel, and they have't done anything silly with that… so they probably won't do anything strange like… putting Leia in the Disney Princess line… What I'm more worried about is the very fact that they're making a seventh episode is worrying. They might do it alright, but if they do what they did with Episode III and make it 98% CGI, it won't work… they need SOME actual footage…

As long as they don't over-glorify the new episodes it should be okay… I think

They'll probably go putting Leia in the Disney Princess line.

that would NOT be good.

Dear DreamWorks

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Regards,
Kubak12

I read it this morning. Disney is great, they'll do something awesome to it.
I've never seen a Star Wars (except the one from Family Guy), I played the games though. Rogue Squadron on N64 is my fave emoji

I read it this morning. Disney is great, they'll do something awesome to it.
I've never seen a Star Wars (except the one from Family Guy), I played the games though. Rogue Squadron on N64 is my fave emoji

You've never seen Star Wars?! emoji Okay so IV-VI (the original 70's films) are showing their age a bit but they are still some of the best films I've seen. I-III are okay, but not as good.

I'm not too fussed by the takeover, apparently Disney already owns/produces the Marvel movies and they're my kinda movies. Although I'm not sure I'd want to see another Star Wars or Indiana Jones, but I'm up for surprises. emoji

If he hadn't sold to Disney, I bet Lucas was planning on making that "final trilogy" anyway. With Disney owning it now at least there's someone to answer to. Lucas will be a consultant.

Disneyland has had Star Wars themed stuff for years; Star Tours, etc and it's always been a good fit.

If he hadn't sold to Disney, I bet Lucas was planning on making that "final trilogy" anyway. With Disney owning it now at least there's someone to answer to. Lucas will be a consultant.

Disneyland has had Star Wars themed stuff for years; Star Tours, etc and it's always been a good fit.

Actually, now you say so. I thought Star Tours wás Star Wars xD

But no, I've never seen a SW. Maybe I'll get the BluRay collection someday. But I'm kinda spoiled with Snow White & The Huntsman special effects xD

If he hadn't sold to Disney, I bet Lucas was planning on making that "final trilogy" anyway. With Disney owning it now at least there's someone to answer to. Lucas will be a consultant

Actually, I think I did read somewhere that he had indeed been planning to make the extra episodes, but sold out to Disney so that he'd have the extra money to do so

Does anyone know if the new story is going to be based on the books that are set after number 6?

Does anyone know if the new story is going to be based on the books that are set after number 6?

I wouldn't count on it, but I don't know. They'll probably incorporate elements from it. That being said, I haven't read them.

They also have the "Jedi Training Academy" interactive show at Disneyland. It's super cute with little kids getting to dress up like jedi and they get to use lightsabers and I think one of the volunteers(a kid) gets to help defeat Darth Maul.