Thread: Video Game Music Thread

Hey look, it's Darkstar and his original threads again.
This is just a thread to discuss about video game music. What you think of it, is there a track you'd like to give atention to, so on and so forth…
So now it's time to bet for how long this thread will be relevant. 30 minutes is my guess.

Lets give it a good 30 minutes then.

For me there are various types of VGM. Nostalgic, memorable and simply beautiful. While most of my friends listen to the new John Legend I much prefer a nice soundtrack for its those that tell the real story. A few of my favorite complete scores are:

StarFox Adventures
StarFox Assault
Mass Effect trilogy
Final Fantasy XIII
Super Mario Galaxy
Sonic Unleashed

SFAd is probably my favorite score ever. The music totally sets the mood for the game.
SFAs has remastered orchestrated music from the original Lylat Wars, the perfect playground for an emotional suite.
Massy changes with the music as one being. Victory, hope, loss, regret. Themes that come back all the time.
FFXIII is very memorable for me because that game had been quite the journey for me. With Lightning Returns its all coming back.

''Oh my gawd, is that The Promise?'' *cries

One track that can't listen to very often is My Hands. Instand tears with that on.

Super Mario Galaxy was my last favorite Nintendo game. The music was unique in a Mario game. I love bombastic music!

Sonic Unleashed is probably my favorite Sonic score. Fast pased music with very nice techno and classic twists to it.

Agree with pretty much everything. Even though I don't like XIII, it's got a gorgeous soundtrack. Not something I give a listen very often, but still very good.

Mario Galaxy's soundtrack is so good (egg galaxy, give that a listen).

And Sonic Unleashed is my third favourite Sonic soundtrack, Adventure's second and JPCD is first.

Too bad that XIII-2 had only one track from the XIII composer. The rest of the music was very 'meh'. Lightning Returns is back to back luckely. Although today I heard my least favorite VGM ever as a battle theme in the Dead Dunes…

Another VGM thread? Really? emoji

We have a collection of 'the best' and 'the worst'. This is both. emoji