Sujet : R&C Comic: Issue 2 Thread

Membre supprimé

Since it's already out… it's now time for the 2nd issue topic!

User image

Please don't forget to mark all spoiler reviews with the spoiler tags, and thanks emoji (cant wait to get it!)

Membre supprimé

Well, I'll be getting my copy of Issue #2 this weekend, which I am quite excited to get my hand on it. I've heard it's better than issue #1 so far.

Here's my spoiler-full review:

At the end of the last issue, Ratchet and Clank were taken prisoners to Artemis Zogg's space ship, who has transported Veldin, along with planets from Solana, Bogon, and Polaris, to his own "Artemis Galaxy".

Ratchet and Clank are introduced to Zogg and his assistant, Vorn Grablak. Zogg tells them that he admires them for defeating Dr. Nefarious, and saving the universe several times. However, he doesn't want them to interfere in his plans for the Artemis Galaxy. Instead, he chooses to lock them up in Vartax Detention Facility, but since he is a fan, he does give Ratchet his wrench back. Before he leaves, he mentions Qwark and the "Helios Project", something brought up back in the first issue. Ratchet is mad about this, and vows to kill Qwark (again) for this. I thought that was rather strange, since Ratchet was refusing to be a hero in the first place, and should be the last person to be angry. This scene also hints of Zogg's past with Qwark, as well as his anger problems, and is something I look forward in finding out more the next issue.

The duo are taken to Vartax, greeted with a small cell (with a Courtney Gears poster). They plan on breaking out tonight….only to delay to three months. At the cafeteria, the duo is grabbing lunch, along with a Kerchu, and accidentally bump into General Glahm, an Agorian general. The general recognize them from the Krell Canyon battle in A Crack In Time, and fights Ratchet. Warden Klink stops the fight, and punishes the duo by executing them by the airlock. During the walk there, Glahm reveals to Ratchet that the fight was a ruse in order to escape, and they discuss it while they walk. Meanwhile, back in the cell, Clank, along with a Space Pirate, manage to steal the key from one of the guards and break out. Back in the airlock, Ratchet and Glahm are about to be shot, when Glahm's back-up, Cronk and Zephyr, come to the rescue. I gotta say, Glahm is definitely pretty smart and articulate for an Agorian. Then again, they do also have a sense of honor, which makes their alliance easy to accept.

A big gunfight insues as the heroes shoot guard after guard, while Ratchet reaches to Clank. The Space Pirate riles up the other prisoners to fight the guards and allow for the escape. A rather interesting conversation occurs between Klink and Cronk and Zephyr, which suggests something big happened in Polaris in the two years Ratchet and Clank were missing, with the Warden referring to the robots as "traitors", and they knowing about him and Vorn. The heroes escape in Talwyn's ship, but Glahm stays behind in order to protect them. The heroes leave, not without leaving an explosion behind, and are headed to see Talwyn. Meanwhile, a frustrated Zogg punishes Klink by ejecting him into space, and instead of sending more warbots, he wants to lure the heroes to him, all while looking at Veldin. To be continued…

This issue was a big improvement over the first issue. Though it is unfair to compare the two since the first one, for the most part, sets the exposition for the story, this one picks up more in the story. Some rather interesting developments are made, and the plot thickens. The jokes also improve upon this issue, requiring more on time. My favorite involves Ratchet assuming they'd make a fast break-out, only to cut away to the "three-months later" caption, as well as his constant desire to kill Qwark. Zogg is also an interesting antagonist. Sure, he's an egomaniac and ruthless, like plenty of other villains in the franchise, but unlike the others, he actually respects the heroes, and gives them a fighting chance, which ultimately proves to be his undoing.

The art has also improved. The characters are more expressive, and Ratchet's eyes are not as squinty as last issue. Also look up for some nods and in-jokes in the issue.

Overall, this is a strong issue. It definitely has sparked my interest more for the third issue, and the T.J. Fixman's writing is as sharp as ever.

Membre supprimé

I got it today and its alot better than issue 1. trust me!

Membre supprimé

man, I so cant wait to get it myself emoji just waiting for my American friend to come online, so he can help me get it to NZ emoji

woot! I got my comic today! (thanks to my sis who got it for me from town) I just finished reading it and BOY was it worth it! can't wait for the third issue to come out I want to see what happens next! emoji

Membre supprimé

I was suprised at how much darker this issue was than the first one. Not only is it darker, but it's alot better and longer, as well. One thing that made it darker is when

General Glahm sacrificed himself to let Ratchet & Clank escape from the Vartax Detention Facility, and then part of the facility exploded. And also when Zogg killed Warden Klink by throwing out the airlock into the depths of space.

This scene really shows us how evil Artemis Zogg really is.

I was suprised at how much darker this issue was than the first one. Not only is it darker, but it's alot better and longer, as well. One thing that made it darker is when

General Glahm sacrificed himself to let Ratchet & Clank escape from the Vartax Detention Facility and then Artemis Zogg destroyed Vartax, which not only killed Glahm but also killed other citizens in the process. But something that was about just as dark as that is when Zogg killed Warden Klink by throwing out the airlock.

