Thread: R&C Fan-Fiction Thread

When is the next Fallen Star chapter coming?

Deleted user

Funny you ask that, I just posted Chapter 26 yesterday emoji

But yeah I have been updating it slower than usual because my main PC is down. But I managed to get it on yesterday and update the website. But I'm definitely still writing more, but on my laptop emoji

A post I just noticed that was from…TWO MONTHS AGO XDDDDD Sorry, I just noticed it now.

I would rather talk about the good things though! Dont want to be reminded of that garbage on fanfiction.net. From now on I only spend my time reading good stories that are recommended from my friends, that's how I got to read TFS and LiR emoji also SweetT, have you considered making a website for your work like Tara has done? I like how Tara has set up the site with the character profiles and all that. Helps get me to know the characters better, and see what they look like too!

I did start doing something for it with someone who knows HTML as well as having his own hosting site, but it didn't go down well so sadly that's out of the picture.

I do want to, but with very little HTML skills and lack of a host (and they can be pricey too, and I'm poor), I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. Otherwise I would so be for it. Otherwise, as of now, it can only be read on FF.net (which I hate with a passion being it screws up your writing and it makes me go ffffff) and I'm slowly reposting the chapters on DeviantART.

Also, LiR update:

I'm working on Chapter 8 but slowly, but it's coming along well. I don't know when it will be finished being I still have a whole lot to write, but I'm hoping to get it done by the end of October or before Thanksgiving, but I can't promise, that's just my goal.

I'll keep you guys posted though.

Also, I do have some Oneshots planned as well, more so Request though that are overdue (one even being a Shounen-Ai (boy love) fic. Never wrote slash before, but being this couple grew on me and I already have a bit of an idea, I plan on writing that one first).

Deleted user

So you were planning on making a site? What a shame… it would have been nice to see one for your series emoji it's honestly not very hard to make a website if you have the right programs. Frontpage XP is dead easy to work with but Im not sure if it works with the latest Windows versions… but I also use Dreamweaver CS3, which is a lot more complicated but is far more advanced.
But my site is also on a paid server from my own money, and it can be a bit of work looking after it but it's definitely worth it if you can manage and afford it! But at least you can post yours to DA and FF.net (I dont like FF.net though, messes the text up, cant put any images on there, etc)

But yeah, it really has been a while since I've read a chapter from you XD I havent been writing for almost 2 weeks myself, as I have been busy with character design and art for the story… but I'm about 2/3 done with The Fallen Star. (28 chapters done)
But I cant wait to read a bit moar of you story anyways!

Now so sure if Frontpage even works beyond Windows XP, and I did use to have the program. Have no clue where it is now. Dreamweaver may be my best bet though. I'm sure I could find some tutorials online and I do know basic HTML skills, so it can't be too hard to do.

Though, my biggest problem would be getting a host and with no money, I need to find a free one that fits too my needs. If anyone knows of one, tell me.

And 2/3 done of FS. Heh, I still have a loooong way to go. Started the 2nd act at least, but still early in. Five acts in all but it'll be worth it once I get it done =3

Deleted user

Heh, you dont actually need to know much about HTML to make a site emoji even I didnt know much when I first made mine but it still looked like a decent site (I learned a lot over the years though, to improve my website) that's the good thing about HTML editors like Frontpage and Dreamweaver XD
There are some good free hosts online, I remember some friends using them but it was a while back and I never used any free sites myself… I remember some hosting site that ended with .tk (or something) for your website, but most free hosts have adverts…

And yeah, yours is set to be pretty darn long then XD I've only got 4 'phases' (sorted it into phases, because of the length and different phases Ace goes through in life) but I'm looking forward to more anyways!

I have nothing wrong with ads along it doesn't take away from the website. If you know the links, just hand them over =3

Deleted user

Sure thing, I'll ask my friends which hosts are good for that =D and post them up here for you. It would be really cool seeing character profiles and stuff from your fic XD

Oh, sweet. You can PM me those, no need to add them in this topic.

I know, I'm double posting BLAH!

Another LiR update, biggie too…

I remember people asking me in the past if I'm ever going to have a site for my fanfic, like what Tara Cross does with Falling Star. Well, if you read my older post which is on the same page, I said I was working with someone in the past to create one, but it didn't go down well.

I was also going Host Shopping with Tara helping me out a bit (being I know zip about all this web crap). I was trying to find a free hosting site that would fit my needs, but most out there gave enough space, but not enough bandwidth, or neither of both.

So, funny story here:

Tara, having unlimited space and bandwidth on her site, asked me if I would want a sub domain on there (and no, she isn't giving out free space to anyone, she asked me, not the other way around, otherwise I wouldn't take the offer).

So yes, Lost in Reality will soon get it's own site on Xtremeisland.com! When will it be online? Can't say being It's still in the early stages, but hopefully at the end of this year. If not then, sometime around early next year.

"But SweetT, what about the chapters on Fanfiction.net? Will they still be on there?" Yes, they will, at least for the time being. I don't plan on taking down my story on FF.net at all due to the popularly of it on there, even when the site is online. New chapters will still be on there too, but most likely a few days or a week after it ends up on the site.

Also, for the case of chapter eight: Pretty much almost to the half way point. Will most likely be ready by November, October if lucky.

Deleted user

WOW SweeeT! That's awsome! I can't wait to read more of your story! emoji

small LiR update:

The new Lost in Reality site will be up online soon, so to hold you guys over, here's a new twitter for the site:

http://twitter.com/Lost_in_Realty

This will be where all news comes for the story and site, so make sure to follow it for updates.

Deleted user

Cant wait to see your website when it's done, SweetT, heh emoji it's a pleasure to host it up for you! I'm sure it'll be a hit once it goes live too emoji

Anyways, I FINALLY finished more of The Fallen Star. Sorry for taking so long, but Chapter 29 and 30 are up now. And that's also Phase Three finished, which means I'm about 3/4 done with this story - with only Phase Four left to do emoji

Sigma,
I've read a Zonis tale it is my favourate by far!
BTW i've got a fic awaiting approval on the site read and review when it comes out its my first one!
(Be gentle)