Sujet : Really Random thread

Just curious. Has anyone played Starlink? I'm just curious if it's worth the money to buy that game and Switch. I've just recently watched some parts of the gameplay as Fox McCloud and it looked fun. Oh, also it feels like I'm starting to like the Starfox series. I'd love to play some of the games but sadly they're Nintendo-exclusive.

By the way, Star Wolf's theme in Starfox Assault is now one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever.

Are you part of Starfox-Online?

Just curious. Has anyone played Starlink? I'm just curious if it's worth the money to buy that game and Switch. I've just recently watched some parts of the gameplay as Fox McCloud and it looked fun. Oh, also it feels like I'm starting to like the Starfox series. I'd love to play some of the games but sadly they're Nintendo-exclusive.

By the way, Star Wolf's theme in Starfox Assault is now one of my favorite video game soundtracks ever.

Oh, yes. Starlink looks amazing to me. I fell in love with the artstyle, reminds me of Knack. I think it's a cool game, and I would have bought it right now if I owned a Switch. 

Yes, I could buy it on PS4 but I want the StarFox versio per se. At some point I'm going to buy it whether I own a Switch or no. I want that Arwing and the Fox figure for my collection!

If you want it to play a StarFox game though... buy an actual StarFox game, is my advice. Imo they're still some of the best games ever made. 

And Assault's Star Wolf team *inhales. Assault has a masterful soundtrack. So does Adventures by the way. Oh, and Zero too. And Command. Oh, Command! If only they'd remaster that one into console sound quality!

Yeah, Assault has some wonderful soundtracks and the gameplay looks fun. The briefings at the beginning of the missions remind me of Ace Combat (well for that game they worked with Namco who also developed Ace Combat, so I guess that's why they had those briefings). But to be honest some of the voice acting in the games sounded meh.

"Who do you think I am?"

"Me? ME?!"

"Thanks for the friendly fire, Fox." (Oh seriously shut up Falco)

"UNCLE ANDROOOOOSSSS"

Oh, also this one's not necessarily meh but gave me a "I'm sorry, what?" moment:

"Daddy screamed REEEAAAL GOOD before he died!"

What is WRONG with you, Pigma?

Nope, I don't think I've heard of Starfox Online either. What's that?

It's this: https://www.starfox-online.net/forums/

It's a forum site made by Starfox fans. Anyone can join. I'm already part of the site.
I go by the username Fanfictiondreamer
Yeah, Assault has some wonderful soundtracks and the gameplay looks fun. The briefings at the beginning of the missions remind me of Ace Combat (well for that game they worked with Namco who also developed Ace Combat, so I guess that's why they had those briefings). But to be honest some of the voice acting in the games sounded meh.

"Who do you think I am?"

"Me? ME?!"

"Thanks for the friendly fire, Fox." (Oh seriously shut up Falco)

"UNCLE ANDROOOOOSSSS"

Oh, also this one's not necessarily meh but gave me a "I'm sorry, what?" moment:

"Daddy screamed REEEAAAL GOOD before he died!"

What is WRONG with you, Pigma?

Nope, I don't think I've heard of Starfox Online either. What's that?

Ah, but that's all Lylat Wars (aka StarFox 64). That's 1997! And back then having VO like that on a cardridge-based game was already amazing! And they actually touched up/modernized pieces of the script in the 3DS remake. Which, mind you, had most of the original '97 cast!

The best VO was likely Assault. They had a great cast for all the characters there. Jim Walker is still my favorite Fox. 

Actually Assault was developed BY the Ace Combat team specifically!

THE Ace Combat team? Wow, no wonder they had similarities. The only non-Ace Combat game I know to be developed by Project Aces (the name of the team behind Ace Combat since Ace Combat 4's development) is Sky Crawlers, which is very similar to Ace Combat, just with piston-engine planes instead of jets. No wonder Star Wolf's intro seemed great. They've done intros for enemy ace squadrons since Ace Combat 4. Also, that quote from Falco was actually from Star Fox Zero. And for Fox's voice, I guess I like both Mike West and Jim Walker.
THE Ace Combat team? Wow, no wonder they had similarities. The only non-Ace Combat game I know to be developed by Project Aces (the name of the team behind Ace Combat since Ace Combat 4's development) is Sky Crawlers, which is very similar to Ace Combat, just with piston-engine planes instead of jets. No wonder Star Wolf's intro seemed great. They've done intros for enemy ace squadrons since Ace Combat 4. Also, that quote from Falco was actually from Star Fox Zero. And for Fox's voice, I guess I like both Mike West and Jim Walker.