Both these scenes really show us how evil Artemis Zogg really is. It's compareable to the evil of Drek and Gleeman Vox. I guess Insomniac Games wanted to give the comic series a darker tone as well as a darker and more evil villain.

What? No.

Cronk and Zephyr were the ones that caused the explosion, not Zogg, and it only blew up the exit hangar. We see Vartax patched up near the end. Considering that Glahm was distant from the hangar the heroes used, the only way Glahm would have died is if it were by the guards, as Ratchet said he would have. So, there was an explosion, but the prison is still standing and Glahm is likely to be alive.

As for Klink, I kinda hope he survives, just so he could have payback on Zogg. Unlikely to happen, but not impossible.
Membre supprimé

GamerSlyRatchet, It's best for you to put spoiler tags in your last post because not everyone here has bought the comic yet or people could accidentally come to this thread and see the spoilers right away. So that's why I have to cover my hand in what you had wrote there.

I was supposed to get my copy of issue 2 today, but guess what… the closest comic store near my hometown were all SOLD OUT! I never knew that they would be sold out that quickly. emoji Looks like I gotta travel far to get my copy or buy it online somehow, even if I don't really trust shopping online though… emoji

I was supposed to get my copy of issue 2 today, but guess what… the closest comic store near my hometown were all SOLD OUT! I never knew that they would be sold out that quickly. emoji Looks like I gotta travel far to get my copy or buy it online somehow, even if I don't really trust shopping online though… emoji

Oh crud I knew I forgot to tell you something now I remember I've should have told you about how fast these comic go due that the R&C series are so popular it's unbelievable which is why I want to get mine as soon as they are released in the UK I didn't go to town on the day it was released cause I was ill so my sis got it for me from traveling man which was the LAST copy in stock cause these comics sell out so friggen fast sorry for not telling you about this sooner tipsy ^^;

Membre supprimé

well…..

I have a nice, mom & pop comic shop I go to, like a Non-chain one. And i ALWAYS get them the day they come out because I always ask them to reserve a copy. Maybe you could ask your comic stores to do the same? Im not sure if its just that he wants to make the little 11 year old happy, but you should try it! All my comic stores in the area do it, actually
….

Membre supprimé

General Glahm sacrificed himself to let Ratchet & Clank escape from the Vartax Detention Facility and then Artemis Zogg destroyed Vartax, which not only killed Glahm but also killed other citizens in the process. But something that was about just as dark as that is when Zogg killed Warden Klink by throwing out the airlock.

Both these scenes really show us how evil Artemis Zogg really is. It's compareable to the evil of Drek and Gleeman Vox. I guess Insomniac Games wanted to give the comic series a darker tone as well as a darker and more evil villain.

What? No.

Cronk and Zephyr were the ones that caused the explosion, not Zogg, and it only blew up the exit hangar. We see Vartax patched up near the end. Considering that Glahm was distant from the hangar the heroes used, the only way Glahm would have died is if it were by the guards, as Ratchet said he would have. So, there was an explosion, but the prison is still standing and Glahm is likely to be alive.

As for Klink, I kinda hope he survives, just so he could have payback on Zogg. Unlikely to happen, but not impossible.

Oops, I'm sorry let me fix that.

No. Glahm didn't appear to have been caught in the explosion, although other citizens in Vartax may have. Glahm was too far away to have been caught in the explosion I think. As for Klink, he was killed when he was ejected out into the depths of space and deactivated.

But yeah, I'm sorry about that mistake.

Membre supprimé

Oy my gosh, can you guys PLEASE hide the spoilers? I've already been spoiled enough for the next comic issue emoji (which I still havent gotten… friend hasnt been online for almost a week) it looks like I may just have to order it myself, which means the postage will be overpriced >_<

Yeah, I haven't got it either yet, subscribed via Forbidden Planet, and have had no sign of issue 2 at all yet, so yeah, HIDE THE SPOILERS PLEASE!

Membre supprimé
well…..

I have a nice, mom & pop comic shop I go to, like a Non-chain one. And i ALWAYS get them the day they come out because I always ask them to reserve a copy. Maybe you could ask your comic stores to do the same? Im not sure if its just that he wants to make the little 11 year old happy, but you should try it! All my comic stores in the area do it, actually
….

Perhaps I should start doing that whenever a new comic is released from now on. I barely don't even buy comics, so I am quite new in what getting them are like. Either I'll do that or just go to my closest comic store on the day the comics are out.

If I don't buy Issue 2 right away, I could always buy it another time (if there are more copies around) and get the rest of the issues on the day it is released. The only problem is that I'll probably have to read the comics way later on if I want to go on that approach. :P

Oy my gosh, can you guys PLEASE hide the spoilers? I've already been spoiled enough for the next comic issue :hum (which I still havent gotten… friend hasnt been online for almost a week) it looks like I may just have to order it myself, which means the postage will be overpriced >_<

I would try buying them off of E-Bay, but to be honest…I don't know if I really want to. And besides, sometimes buying off of E-Bay can be pretty risky if you are not aware with online shopping.