Sujet : Ace Hardlight: False Death?

I was going to post this in the Deadlocked discussion, but since I am referencing other games, I decided not to.

Well something just occurred to me as I was playing the R&C:Future games.

There are alot of mentions of Ace at Zordoom and still alive. I personally thought he died in Deadlocked. I have been thinking he did die in Deadlocked and it's just another plothole Insomniac made like the whole "Angela Cross=Lombax" thing, but im not really sure. If there is something im missing please enlighten me.
Membre supprimé

Yeap, he did survive. Was even confirmed by Insomniac themselves long ago, when people were going on about it after ToD came out emoji (because some fans thought they only added that prison mention for kicks).

And well, after his defeat, it didn't look like he was dieing anyways (to me, at least XD) all he did was cough a bit while laying there, and say things. I'm guessing Gleeman Vox lied about the death so that he could 'try' and sell all those Hardlight products, after Ratchet refused to be the next Captain of the Exterminators (Because often when a celebrity dies, their merchandise tends to sell well). Makes sense for Vox news too since they lie about a lot of things emoji but Juanita and Dallas think he actually died though, lol.

And during Crack in Time, he was released from prison as well. Kinda interesting that Insomniac decided to keep him alive after Deadlocked too… even though at the time, a lot of people disliked him. But I'm glad they didn't kill him off 8P they must have 'plans' for him, or they just did it for their own amusement, heh.

I was surprised when I found out he was still alive too! But it is very obvious he didn't die, unlike the other exterminators lol!

Would be cool to see him return as an ally emoji

Membre supprimé

I wasn't too shocked about Ace still being alive after Deadlocked like most of you were, but I think I'm just saying that because I ain't a huge Ace fan. Although, it sure was interesting to hear that he is still out there.

And like Tara mentioned before, I think Vox was just setting up the false death for more purchase on the Ace products. The way Vox presented his speech did felt a little forced and set up rather than believable, which overall wasn't true, but made other characters like Juanita and Dallas to believe he was dead.

It would be interesting what Ace has in store for the Future. He had a few cameos in the Future Saga, wondering what he's doing now since he's out of prison. Perhaps being Ratchet's ally might bring a positive role model to R&C fans out there. emoji

Me? I simply wondered why on earth Insomniac decided to bring him back, because back then, so many fans disliked him and nobody even drew fanart of him. (Im talking about way back before TC even came along with her great fanfiction of him, lol)

But now that he is out of prison, anything could happen. He could still be a douche and want revenge on Ratchet (hopefully not…emoji or maybe even come somewhere into the story to help Ratchet out as a way to thanks, or simply be neutral and gone off to do his own thing.

Membre supprimé

Lol! Well yeah, he never used to have any fanart last year and beyond… (besides crappy and traced ones) but now… he aint ignored emoji at least by me and a few other people XD

But like you, I also found it kinda odd that the Insomniacs gave him all those cameos, even though no one liked him back then… though I'd really like him to come back as a neutral or ally character too, if it fits in with the story anyways :oui: