Thread: Uncharted - Official Thread

I really loved Uncharted, do you guys like it? Post everything about Uncharted here!

At first I wanted to play the game because of Emily Rose (voice and mocap of Elena Fisher). But it turned out that the game itself was awesome as well. I already loved Tomb Raider, so it shouldn't have been surprising. So far Uncharted 2 is still my favorite. Uncharted 3 just barely doesn't make it because Elena has a very short role in it. And the game is at its best with her in it.emoji

Uncharted 4 better have the treasures divided by the chapters you find them in so you can keep track of them.

Actually… thats a really good idea.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune I played not long after having completed inFamous. all I could think about was how good inFamous was, and Uncharted just seemed like a more linear and boring version of it. But after some time it grew on me and I always had it at the back of my head, although I never felt compelled to actually buy the game or its sequels. However like with Resistance I can thank someone else for forcing it upon me in the form of a gift (although unlike with Resistance I was grateful with Uncharted)

Uncharted 2 was nice and all, but I found the locations to be less fun than the first. Yep the Jak and Daxter fear. You see the main reason I didn't want to get the second was because it's all set in urban areas at war, and what I liked about the first was it's environments. The nice jungle, the spooky caves, and the freaky german base! It was all so mystical, like Crash Bandicoot or Jak and Daxter. But like with those Jak games they turned towards a different sort of feel with the sequels. And while it was technology with Crash and a city with Jak, I could have seen what Uncharted 2 would be. But as unimpressed as I was with the settings and story with the second game, the graphics were better, and there was a really nice stealth mechanic. And I guess the secret underground world of Shambala, and the ice caves were pretty cool (although I was not a fan of the village and monastery levels).

Overall the second game fixes some things and looses others with me, so I'll give it the same score I did the first: 7.

As for Uncharted 3… I think it was better! The graphics were a step up that I could have never seen coming, because Uncharted 2 seemed to do it perfectly. The areas that you were cast into were WAY prettier, and the fighting just didn't seem as awful. It had an atmosphere to it that felt right, not like the gritty war-torn ugly bang-shot explosion sort of feel the second game seemed to have. I also found myself caring more about the characters. It made me realise how little they wanted you to care in the first 2 games. This time they were all over the story. I mean Uncharted 1: Sully is shot, just give me a minute to go over it, and mention it in a cutscene afterwards and we can continue with the shooting and jokes. Uncharted 3: Sully is kidnapped. There will be no rest until Drake finds them and saves Sully, no matter how many baddies he needs to cut down on his way!

Uncharted 3 only really fell behind with the Secrets and medals to me. No skins? No render modes? No gun unlocks? Nothing? Well now that sucks! But at least we got those epic moments of destruction that happen at the end of half the levels.

Anyway, I liked this game more. Its combat was far more fun, and the environments were just so much better than Uncharted 2.

It gets an 8. It's combat makes the first game look like Ratchet & Clank 1, and it's scenery detroys Uncharted 2, but the lack in bonuses deprive it of a .5…

I'm surprised you gave Uncharted 2 that criticism considering you're a massive MGS fan.

I can understand how that's surprising. But like Jak II and 3 (not I'm NOT talking difficulty for one) I love those games to bits, but they are a whole different thing from the first which was equally as good in completely different ways.

MGS is a game that's all about stealth, shooting and open approaches to things, as well as a very… different story narrative.

Uncharted 2 is a different game for different people. Its a game about shooting and exploration, that has stealth. The only problem is that I didn't really enjoy the shooting, and after Uncharted 1, I would have liked to see more temples, exploration and less shooting, seeing as how that was one of the weakest points of the game for me.

I think it also has a lot to do with the mood I am in. If I want to explore some temples, collect some treasure, witness some stunning action, and solve puzzles I'll play uncharted. If I have a lot of time on my hands and feel like I could get deep into some stealth or run-and gun (or a combination of the 2) gameplay I'll probably play MGS.

If I just want to go around shooting things like what Uncharted seems to want to do half of the time I'll usually lean towards a game like Resistcnae, Killzone, inFamous or even one of the more recent MGS games (MGS3 bordering on fun run-and-gun, everything after that is fine). Uncharted just wants to do the shooting half the time, and when it does it can be fairly difficult and is never as smooth as games that have a focus on it.

