Sujet : Little Details Appreciation Thread

That's not hard to animate, and it's actually better that they did it that way.

I agree, it shouldn't be that hard. But I'm curious why you say it's better like that. emoji

(Btw. In your animation classes. Do you learn rigging and skinning as well, or do you get character ready for animation?)

I'll answer both: The reason it's better is it builds character (no matter how small). Nefarious stepped over qwark while not looking at him indicates how much he doesnt care about him.

We do not learn rigging, as it is too advanced and technical. We are being trained to be character animators, with means the rigs are given to us ahead of time, and we do the actual "moving."

User image
We learn the 12 principals of animation, and take them into account when make poses or shots.

That's not hard to animate, and it's actually better that they did it that way.

I agree, it shouldn't be that hard. But I'm curious why you say it's better like that. emoji

(Btw. In your animation classes. Do you learn rigging and skinning as well, or do you get character ready for animation?)

I'll answer both: The reason it's better is it builds character (no matter how small). Nefarious stepped over qwark while not looking at him indicates how much he doesnt care about him.

We do not learn rigging, as it is too advanced and technical. We are being trained to be character animators, with means the rigs are given to us ahead of time, and we do the actual "moving."

User image
We learn the 12 principals of animation, and take them into account when make poses or shots.

12 principles of animation?
Can you sum them up or is it top secret? emoji

You can just look them up on google, everyone should know them emoji

On a completely unrelated note…

User image

User image

This kind of stuff is where the nerd in me comes out. Excepting what's already been mentioned-

Ratchet's character modeling and basic animation from ToD. Got the big stuff right and all the little things too.

Clank's character modeling from ACiT, same reason.

If there's gonna be a novelty weapon in the series, the Groovitron takes the cake. I had to pause the game and laugh when I used it in the boss fight against Tachyon and he responds with "I'm going to finish killing you, right after this song is over!"

I thought the "kinetic tether" thing with the Omniwrench was a cool mechanic, I was disappointed that it wasn't included in ITN. Easy and simple to do, but it was a really nice addition to the flow of the game, plus I love the idea of using the wrench for yet more things instead of just making up another one-shot gadget.

In the same vein, the "pick up things with your wrench and do X" mechanic was nice, although sometimes it wasn't handled the best. Now and then it felt like a fetch quest, but when it was done tactfully it was a fun addition to the puzzle/platforming parts of the game. I liked throwing bombs back at enemies too.

For the really nerdy observations, let's see-

The announcer in the arena from ACiT when Ratchet knocks off a few baddies with just the Omniwrench-

"Now that's hardcore folks, no weapons, no gadgets, just a Lombax and his wrench."

Angela's famous, albeit censored, cuss at the end of GC was memorable (and unexpected).

Can you even count dialogue, jokes and innuendos from the main characters as "little details?" If so I would have to write a pretty long post…. emoji

I like when on tonando, Ratchet keeps wacking the tourists out of the bus, and the HR voice says funny lines to make him stop. emoji

Ah, I see. I thought you ment something technical emoji

Too bad. I'm currently skinning a character again, need to adjust it to a new rig. Unfortunately there are all sorts of fun new problems to explore. I'd hoped to find a skinning buddy emoji

My brother just completed Going Commando without Clank…at all.

User image
Because I was at work, I have no idea how he did this…

That's both amazing and confusing…

I know how to do that from the speedruns of the game. On speedun.com there's a speedrun for GC without Clank since to beat the game fast enough you can't stop for clank so you have to glitch use the wrench glitch and jump glitch to beat therest of the game.

I know how to do that from speedruns of the game. On speedun.com speedruns in NG+ are out Clank since to beat the game fast enough you can't stop for clank on Aranos so you have to use the wrench glitch and jump glitch to beat therest of the game.

EDIT welll this is what I get for using a PSVITA to type, ignore the other post.

Yea, you can just go into first person and use the wrench-climb glitch to get up places without Clank. I've done it before, and it isn't that hard as long as you know how to pull off the glitch. If I remember correctly, you need to be extra careful around Aranos (2nd visit), or you may get Clank back after completing the final Clank section.

As long as you know what you are doing, playing R&C2 without Clank is quite easy. It's those no armour and wrench-ninja playthroughs that are most difficult in this game. Oh and the speed running on this game is insane. Not as insane as the Portal one, but still pretty mad.

In fact it kind of reminds me of the R&C1 speed runs that use the PDA to jump through the air across the level. It's pretty impressive.

Yea, you can just go into first person and use the wrench-climb glitch to get up places without Clank. I've done it before, and it isn't that hard as long as you know how to pull off the glitch. If I remember correctly, you need to be extra careful around Aranos (2nd visit), or you may get Clank back after completing the final Clank section.

As long as you know what you are doing, playing R&C2 without Clank is quite easy. It's those no armour and wrench-ninja playthroughs that are most difficult in this game. Oh and the speed running on this game is insane. Not as insane as the Portal one, but still pretty mad.

In fact it kind of reminds me of the R&C1 speed runs that use the PDA to jump through the air across the level. It's pretty impressive.

Fun Fact: If you start a new game while in fp-mode, it'll stay on fp-mode for the new game! You can't change out of it and your bolt count is doubled! If you have charge boots on, they'll stay on forever.
Only after you reboot the system will fp mode stop. Right now i'm playing Notak without Clank. I never even went to Endako :p

Speaking of Endako, i also really appreciated how they implemented a reason why the enemies would attack you. Often in games just everything is sorta hostile, and there isn't even a real reason why they would be.

I also generally found the animations of enemies really amusing when they landed a successful hit on you. emoji