Sujet : Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Right after me and my brother got home from the movie we went through reciting ALL the lines we liked from the film, it was great! emoji
My theater only had 14 people in it (maybe because it was the day before opening so only the hard core fans went), but many of them laughed at the references to other games (Daxter and Sly Easter egg) and the scene with Qwark that Ani brought up (my bro and I really loved this scene as well).

A joke that I felt could have been better was the "#" jokes Qwark made; after seeing Ani's post with "semicolon close parenthesis" to that scene I was really hoping it would be in there, and it would have been a nice reference.
Oh and I really didn't like the laughing gag between Zed and Drek, really awkward… emoji Or when Zed breaks out into song for a second, although I felt this one coming considering Zed foreshadowed that he sings earlier on in the movie.

My bro thought the opening part with Ratchet doing the "pimp your ride" skit was entertaining and the part after that when he is trying to rewire the brakes and lands head first between Mr. Micron's legs was good (bro and I interpenetrated this with a slight bit of dirty humor but that might have just been us, we were kinda hoping for more innuendos and naughty jokes but the movie was really innocent and inoffensive overall, which isn't bad at all).

My brother said the film didn't have enough action. Agree?

I agree with you here, it felt like the action was mainly at the end and when it wasn't it was too short or not dynamic enough (this is just my personal opinion though)…

No body laughed in me theater… Not a single person… Not even a kid…

WHAT! Really… I was laughing so loud for that one, I think others found it funny as well but I was to loud to tell which is strange for me because I don't like to be loud or disruptive at all.

When Nefarious is trying to tell Drek to trick Qwark and he's just not getting it

This was one of my favorite scenes in the film. Honestly I felt Neffy and Qwark stole the show with their lines and actions. Neffy was so animated (like usual) and any time he was on screen was a treat, that might be because he is my favorite but I thought he got some really good lines too.

Membre supprimé

Thank you emoji This is what I wanted to read emoji

Well, I'll start with how confused I was with the tiny Constructo-Pistol that shot the cartoony boxing glove. Like, wtf was that?

I also thought this was weird but funny. Although, right before Ratchet fired it I was thinking "Oh wow, Ratchet unlocked the cheat for small weapons!". emoji

…Or the one where Ratchet fires a plasma-beast on Qwark's face by using a predator launcher emoji

Membre supprimé
…Or the one where Ratchet fires a plasma-beast on Qwark's face by using a predator launcher emoji

I was surprised that the plasma beast was in the movie

Oh, I also remembered two more scenes that were good that haven't been mentioned yet emoji ; when Dallas is on the news telling people that "the rangers are going to expand their numbers from 4 to 5, wait really? Only 5… well OK." (something along these lines, I can't remember the exact wording). And, the scene with all the Mr. Zurkons are attacking and they are all saying the same lines (not their name) and talking over each other. I think I was the only one giggling at this particularly because I was thinking of the game and how he just keeps saying the same lines over and over again so that's exactly what a bunch of them together would probably do (but this is just me).

The gag that had me laughing the hardest was when the Blarg were texting during Victor's funeral and Drek just sent them out the airlock emoji

It's even funnier, when you realize Victor's expression on the picture is pretty much the same as Qwarks's in the UYA funeral emoji

I was really hoping for the RYNO to go off and bounce all over the Deplanetizer after Neferious lost his grip on it, just like in the recent Death Battle. :3 But alas, nothing really happened with it. C'mon, Rainmaker or Blockade or whoever, if you're gonna have a RYNO in the movie, at least have it fire a few thousand rounds first before you get rid of it! You can't just mention it as a thing in one second only to have it slapped away the next! That's not good weapon development, guys.

I was really hoping for the RYNO to go off and bounce all over the Deplanetizer after Neferious lost his grip on it, just like in the recent Death Battle. :3 But alas, nothing really happened with it. C'mon, Rainmaker or Blockade or whoever, if you're gonna have a RYNO in the movie, at least have it fire a few thousand rounds first before you get rid of it! You can't just mention it as a thing in one second only to have it slapped away the next! That's not good weapon development, guys.

I would also like to see the RYNO firing but the point is that someone could die and no characters of these presents could die. Perhaps if we saw a sneak peak of Nefarious firing it at one of Blargs?

I was just surprised it made an apperiance. It would have been nice if he actually used it in a battle, but I was already happy it was there. With an awesome intro too!

Rip Ya a New One!

I would also like to see the RYNO firing but the point is that someone could die and no characters of these presents could die. Perhaps if we saw a sneak peak of Nefarious firing it at one of Blargs?

I'm not saying anyone should have died. I'd bawl my eyes out if that happened. But yeah, I'm just saying it should have been used is all. I adore the explosions it brings.emoji

I was just surprised it made an apperiance. It would have been nice if he actually used it in a battle, but I was already happy it was there. With an awesome intro too!

Rip Ya a New One!

I was surprised too, but just having a logo doesn't do it for me. Plus the font for it just looked kinda lazy to me. Just doesn't do it justice is all, but that's just me.

Well. I just found out they scrapped the English version in The Netherlands. Are you kidding me?! Kung Fu Panda 3 and Zootopia still have their English versions and they just decided to cast out Ratchet & Clank? Are they trying to ruin its cinema debut? No sane 16+ is going to see it now… -,-

I bet the DVD release will sell twice the amount of tickets sold in the Netherlands…

Edit.
Wow, turns out I'm not the only person who is mad about this, the whole Dutch PlayStation community is going ballistic and is boycotting the Dutch dub. In the hopes of a late English release.

Favorite part was the end credit scence I was yelling I AM NOT A ROBOT for so long…….

What did you guys think about Drek and Nefarious's fate? I thought that Drek's death was kind of…intense and even a little dark. I mean he spends the last moments of his life seeing the beautiful planet that he created, and then he sees the Deplanetizer beam hit the planet and it almost looks like that he accepts his death. My eyes were so wide during that scene.

And then there was Nefarious during the post credit scene. It was also kind of dark the way that the repair bots took his supposedly melted body (that's how the novel described it) was replaced by machine parts. Also the fact that he was awake as the repair bots replaced hos body parts with machine parts and kept telling them to stop. I dunno, I just thought that it was kinda dark. Cool, but dark.

I dunno, I just thought that it was kinda dark. Cool, but dark.

Yeah, me too! Nightmare stuff.