Thread: Pretty Random Movie Thread

I love how there is not a single list of the Dutch voice cast to be found. Dutch websites just list the original cast. emoji

The translation of

RYNO

was toe crinching btw. I almost screamed in agony.

NEW SPOT OF GRAMERCY FULL OF SHEEPS emoji

Arg, sweet! Can't wait to see the English version. I'm more excited for this than ever!

Just read the Hero Time book. This movie will defintely be jaw dropping! It's quite amazing how a dub can ruin the entire thing, actually.

i just hope this movie does well in america because judging by the french reviews i have seen it seems pretty mixed,whcih scares me alittle

Deleted user
i just hope this movie does well in america because judging by the french reviews i have seen it seems pretty mixed,whcih scares me alittle

The French are always severe emoji

The French are always severe emoji

so your saying that the some the people who saw this movie today were a little to harsh

So far, I've heard complaints about all of the non-English dubs - Heather was saying the Dutch dub isn't very good, and I've seen people on Twitter saying the French dub was pretty awful too, so hopefully the issues people are having with the film are just the non-English language versions. Even if the film does do badly in all regions, I'm sure the game will live up to expectations and that the series will still continue in videogame form… emoji

So far, I've heard complaints about all of the non-English dubs - Heather was saying the Dutch dub isn't very good, and I've seen people on Twitter saying the French dub was pretty awful too, so hopefully the issues people are having with the film are just the non-English language versions. Even if the film does do badly in all regions, I'm sure the game will live up to expectations and that the series will still continue in videogame form… emoji

your probably right about the dub part, but im hopping the movie could start trilogy of films

Deleted user

So far, I've heard complaints about all of the non-English dubs - Heather was saying the Dutch dub isn't very good, and I've seen people on Twitter saying the French dub was pretty awful too

Well, you're right, the old French fans said that the french dub was horrible because of the cast (Known Youtubers, and not the good actors like Cyrille Artaux and Martial Le Minoux). But for me, the Quebecer dub is fantastic emoji

So far, I've heard complaints about all of the non-English dubs - Heather was saying the Dutch dub isn't very good, and I've seen people on Twitter saying the French dub was pretty awful too

Well, you're right, the old French fans said that the french dub was horrible because of the cast (Known Youtubers, and not the good actors like Cyrille Artaux and Martial Le Minoux). But for me, the Quebecer dub is fantastic emoji

so the movie is not bad just the dub for it, that probaly explain some of the negitive reviews for the movie

Just saw the movie!

The good/awesome news is that my friend managed to win tickets for todays R&C premiere event (the movie is due wednesday next week). So we were some of the first Dutchmen to formally watch it! We also got to play the final version game an hour before the actual movie!

The bad news is, however, that we had to watch the Dutch dub. This is something you can only understand as a Dutchman, I think. But Dutch dubs are horrific. It's the language' fault. It's hard on the ears and never seems to sound right. Plus the fact that the voices I'm used to have been replaced.
When my friend said he'd won tickets I immediatly asked which version he got them for. But he didn't know and PlayStation NL didn't seem to know for sure either. But when we arrived at the cinema it clearly said that it was the dubbed version on the door. So… sh–.

I can't give my final opinion on this yet. The Dutch dub is hard to ignore and I spend most of the movie translating the sentences back in my head (I do that. I can't help it) which resulted in some awkwardly late laughs here and there.

The movie is absolutely gorgeous(!), filled with wickedly cool refrences (PSX intro!) and a story that fits the universe very well. I think that the characters are really cool too. Cora and Elaris definitely earned their place (But it was annoying that both characters were voiced by, what almost sounded like, the same Belgian?). Anywaaaay. I think this will be one of my favorite movies of all time. It's just… I didn't count on the Dutch dub. So me and my friend are going again next week. Sweet sweet English version. I view todays experience as 'just a preview'. ^^

Can't agree with you more. Saw a Dutch version of the trailer, and… well… horrible. They didn't even bother to get the translation right:
"Oh, that was terrible" has been translated to "Ooh, dat lucht op" which is NOT right. Come on, people! And in my opinion, they should've stayed with the cast from the games, those voice actors were just fine.

As you can imagine, I'm going to the original, English version. It may not be in 3D like the Dutch version, but I honestly couldn't care less.

Just saw the movie!

The good/awesome news is that my friend managed to win tickets for todays R&C premiere event (the movie is due wednesday next week). So we were some of the first Dutchmen to formally watch it! We also got to play the final version game an hour before the actual movie!

The bad news is, however, that we had to watch the Dutch dub. This is something you can only understand as a Dutchman, I think. But Dutch dubs are horrific. It's the language' fault. It's hard on the ears and never seems to sound right. Plus the fact that the voices I'm used to have been replaced.
When my friend said he'd won tickets I immediatly asked which version he got them for. But he didn't know and PlayStation NL didn't seem to know for sure either. But when we arrived at the cinema it clearly said that it was the dubbed version on the door. So… sh–.

I can't give my final opinion on this yet. The Dutch dub is hard to ignore and I spend most of the movie translating the sentences back in my head (I do that. I can't help it) which resulted in some awkwardly late laughs here and there.

The movie is absolutely gorgeous(!), filled with wickedly cool refrences (PSX intro!) and a story that fits the universe very well. I think that the characters are really cool too. Cora and Elaris definitely earned their place (But it was annoying that both characters were voiced by, what almost sounded like, the same Belgian?). Anywaaaay. I think this will be one of my favorite movies of all time. It's just… I didn't count on the Dutch dub. So me and my friend are going again next week. Sweet sweet English version. I view todays experience as 'just a preview'. ^^

Can't agree with you more. Saw a Dutch version of the trailer, and… well… horrible. They didn't even bother to get the translation right:
"Oh, that was terrible" has been translated to "Ooh, dat lucht op" which is NOT right. Come on, people! And in my opinion, they should've stayed with the cast from the games, those voice actors were just fine.

As you can imagine, I'm going to the original, English version. It may not be in 3D like the Dutch version, but I honestly couldn't care less.

thanks guys you made feel alot better

Holy sh!t, enough with the fnck!ug sheep already. So many Sheepinator ads. Novel readers, do sheep even show up that much???

Deleted user
so the movie is not bad just the dub for it, that probaly explain some of the negitive reviews for the movie

Maybe emoji But the Box office is really bad for the movie, so you, The Americans, must save Ratchet and Clank emoji

Maybe emoji But the Box office is really bad for the movie, so you, The Americans, must save Ratchet and Clank emoji

while its doing not so good in france thats likely because of the dub, but probably in the movie's original english format it can have a chance to do well , i hopeemoji