If I'm not mistaken the Ace Combat 2 team worked on it, with partners from Nintendo EAD likely. The OST, though, was Nintendo's work. Their ace composer, Konjie Kondo (Am I spelling that right?) did most of it. The Star Wolf theme is an amazing piece, my favorite. But the original from StarFox 2 was awesome too!

Mike West was great in Lylat Wars and it's remake on 3DS... but StarFox: Zero... It isn't so that he did a bad job, it's just that it piled up with everything else I though dissapointing about it. I feel like they shouldn't have given the game to Platinum Games. Luckily Command already gave the series a happy conclusion (the canon ending anyway). emoji

https://youtu.be/b_6OKG5DUDM

Someone in that video said that Nintendo should let Ubisoft develop the next Star Fox game. I don't know what you and others think of it, but from what I've seen so far Fox's gameplay looked good. But one thing I didn't like is that unlike in Star Fox games where Fox's wingmen will often fight alongside him, you'd have to "charge up" your ability to call in one of your wingmen, who'd leave the battle after a while.

I haven't looked at Starlink, since I want fresh eyes on the faraway day I own a Switch. But having to 'charge up' to get a teammate is likely reminiscent of Starlink's concept and not something they'd carry into a StarFox game, should they end up developing the next.

With StarFox: Zero though... it wasn't a bad game. Just not as good. It was exactly the concept of Lylat Wars which worked back then. StarFox has gone through many phases as a franchise and erasing every feature that was added along the way wasn't a good decision imo.  Add the forced motion controls (which has a workaround, to be fair), making a non-canon story (thus removing Krystal, General Peppy, Amanda Toad...), no modern cinematics at all, no option to make the voices originate from the TV instead of the gamepad?!  

Great music, cool character designs, cool gameplay idea's... If only they hadn't tried so hard to be Lylat Wars. Again. I saw some Starlink cutscenes and they've a wonderful script and animations ready for a StarFox game! And Nintendo, apparently, saw that too. So I've hope. emoji

Now I'm just hoping that a new Star Fox game would be multiplatform since I doubt I'd be getting a Switch or WiiU soon since my PS4's still working fine (also gotta save up. Some textbooks are just too dang expensive!). Also, speaking about Star Wolf's theme, the one in Zero sounded pretty good but I still prefer the one in Assault. I listened to it while playing some air battle matches in War Thunder and it felt perfect, especially when fighting against skilled opponents. Oh, and you should listen to Starlink's version of Boss Battle B. They did a great job in making that.

Also, Ace Combat 7's gonna be released on January 2019! Hope the release won't be delayed in my country.

Now I'm just hoping that a new Star Fox game would be multiplatform since I doubt I'd be getting a Switch or WiiU soon since my PS4's still working fine (also gotta save up. Some textbooks are just too dang expensive!). Also, speaking about Star Wolf's theme, the one in Zero sounded pretty good but I still prefer the one in Assault. I listened to it while playing some air battle matches in War Thunder and it felt perfect, especially when fighting against skilled opponents. Oh, and you should listen to Starlink's version of Boss Battle B. They did a great job in making that.

Also, Ace Combat 7's gonna be released on January 2019! Hope the release won't be delayed in my country.

Not happening, I can tell you that. I think Nintendo will go bankrupt before they'll follow SEGA to rival consoles. 
I just looked up the song and the intro is fan-friggin-tastic! It's a shame it gets a little, em, cheery afterward. The one from StarFox 64 3D is still my favorite. emoji

Aah, there it is. Hope you're gonna enjoy that one! I'm yet to pick up Assault Horizon some time.

Oh, Assault Horizon got some hate from the fans because of it being Call of Duty-ish and having Dogfight Mode (it's like when you're following an enemy plane, you press the assigned button and your plane would automatically follow it up close and you need to make some slight adjustments to make sure the enemy stays inside the targeting circle). While me, even though I played Zero and Skies of Deception which are a few years older than Assault Horizon, I personally enjoyed it. I was amazed by the graphics and it has a great custom paint feature because you can create your own paint combinations, unlike in the previous games where you can only choose unlocked paint schemes. Just give it a try!

About Ace Combat 7, oh I'm so looking forward to fly the Su-35!

Assault Horizon seemed the most story driven/cinematic to me, so it's been on my radar for a while. Don't know much about fightercraft, but the gameplay looks StarFox'ey. emoji
Ah, I guess you're gonna enjoy the gameplay, then. The F-16 in some of the early missions is (in my opinion) pretty easy to fly and quite friendly to newcomers. You might find the plane that suits you the best later on. Oh, by the way, you're not gonna just fly fighters. There are some helicopter missions and a bomber mission as well.

I've been thinking, should the next Star Fox games allow players to choose other ships to fly other than the Arwing? It's a good ship, but I thought some more selections or customization options could spice up the game.