Sujet : Really Random thread

Good thing you guys are on the IG forums: everyone's complaining about how bad the movie was the second time around…

To tell the truth it wasn't that bad in the second time, you can just point out the bad things easier.

I had very little to complain about. And I haven't even seen the original version yet! I my opinion they aced it. Maybe the Rangers besides Elaris weren't very interesting… But I will let that slide. The feel was good, the humor was spot on. In my opinion they delivered.emoji

When I finally watched the movie in the original I was… Disappointed to be honest. While the returning actors were amazing as always, most of the remaining cast didn't really draw my attention, not in a good way at least (Rosario Dawson as Elaris being a noble exception). Giamatti's Drek (with all my willingness to treat him as a completely new character and without Kevin Michael Richardson's voice in mind) seemed really forced, at times I just felt he didn't really want to do this. It's also saddening not to hear Jess Harnell (or Neil Flynn even) as the Plumber. And the Zurkons, the Zurkons… What have they done to you… I guess with this budget they had to stick to the Canadian VOs for all the non-important characters, but that does not excuse the new Zurkon voice, really, it's bad…

But most importantly, I can finally see why this movie was received so poorly - the script is pretty mediocre. Heck, the Polish translation, with all the forced jokes and missed refrences (they even got rid of the Wilhelm scream) actually made it better, thus raising my score for the movie (we also turned out to have a much better Drek, since our actor actually seemed to enjoy himself while playing him). It's not that there are lines that are straight terrible, it's just… Meh at many times, this script got it's moments, but still… I've actually asked TJ Fixman if there's any chance of us seeing the original draft, before Kevin Munroe and Gerry Swallow turned it into their own thing and well, there is, so I'm really hoping the authorized people will make it avaible for us someday.

Aha, so that is not a placeholder! I was wondering cause the movie has the same release date.
The OST is out though. Been thinking about getting it…

If it includes the terrible end-credits rap, then it's a big nope for me.

It seems you're in bad luck then, cause it's on there!
"Bad new travels fahaast, yer just too good to last. Yer rollin' like thunhender!"

User image

Out of curiousity Kubak, what was your favorite part?

Membre supprimé

I actually liked the movie more the second time around. but, I really wish we got to see T.J's script. I really do enjoy his work, and I'm certain that he'd make the movie way better in terms of writing if he had more of his draft in it

I actually liked the movie more the second time around. but, I really wish we got to see T.J's script. I really do enjoy his work, and I'm certain that he'd make the movie way better in terms of writing if he had more of his draft in it

I agree the first time i saw a pre released of the movie the day before it came out it was a decent time i had with my friend , but when i saw the second time i saw it with my two other friend i had way better timeemoji

Membre supprimé
you guys should check out this trailer for this new animated movie called the wild life because their is a certain someone that who does a voice in the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNCjU9VEuNc

You're right… Yuri Lowenthal is in it! the voice for the new Spiderman game emoji

So, Yuri Lowenthal voiced Robinson Crusoe. And did James voice Mak (that red parrot)? He sounded like Ratchet.

Out of curiousity Kubak, what was your favorite part?

Well… Hard to tell, I liked the scenes devoted to Ratchet and Clank's relationship (as little as there was of it in this flick) but in terms of comedy I most enjoyed Qwark and Nefarious arguing during the final showdown ("I workshop thousands of these a year and they can't all be gold!"emoji emoji

Hey Handem, could you translate the names of the other 3 planets that got destroyed by DreK? Maybe they are Oltanis, Hoven, and Eudora.

I feel like you can tell that the script is two writers disagreeing. There are some things that work followed by things that just fall flat.

Membre supprimé
So, Yuri Lowenthal voiced Robinson Crusoe. And did James voice Mak (that red parrot)? He sounded like Ratchet.

Yeah, Jat did the voice of Mak. I was just trying to make a joke

I finally got the chance to watch the movie, and I must say it was better than I expected. It made a lot more sense than the game, in terms of story. I really wish the game was not tied to this movie, because the story-telling in the game ruins it. Infact I have been recently struggling not to skip the cutscenes in the game, because I am only really playing it for the gameplay and graphics at this point.

The biggest issue I have with the movie (and the game) is Qwark. His character sucks! I really hate what they have done to him, and I will always remember Qwark for what he was in the original trilogy. And although my biggest problem was with Qwark, I have a problem with Ratchet as well. I do not like Ratchet at all, but I haven't liked him since ACiT, so I am not going to make a fuss about him. The only ones I liked were Nefarious and Clank… this is odd, because Clank is usually my least favourite character from the main cast that consists of Ratchet, Clank and Qwark.

Drek was pretty bad, but I was prepared for him to be bad, because they gave away that his character would be pretty bad from most of the trailers.

This saddens me, because when I originally played the trilogy on PS2 as a kid, I always wanted them to be made into a movie, because the characters and story were so good, and original. But now that there is a movie adaptation of the first game, they have screwed up my favourite things.

Also, about the end of the movie and game…

Nefarious falls to the planet's surface and gets turned into a robot in the movie, but in the game he is atomised in the laser beam. So I mean it's obvious there will be no movie sequel with Nefarious as the bad guy, because nobody liked the first movie at all. But does this mean that in the games Nefarious is dead? Because he is totally not a robot in the game. DAMN IT, they put the cliffhanger in the wrong product!!!