Sujet : R&C Comic: Issue 3 Thread

Membre supprimé

User image

Since it's coming out tomorrow… here's the topic for it emoji

I know I havent been here much lately but once I get both issue 2 and 3, I'll definitely be around again. This time I seriously DO NOT want to see spoilers for this issue, hide them please!

And thank you emoji

TOMMOROW!?
my copy of issue 2 hasn't even arrived yet!

Membre supprimé
User image

Since it's coming out tomorrow… here's the topic for it emoji

I know I havent been here much lately but once I get both issue 2 and 3, I'll definitely be around again. This time I seriously DO NOT want to see spoilers for this issue, hide them please!

And thank you emoji

I promise I won't put any spoilers to this thread until you get it. Anyway, I heard and it sure looks really exciting. I can't wait to get it tommrow

Membre supprimé
TOMMOROW!?
my copy of issue 2 hasn't even arrived yet!

You ain't the only one lombaxdude, I still haven't got Issue 2 yet either. But no matter what, I'm still going to buy Issue 3.

Likely won't pick it up until the weekend this time around, either or I will get it =D

Finally finished reading this one, and this one definitely tops the second issue. There's even more cameos and references than the second one, and even a heaping amount of character development to a few of these characters. I'll post my full review later, but right now, I'm very impressed with this issue.

Membre supprimé

That makes me really excited for this issue then emoji

I should be getting it soon too, but since I live in NZ, it wont get here until next week.

Membre supprimé

That sounds pretty cool to hear.

I'll definitely be excited to read this issue next week, same goes with issue # 2. I was going to get both of them today, but apparently the bus near my house that goes to the comic store was out of service today (Apparently there was construction on the main highway that the bus drives by to).

On the plus side, at least the owners of the stores have saved a copy of Issue 2 and 3 for me once I pick it up next Wednesday.

Membre supprimé

Finally ordered issue 2 & 3 emoji !!! (off Ebay)

I should be getting them both next week sometime, so I'm pretty hyped now XD (will give reviews for both issues, in their own topics)

Finally, the third issue of the comic (titled "Lost and Spaced"emoji has arrived, and it explains plenty of backstory and development. What did I think of it? Let's find out:

When we last left our heroes, they escaped Vortax Penitentiary and were on the way to the Apogee Space Station in Polaris, along with Cronk and Zephyr. Meanwhile, "President" Artemis Zogg wants to bring them out of hiding, and intends to use Veldin to do so. Ratchet and Clank arrive at the station, and are warmly greeted by Talwyn, who hasn't seen them for quite a while. Before they can react properly, the duo find out the station has been loaned to the Solana Galactic Rangers, who are using it as a base of operations to plan an attack to Zogg's warship. Leading the attack is Metropolis Mayo….err, I mean, Presidential Advisor Sasha Phyronix. Sasha also has no time to say hi to the duo, as she is too busy grilling President Qwark for his connection to the mysterious Helios Project and Zogg. At fist, she seems to be too harsh on him, but it is later revealed that her father, the President of Solana, was in one of the Polaris planets on a goodwill mission, before being teleported to the Artemis Galaxy. The attack on Zogg fails, as he not only teleports his ship away from the Rangers, but manages to move the entire galaxy away to another part of the universe. Things get worse when Zogg communicates to them, telling everyone that Veldin will be teleported to a remote part of the galaxy, where it will die without a sun, unless the duo turn themselves in. To be continued….

