Sujet : What Video Game Are You Playing right Now?

Right NOW? Right now? Well, right now I'm WATCHING a friend play FFXIII. But I was playing All 4 One earlier.

Playing through Yu-Gi-Oh: Nightmare Troubadour

Membre supprimé

I've been trying out a piece of every game that I've purchased for the last few months.

Right now, I'm trying to finish off Final Fantasy 9. I'm quite surprised that I'm playing an FF game that is pretty enjoyable. emoji

Actually, i am more playing Little big planet 2 then Ratchet and Clank… im sorry master, i have dissapointed you emoji haha

Looks like im tired of playing ToD over and Over again, or QFB. I dont really like ACIT, because the Game just doesnt really feel like Ratchet and Clank to me, there is just something missing (Not just the Wall jump) And i cant play The ones for PS2, cause i dont own one anymore emoji

So looks like ill wait for the HD Collection emoji

Actually, i am more playing Little big planet 2 then Ratchet and Clank… im sorry master, i have dissapointed you emoji haha

Looks like im tired of playing ToD over and Over again, or QFB. I dont really like ACIT, because the Game just doesnt really feel like Ratchet and Clank to me, there is just something missing (Not just the Wall jump) And i cant play The ones for PS2, cause i dont own one anymore emoji

So looks like ill wait for the HD Collection emoji

sad uve lost faith u need to be guided back to the
light but little big planet is pretty good

I just finished playing The Walking Dead Episode 1… really cool. I´m now playing inFamous 2 and Assassin´s Creed Revelations Multiplayer

I dont really like ACIT, because the Game just doesnt really feel like Ratchet and Clank to me, there is just something missing (Not just the Wall jump)

Swimming

I remembered that I'd gotten "inFamous" for free after the PSN had been hacked and Sony gave everyone a choice of five games that they could have two of for free, and I realised that I'd never actually played "inFamous". So I gave it a try, and it exceeded my expectations by far!
And taking into account how good the Sly series also was, (I'll probably get a lot of hate for saying this) but I think Sucker Punch are actually a better developer that Insomniac and Naughty Dog put together.
I'll explain why:
Insomniac Games used to be good, back in the days of the PS2, but since the PS3 was released, their games have been of a gradually declining quality, which is a shame.
Naughty Dog have always been unstable in their game quality, "Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy" was an okay game, but fitted in with a highly generic style. At the time, A LOT of games were, find several x to proceed to the next HUB area, then find more of x to proceed further. Jak 2 made some improvements, the game was slightly more story driven and had unique missions, but it could also be quite glitchy and had an absurd difficulty curve. Jak 3 was even more glitchy, especially in the desert driving sequences. Uncharted was alright, but Uncharted's 2 & 3 didn't really make enough of a change to offer any new gaming experience.
But for Sucker Punch, their games are always fun. The Sly series had loveable characters, a nice artstyle, engaging storylines and really fun gameplay, inFamous isn't so child-friendly, but again, the storyline is exciting and the gamplay is extremely fun.
To be honest, the only game developer that I think is better than Sucker Punch right now, is VALVe…

But I seem to have drifted off-topic. emoji The game I've been playing recently is "inFamous"

yea, inFamous wasn't hyped up enough was it… was it? I don't remember?

It's okay if you think Sucker Punch did better than Uncharted and Insomniac. I had thoughts close to yours when I started up inFamous for the first time… but after a while the games all drifted to the same level, and I see Ratchet, Jak, Uncharted, and inFamous at the same level ATM…

If you knew anything about me you would know it is weird for me to put Uncharted at a high level. But I have been playing that a lot lately (to get me into a cinematic mood… for LBP) and It has grown on me. Though Uncharted 3 is a REAL big let down. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FLIPPIN' TREASURES AND CHEATS!! (but only in that sense)

How could Naughty Dog take that out? It's like Insomniac taking Skill points and cheats out of R&C:ACiT!

yea, inFamous wasn't hyped up enough was it… was it? I don't remember?

It's okay if you think Sucker Punch did better than Uncharted and Insomniac. I had thoughts close to yours when I started up inFamous for the first time… but after a while the games all drifted to the same level, and I see Ratchet, Jak, Uncharted, and inFamous at the same level ATM…

If you knew anything about me you would know it is weird for me to put Uncharted at a high level. But I have been playing that a lot lately (to get me into a cinematic mood… for LBP) and It has grown on me. Though Uncharted 3 is a REAL big let down. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FLIPPIN' TREASURES AND CHEATS!! (but only in that sense)

How could Naughty Dog take that out? It's like Insomniac taking Skill points and cheats out of R&C:ACiT!

Well, I only played up to chapter 7 in Uncharted 3, partly because I rented it, but mostly because I wasn't enjoying it as much as the previous two, I think there were still treasures, but the cheats seemed to have been replaced by spiders, and a lot of them.
I swear Naughty Dog have an obsession with spiders, they were in all three of the original Jak games, and then there's about fifty morethaanicaretocountillion of them in Uncharted 3. I normally suffer from arachnophobia, but they didn't bother me too much during the game, but the following night, I did have a nightmare in which I was surrounded by infinity+1 spiders, which is probably why I stopped playing U3.

But the storylines for the Uncharted games always seem to be the same;

Nate meets girl, Nate learns of treasure, Nate searches for treasure, Nate discovers Nazis had been searching for same treasure, Treasure turns out to be cursed, Nate rescues girl

and I find it annoying that ND don't really bother to keep thinking up new plots, as the Jak games always had a lot of variety in storyline.

