Thread: Is the Taunter a Useless Weapon?

Deleted user

Do you think this weapon is extremely useless? Would you still purchase this weapon during the playthrough of Ratchet and Clank 1?

Discuss about your thoughts and opinions about the Taunter in this thread.

I really think it's pretty useless right now. At first I would purchase it for kicks, but since there are other weapons that are twice as awesome and are more expensive than the Taunter, I don't really even bother purchasing it anymore.

It can be really handy to use this weapon to distract enemies and accordingly break boxes very easily, but I still think that this is one of the most gimmick weapons I've ever seen in a Ratchet game.

It is completely useless….except for one thing, cheating to get infinite bolts.

If you enter the hover board race in blackwater city while wearing the hologuise, a glitch will make you be able to walk on the track, go halfway around the track till you get to the big jump and see the floating platform with a load of crates on top of it, stand below it and use the taunter, the boxes will keep breaking and instantly re-appear giving you infinite bolts, so find a way to hold down circle (I used an eraser and tape) and leave it on overnight to get a lot of bolts, I got 150,000 in five hours, it really came in handy to get the RYNO.

But be warned, this will only work once, once you've left the race those boxes will never appear on the track again, so be prepared.

It isn't too bad if you use it with the Mine Glove. As enemies get closer, you can use the Taunter to set the mines off earlier. You can also do this with some other weapons you can lay down.

Other than that, it really does have any use, but does come in handy once in awhile.

Gah, I found the taunter useless apart from Orxon when I could taunt those sleeping crab things from behind a forcefield, where they couldn't get me :P
That was fun!

I do think that this weapon is useless because all it does is distract enemies(which isn't very fun unless you want to die.)

But the only thing thats fun about it is using this weapon with the Mine Glove and listening to the noises underwater(due to a glitch.)

I only buy it because I want to waste my bolts sometime(or next time.)

Deleted user

Yeah I think it's very useless but I only got it to complete the game pretty much, and I never actually used it for that bolt cheat neither XD (I got lots of bolts from just replaying that Giant Clank arena part on Quartu, I got over 100,000 bolts in only an hour or two from what I remember)

I've gone through the game a few times now, and i've never bought it. Didn't really see the point in it. So yes, to the answer to the question of yes its a useless "weapon"

aside from breaking boxes and luring enemies into mines (or Ratchet) the weapon does nothing but make an awful noise. It certainly is useless; but I still purchase it out of habit.

Well, considering in my first play-through of the game (about 13 when it came out), I was an utter doofus and wasted all my bolts on things I didn't realize would be pointless, playing through a second time told me, "Don't buy the Taunter this time through…"
emoji

I don't even know why ive bought this. I never used it, except for unlimited bolts.

**Modefied by RevanAC**

[There is no need to curse so much, refrain from doing so in the future]

on orxan you can lour those crabs with it into a force feild.so it is important

on orxan you can lour those crabs with it into a force feild.so it is important emoji

i use it for: Luring enimies into forscefields (i remember doing so on at leat the blarg station & Orxon). And for the gold bolt on Veldin. & of course for the bolt glitch emoji BUT! The Hologuise doesnt work, so i found a second and more trusty way onto the track emoji (Decoy Glove + Heli-pack)

Gah, I found the taunter useless apart from Orxon when I could taunt those sleeping crab things from behind a forcefield, where they couldn't get me :P
That was fun!

LOL, I did that too! It was funny to watch the mutant crabs get hurt when they touched the forcefield like flies into a bug zapper! emoji

It's a completely useless weapon! A pointless weapon, except for the bolt glitch and luring monsters into forcefields