I love all of them for the same reason. Until Tomb Raider '13 they were the closest thing I had to a new Lara Croft adventure (and the fact that Emily Rose is the voice of Elena). Artifacs, jungles, tombs, climbing. What Uncharted add for though was the humor and 3rd person shooting (Although TR13 then crushed those by stealth 3rd person shooting and double serious plot, sorry guys)

Out of the 4 I played, I'm going with 2 as my favorite. The scenery might not be as amazing as U3, but the story and dialoge gave me the most fun. U3 missed out on giving more Elena, the first actual laugh I gave was when she made it on the screen.

Yay, more disagreement!

I honestly prefer the combat in Uncharted. While in TR I dread every shooting section, in Uncharted I put some holes in thousands of people while having a smile on my face.
The characters in TR are like a little bug compared to the Uncharted cast. I found more enjoyment out of the happy-go-lucky story Uncharted gave me more than the super serious story TR was trying to tell, 75% of my thoughts throughout my TR playthrough were: "This looks ike Uncharted, this plays like Uncharted, but this doesn't FEEL like Uncharted".
It also failed to give me the sense of adventure that I wanted. I had to be focused more on surviving rather than on enjoying the journey, which was a serious loss in my book.

Although you probably think I can't find my own ass with both hands and a map, eh Heather?

Of course not Darkstar, everyone likes something. Even though you can't see, I always smile while reading comments here, I like how pretty much everyone here loves R&C, but all in a different way.

As far as TR13 goes. Lara is (obvious) an awesome game character and I grew up with her. Pretty much the only character I need in a TR is Lara. When it comes to '13 the character were, well, for the sake of 'being there'. Nobody particularly memorable besides Lara and Roth.

In Uncharted Nate is a great character. Like I said before, I prefer a human female character of a male one. But Drake is just as fine! He and Sully are a great team, but still I lean more toward Elena as my favorite character. But yeah… I'm a sucker for Emily Rose.

User image

It's impressive how some opinions clash so much here, and it always seems to happen with 3rd person shooters.

Yes, I love Lara as a character, but everyone else is just bleh. Jonas doesn't do anything, Reyes seems like she was going to impact something but it led to nowhere, Whitman is just there, Sam is a typical damsel in distress, Alex had potential but ended up with very little screen time and Roth is killed off too early.

I also like Elena, but she seems to be pretty speratic with her character development, it's also never clear what happened between her and Drake before Unchared 3.
I wonder what her role will be in UC4 (if she appears at all).

You probably remember the rumble around 'look, she's still wearing it' and how it was usefull in that part of the world. I thought they were pointing at her watch and I thought Drake had probably given in to her. But when I got the guide I read that they were married and seperated. Erm.. okay? Could have been a little clearer.

Between Uncharted 2 and 3 Elena and Drake got married and then split up again at some point. Uncharted 3 starts off with Drake having gotten over it pretty fast (as he's the worlds biggest optimist). I can almost grantee they were not getting on so well because Elena decided to change her tone completely from the earlier games and decided adventuring sucks all of a sudden.

That's why he was so hesitant to ask her for help. And when he did it was kind of awkward but everyone was happy to see one another. And by 'still wearing it' Drake was referring to her wedding ring. And when she said he was wearing his he thought for a second she was talking about his wedding ring, but no she was talking about his Drake ring. Something more important to him…

And at the end Sully reveals that all along he had kept Nate's WEDDING ring, and gives it back to Nate. Nate pops it on and walks up to Elena who is all like 'Yay he lost his 'adventuring ring' and popped his wedding ring back on.

I don't mind Elena, she adds another level to the plot, but I do think she is just a secondary character behind Drake.

Now I read it again it reminds me that Uncharted 3 ended with closure. Makes me wonder if Uncharted 4 will indeed star Drake & co.

Now I read it again it reminds me that Uncharted 3 ended with closure. Makes me wonder if Uncharted 4 will indeed star Drake & co.

Uncharted 3 ended with the beginning of Uncharted 1, I was seriously convinced they were done.