Sujet : PS MOVE

What? there's not already a thread about PSmove?

I've just seen a demo of a PSmove in action, and it's fantastic!
I can't find any proper demos right now, so I'll give you this link:

YouTube video

Just watch EPISODE 86 (Eighty Six) of LittleBigPodcast for some incredible demonstrations of what Move is capable of!!!

Membre supprimé

I don't really like the fact that Sony and even Microsoft are copying the Wii hand motion motives that would make you get your buns out of the couch you're sitting on and play while you're standing up.

Sure, I cannot judge a book by it's cover and that I can understand, but with Sony's PS Move and Microsoft's Kinetic coming out, it doesn't make both companies that original in ideas.

Sony isn't really that great in pricing a new console at it's first debut. 400 dollars!?! Yeah… I would rather buy a Wii or stick with my PS3 than getting the Move. Sorry, but that is my opinion about PS Move for now.

I do believe it could get better, but that could take years for that to happen.

Agree with Tipsy.

To me, I think both Sony and MS are in deep trouble. I heard at PAX this year that NO ONE cared for either the PS Move and whatever the 360 thing is called (too lazy to look it up). Not that they were bad by any chance, people just didn't care about them. Also, why buy the extra hardware to play motion games when we already have something else like that, but already with the system. I don't know, I think it was called the Wii!

But the big factor: Little too late to the party guys. The whole Motion Control craze is pretty much dead, even Nintendo knows this. Yes, they still have the Wii Remote used with games like Wii Sports and FPS, but a lot now and are coming out later this year and the next aren't just using the remote as a 'wand', they work like a video game controller by turning sideways, but are still taking advantage of the Wii Remote by adding small, but creative gameplay mechanics. Epic Mickey (which I can't wait for) with it's paint brush is a great title for what I'm talking about. Most of the games on the Wii are that (or 3D 2D platformers).

Sony and MS seem like they are just trying to get the casual crowded in, but I don't think buying extra hardware with the only pricey systems is a good move at all. It's just not a good business move and are going to lose lots of money on both of these. And being they are just a little too late, I don't think it'll go down well.

Membre supprimé

Well said SweetT.

If both Sony and Microsoft want to get casual with the gaming industry, why not make many more exclusive games that aren't only hardcore First Person Shooters?

Microsoft has the company Rare on their side. Ask them to make a Banjo-Threeie (Nuts and Bolts does not count as a Banjo sequel), A Sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day (even if that game isn't for everyone), or perhaps a new idea. We cannot always rely on Halo or Gears of War for X-Box consumers.

Sony doesn't have this problem too much, except it would be nice to bring more of the platforming icons like in the PS2 days. Other than just Ratchet and Clank and Little Big Planet, why not bring out a Jak 4? a Sly 4? or something completely new. Gritty games are fine, but do we really need that many?

That's why I would just go for a Wii if I want to play games like these. They were the ones that first started the wand motion remote in gaming and were never highly expensive at it's first debut.

Also, if the PS Move is going to be 400 dollars, imagine how much Microsoft's Kinetic will be? emoji

400 dollars!!! Sony is screwed for sure, you would think they've learned from the PS3 launch. Even the Kinect isn't that badly priced (it's $150, which isn't bad but I heard it isn't worth it).

EDIT: Ok, my bad, it's 400 dollars if you get it with the PS3 as a bundle. On it's own it's $100, which isn't that bad. Still, I can care less.

Membre supprimé

Ok I'm not going to start hating like most other people but…

yeah… the PSMove doesn't really interest me too much anyways, neither does Kinetic and dare I say it - the Wii mote. I never really was interested in the Wii neither (I prefer normal controller games I suppose, lol) BUT I dont think the PSmove sucks or any of the other motion based thingies, since I don't even know how good or bad it is. It just doesnt interest me much, that's all.

But $100 isnt too bad I guess, but that would be twice as much in NZ currency of course, more than a new PS2 console! lol.

That's OK to all of you, you're all entitled to your own opinions; I didn't care for it either until I saw LittleBigPodcast demo-ing it!

I mean come on, admit it, interested or not, the Move is much more advanced than Wii technology.

and as for the XBox "kinetic" I've never actually heard of.
emoji

Membre supprimé

Yeah I did hear that it's apparently more accurate than the Wiimote, and I think my BF is going to get the PSMove eventually, since him and his family are into the whole motion control thing emoji I probably wont mind just trying it out, but yeah… most likely wont end up owning it myself though. I dont even play too much video games these days anyways.

I have a PSMove, I got it on launch day. I got the Move version of Resident Evil 5 and my friend got start the party.
If there was ever a controller to make you care about motion controls then the PSMove is the one.

Aiming and using the knife in RE5 is so much better with the move than a standard controller, and Start the Party which also uses 3D motion as well as standard 2D make it incredibly responsive and fluent. Loads of games are coming out for the Move that make good use of it.

An FPS using the Move would be brilliant, same with a rail shooter.

It is definitely a thousand times better than the Wii, and the Kinnect thing from Microsoft is just a joke. It costs more than the actual console!

I definitely know I've jumped on the Move wagon early, since I have a grand total of one compatible game, but even so things are looking up for it. I'm happy I got mine emoji

Membre supprimé

400 dollars!!! Sony is screwed for sure, you would think they've learned from the PS3 launch. Even the Kinect isn't that badly priced (it's $150, which isn't bad but I heard it isn't worth it).

EDIT: Ok, my bad, it's 400 dollars if you get it with the PS3 as a bundle. On it's own it's $100, which isn't that bad. Still, I can care less.

Looks like I misunderstood the price too. I spotted 400 dollars on one of the store catalogs so I thought that was the actual price of the Move. Note to self, read things carefully. emoji

I heard in reviews that the PS Move controls is more solid than the Wii controls. But other than that, everyone seems to criticize the wand motion gimmick. Plus the launch titles for the Move aren't at a superb start.

I wouldn't mind trying the Move, but I just wouldn't want one in my home.

Membre supprimé
I have a PSMove, I got it on launch day. I got the Move version of Resident Evil 5 and my friend got start the party.
If there was ever a controller to make you care about motion controls then the PSMove is the one.

Aiming and using the knife in RE5 is so much better with the move than a standard controller, and Start the Party which also uses 3D motion as well as standard 2D make it incredibly responsive and fluent. Loads of games are coming out for the Move that make good use of it.

An FPS using the Move would be brilliant, same with a rail shooter.

It is definitely a thousand times better than the Wii, and the Kinnect thing from Microsoft is just a joke. It costs more than the actual console!

I definitely know I've jumped on the Move wagon early, since I have a grand total of one compatible game, but even so things are looking up for it. I'm happy I got mine emoji

Well that's pretty good to hear then, I wont be getting it myself (well not anytime soon, lol) but my BF is later on heh. I know that some have been critizing some of the games mostly (that use it), but I wont be able to judge the move properly until I've seen more titles with its controls and maybe tried it for myself…