Thread: Jak and Daxter - Official Thread

So it WAS supposed to be a PSP game. I thought ND was developing it for the PS2… Thanks for sharing this article, I only stumbled upon the videos, so it's nice to know the whole story. Sigh, with ND as the developer it could've actually been one of the, if not the best game on the system…

I think that also explains why is the beggining of the game so much better than the rest of it…

It also explains why some cutscenes have much better writing and animation than others...
And why you suddenly start fighting Aeropans right after rescuing Keira without any context.
Seems like HIG tried to piece together what ND had when they cancelled the game while adding as little as possible, either that or they didn't know what ND's plan for the game was, so they had to figure it out through what was already there.

Really?! That's actually pretty funny, especially that quote considering how the game was received.

On another note, Jak did have a voice in the first game (mostly consisting of grunts), however he wasn't voiced by Mike Erwin, he was voiced by Aaron Lohr, who you may know from various film adaptations of Disney Afternoon shows.

I won't recognize any English voice actor from the old Disney movies considering I watched them all dubbed emoji

Apparently Jak 4 is coming and it will become a cross-over game with a, yet to be announced, other IP. Crash or Ratchet anyone?

Link

User image

I think my copy of Jak 3 wanted to celebrate April Fools as well…

User image