Thread: Star Fox styled R&C Spin Off?

I realize that it's probably a stupid idea, but what would you guys think of a Starfox styled R&C game?
It just came to my head all of a sudden, don't judge me

Don't know… Never played StarFox emoji

Pretty much a game consisted of only the ToD space missions.

R&C space shooter… Nah, not with Ratchet & Clank at least. Man, I wonder if IG will ever make a new platformer franchise…

R&C space shooter… Nah, not with Ratchet & Clank at least. Man, I wonder if IG will ever make a new platformer franchise…

Doubt it, when was the last time you saw a new IP focused on platforming?

Knack was based on platformers… I guess last new platforming IP was LBP then.

Knack was based on platformers… I guess last new platforming IP was LBP then.

Poor thing it was presented as a game for children.

As an on-rail shooter I think it would fit R&C fairly well. That is when they pretty much copy the controls from SF64, ToD was kinda confusing. Or because I'm used to the StarFox-way.

Knack was a Crash Bandicoot meets God of War thing. I could list a few reasons why it was weakened by these choices… so I will

Cash Bandicoots linear gameplay worked back them, but games growing outwards and having larger and larger worlds has led people to keep adapting to these games. It only worked back them because it wasn't really that bad, it was GOOD. The graphics were excellent, the gameplay was solid, and the 3D platforming totally worked at the different perspectives. But all of this has faded. We're not going to get a traditional Crash game, because no one would like it, just ask Knack. Although most of the platforming was replaced with GOW styled combat.

All I can say about God of War is it is super fun, and swinging those chain things and ripping apart enemies is super fun, but Knack doesn't 'look' anywhere near as cool.

But don't get me wrong, I'll play Knack when/if I get a PS4 for sure!

On-topic: Satfox, I saw that on YouTube, it had bad graphics (Don't shoot me… it won't get you far). Maybe it would work for Ratchet & Clank, ToD space sections had incredible graphics, and seeing that today would explode my eyes. And some upgrade systems and maybe even moons would be nice… OH OH OH, and some PLANETS and platforming! Wait a second…

Yea I think they sound expand on the space segments from Tools of Destruction, but not focus on them. Ratchet & Clank have had enough spin-offs.

Remember that StarFox 64 (which you probably saw) released in 1997.

Yea I figured as much. Of course I understand that the games would have gotten more polygons and better graphics over time.