But I realised a few minutes ago how Sucker Punch manage to make games more fun.
Cutscenes.
The Ratchet series (especially ACiT and A4O) have really good looking, 60fps cutscenes, and Uncharted uses motion capture and photorealistic graphics, whereas both Sly and inFamous have simplistic comicbook-style cutscenes with no more than a narration. This saves the developers both time and money for making the actual gameplay as fun as possible, which, going back to the comparason I made previously, is similar to how VALVe operates, except that VALVe tend to have no cutscenes at all, meaning their games are entirely gameplay.

But I agree that U3 was a dissapointment in comparason to the first two in the series, it seems almost like ND aren't even trying anymore. emoji

Membre supprimé

Many developers work on their games with on the latest technology to make the games look outstanding with highly presentable visuals and sounds. That is fine in my opinion only if the developers can also make the gameplay worth the dough for the consumers.

I have no problem if someone likes one developer over another just because everyone has their own taste in playing certain titles. Sucker Punch loves to think less is more when it comes to developing their titles and you can definitely see it in their games such as Sly Cooper and Infamous. They use visuals with lesser detail and make them a bit more stylized (probably not with Infamous, but definitely with the Sly series) .

The good thing about Insomniac Games is that even if they still develop new game franchises for their company, they still make games for their older series. Ratchet and Clank is one good example that they haven't let go and still develop games for that certain series for the PS3 i.e. Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time. So I still have a bit of hope for IG, though I do agree the quality of their later games haven't been that superior in gameplay compared to their games before the PS3 launch.

Naughty Dog may have wonderful presentations for their games, but I seem to have a mixed bag with
their games at times. They bring an idea, make a trilogy (and possibly some spin-offs) and ditch the old franchise with a new game idea. It was understandable with Crash Bandicoot because the franchise was owned by Universal, but so far ND did this with the Jak series and possibly with the Uncharted franchise and now they are going to develop their latest one. Though I do believe ND does this because they don't want to want a sequel that isn't necessary which will make some gamers easily fed up with a franchise, i.e. Halo 4.

I do like the Jak series for its originality concept and the old ND charm that they had with the Crash series. I don't mind Uncharted, but it's definitely a video game version of Indiana Jones. I can't really say anything about Uncharted 3 since I haven't played it yet, but I do think the first two are worthy to play, especially Uncharted 2.

You can also say this to developers that have been around for many years and they somehow go low with their quality of games or completely rock bottom with their franchises. Rare and Square-Enix are two big examples of this.

When Rareware was with Nintendo from the 90's to early 2000's, they were making really superior games, until they were bought from Microsoft and are making casual games for the Kinect.

Square-Enix used to be called Squaresoft and their games (especially the Final Fantasy games) huge successes, which grew a wider fan-base from these developers. However, when Square decided to change their name to Square-Enix, their games weren't as the same as their older titles, losing that charming touch that they had with their older games.

A long explanation for a comment that is a bit out of topic, but I thought I would like to share in this kind of discussion.

I remembered that I'd gotten "inFamous" for free after the PSN had been hacked and Sony gave everyone a choice of five games that they could have two of for free, and I realised that I'd never actually played "inFamous". So I gave it a try, and it exceeded my expectations by far!
And taking into account how good the Sly series also was, (I'll probably get a lot of hate for saying this) but I think Sucker Punch are actually a better developer that Insomniac and Naughty Dog put together.
I'll explain why:
Insomniac Games used to be good, back in the days of the PS2, but since the PS3 was released, their games have been of a gradually declining quality, which is a shame.
Naughty Dog have always been unstable in their game quality, "Jak and Daxter The Precursor Legacy" was an okay game, but fitted in with a highly generic style. At the time, A LOT of games were, find several x to proceed to the next HUB area, then find more of x to proceed further. Jak 2 made some improvements, the game was slightly more story driven and had unique missions, but it could also be quite glitchy and had an absurd difficulty curve. Jak 3 was even more glitchy, especially in the desert driving sequences. Uncharted was alright, but Uncharted's 2 & 3 didn't really make enough of a change to offer any new gaming experience.
But for Sucker Punch, their games are always fun. The Sly series had loveable characters, a nice artstyle, engaging storylines and really fun gameplay, inFamous isn't so child-friendly, but again, the storyline is exciting and the gamplay is extremely fun.
To be honest, the only game developer that I think is better than Sucker Punch right now, is VALVe…

But I seem to have drifted off-topic. emoji The game I've been playing recently is "inFamous"

Me too!

I meant that there were no cheats and medals. Of course there are Treasures (but I liked medals and cheats more than Treasures… okay I think that's a lie…emoji

If you play on in Uncharted 3 it does get better, the story is something different, I don't want to ruin it for anybody but lets just say the game left more of an impression on me than any of ND's other PS3 games.

The thing I admire about Naughty Dog is their very very high standards. They don't release fail games (their lowest was Jak X… and that still did well)
Think about it, Crash was big. REALLY big (have you ever found a gamer that hasn't heard of Crash? I wouldn't like to think so) and Jak (to me) was just… incredible. Then there is Uncharted which has done pretty darn well. Though I think they are afraid to ruin their mascot's names by dragging their games out to far, I can respect that, but it's kind of annoying to know if they make another great game series (odds are they will) we will only get a couple of games. Which is why I like Insomniac's style with Ratchet & Clank, they know how to keep a series running all right!

right now I am playing Killzone Liberations, it's quite funny how I got this game. I had been getting into Killzone (2 and 3, never played 1) and so today while I was playing Crash 3 at school some guy showed me his PSP, and I spotted the game sitting in his machine; Killzone Liberations. So I demanded that I play the game in exchange for any one of the games I had on me. So I temporarily traded him Size Matters for KZ. This game is okay. Glitch free (judging on KZ1's reviews I wasn't sure if I wanted to follow the games backwards) however it is insanely difficult, which is a big negative.