This isn't the only thing going on in the story. Flashbacks reveal in detail Qwark's history with Zogg and the origin of the Helios Project. You see, within the two years after Ratchet and Clank saved the universe from Nefarious and Azimuth, Qwark stayed in Polaris to bask in the glory of his "defeat" of Nefarious. A big fan of the superhero, Polaris Minister of Defense Artemis Zogg contacts Qwark in Meridian City. Zogg, a good-natured politician who wants the best for Polaris, is running up for Galactic President, and wants Qwark to sponsor his campaign. Enthusiastically, he even shows him his crowning achievement, the Helios Project. By using a meteor shard found in Fastoon, made of a material capable of dimensional travel that only the Lombaxes managed to use successfully in the Dimensionator, he wants to prevent another danger to Polaris by "moving" the galaxy to another part of the universe, all while traveling between dimensions. In order to sustain the galaxy, he also creates an artificial sun, Helios. Later, Qwark is about to announce his sponsorship of Zogg's campaign at a rally, but is contacted by his former manager, Cyrus. He tells him that Qwark should ditch Zogg, and run for president instead. In a seemingly egotistical move, Qwark announces his candidacy in the rally, unsurprisingly winning. Zogg, deeply disappointed and saddened, retires from his position. However, when he is told that Qwark is cancelling his project, he lashes out. In a fit of rage, he orders his servants (including the bodyguards Zephyr and Cronk) to move his equipment to his ship, and driven insane, starts his campaign to create his "Artemis Galaxy"…by force!

Just like last time, this issue greatly improves upon the last one. Plenty of references and easter eggs from the previous games, in addition to an interesting, developing story, and plenty of development in many characters make up this story. Some of the highlights include Talwyn's brief conversation with Ratchet, President Phyronix's confrontation with Zogg Talwyn comforting a stressed Sasha, and the origin flashback. Probably the best, and the most subtle, development, comes from Qwark himself, by providing a rare, genuine heroic moment. Though his seizing of Zogg's campaign comes off as self-centered and arrogant, it is strongly hinted that he did it only to cancel the Helios Project because he felt it would endanger the universe, much like Tachyon's use of the Dimensionator. And Zogg, while being a genuine good guy at first, is a bit delusional in his use of unknown, and possibly dangerous, technology. So, while Qwark definitely could have used a less brutal way to handle the situation, it was a gesture of heroism, something rare in his character.

Two small complaints, though: when President Phyronix is confronting Zogg on Zaurik (Yep! We FINALLY visit this planet), he comes off as completely articulate, wise, and competent. While he came off as a better person from it, it does clash with his bumbling, Bill Clinton-like persona from UYA. The other small complaint: Ratchet and Sasha didn't interact…at all. Hopefully, this is explored further, since it seems odd they barely talk after so long, even longer than the adventures in Polaris.

All in all, though, this issue improves upon the last one very well. Though there's not as much action and thrills as the action-packed last one, the characters are fleshed out a lot, and there's MORE references to previous games. The art is improving as well. A strong outing, and I'm even more anxious to see the fourth issue.

Membre supprimé

since i get them the exact day they come out in the US… I will say…. they just keep gradually getting BETTER and better EVERY time!

Membre supprimé

I'm still waiting patiently for this issue emoji gosh I want to see it so bad!

Finally got mine Today. It was interesting to read and I like the cameo that appear in this chap. Can't wait for the next issue.

Membre supprimé

I will make a SPOILER REVIEW appear! emoji

If you thought Issue 2 was awesome, you would probably like Issue 3 even more. Now this is where the story in Issue 3 becomes quite interesting in this one.

The issue shows events from the present time to what happened 10 months ago with Zogg, Captain Qwark and the Helios Project. Zogg's backstory became quite interesting to the flashback events with Qwark. He was a nice Markazian in the beginning, which he also suggested Qwark to sponsor a campaign for Zogg to become President. That is until Qwark went self-centered to announce that he would be Galactic President instead, no thanks to his manager Cyrus. I kind of liked the fact that Qwark's self-centered approach of taking over as Galactic President and canceling the Helios Project was rather unique for his way of being egoistic in the comic. Sure it might of been brutal on Zogg's case, but the use of heroism in the picture was rather rare on a character like Qwark like GamerSlyRatchet have mentioned in his review.

The cameos in the comic…. Boy did I enjoy the cameos in Issue # 3. There were a lot of cameos here compared to the other two, whether they were mentioned or that they actually appeared on the panels. Talwyn, Sasha, the Galactic Rangers, The Terachnoids in ACIT made an appearance in this issue, even President Phyronix makes a cameo here, which surprisingly enough he plays in with the main story. There was a mention about Ace Hardlight in one of the panels, but once again, he was used for comic relief like his audio mentions in the Ratchet games after Deadlocked.

There were a lot of events happening in the present time with conversations between Ratchet and Talwyn about Zogg and the loss of Azimuth or Sasha and Talwyn when they were practicing in the gun shooting room, or even Clank, Cronk and Zephyr when they had their oil bath. It was great to see many characters fleshed out and packed into one issue, which turned out well in results.

Now I do have to agree with GamerSlyRatchet that the way Ratchet reunited with Sasha again felt stale. There wasn't a big reaction when these two saw each other again compared to Talwyn's welcome hug to Ratchet. Talwyn just introduces Sasha to Ratchet like they haven't even met before. That part would of been better if Ratchet said something like "Long time no see, Sasha" or "It's interesting to see you here Sasha". In my opinion, just saying "hi" didn't really came out well with that panel.

Once again I did had to agree with GSR (GamerSlyRatchet) that President Phyronix's character felt… well… out of character. He was a bumbling president in UYA. In the comic series, he acts too serious with no humour what-so-ever. But then again, since the story premise in the comic is quite deep in this issue, perhaps his bumbling personality would not match well during his conversation with Zogg.

With little nitpicks here and there, the comic as a whole was pretty intriguing throughout. It was a big improvement compared to the first and second issue, and the story so far has become more fun and exciting than before. It's definitely worth checking out.

I'll give Issue 3 an 8 out of 10.

Membre supprimé

Alright now I can finally give my thoughts for this issue as well… and without spoiling it, all I can say is that both me and my bro were really impressed by this issue, full of so many gags, references and characters… and even backstory, which makes the story much more interesting!

And now onto my review… emoji

First off, it's really neat to see Talwyn, Cronk and Zephyr again; especially Talwyn. I reckon her personality is a lot better now and it's so sweet how she greeted Ratchet XD and how they had a talk now and then too, especially about Alister.
As for Sasha… oh boy, I wasn't expecting their 'meeting' to be so stale and quiet, seems Sasha doesn't like him at all anymore and she's rather serious now and doesn't take jokes lightly.

But the main highlight for this issue was how they go back into the past, before Qwark became the President of Polaris. Who would have thought Zogg used to be a fan of Qwark! Me and my bro kept going ON AND On about how much of a jerk Qwark really is for doing that to poor Artemis! o_O never thought I'd say that about him, lol!
And that Cyrus guy is a douche too, the one sorta responcible for Qwark being such a backstabber to Zogg and I ROFLED when Ace Hardlight was mentioned emoji emoji emoji and I immediately had in my mind "Don't compare ME with asschin!" (A quote Ace says somewhere in my fanfic, lol!) so yeah that made me laugh a lot XD
I also felt kinda bad for President Phyronix too, he wasn't acting like an idiot at all! And how he called Zogg "Artie"… seems they were friends at some point.

I'm not really sure what else to say, but all I can say if that I did really enjoy this issue! So many funny jokes and the story gets loads more interesting! The Oil bath scene was funny as well, but so were many other scenes. And I like how the story gets more deep too… TJ Fixman rocks with this, and Adam's drawings are awesome as ever, seeing these other characters in his style is great! I now adore his style, to be honest XD Jonny's colours are also very good too, as they always were!

Ok that's enough for the spoiler review I guess, and it's very nice that they had a Tribute page for Jonny Rench at the end of the comic too, which was also a good read and a good way to let other fans know about what had happened and how his colours won't be in the next 3 issues.

So yeah, I loved this issue and I can't wait to read more emoji emoji emoji emoji

Oh and I also like your review, GamerSlyRatchet. Better than my spazz-filled one emoji but yeah now that I read that, I can help but sorta agree with you on

Qwark too (instead of just thinking he's being a complete jerk/attention seeker as always XD)