Sujet : Which Comic Books Have You Read So Far?

Membre supprimé

I see that a few of us here are collecting the Ratchet and Clank comic books at this point.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone here read or purchased other comic books or other reading material than just the Ratchet and Clank comic books?

If so, feel free to mention the comic books, mangas, graphic novels or other reading material you have read or have if you are into collecting these kinds of things.

Well to be honest, I think the Ratchet and Clank comic series has been the only Comic Books I have fully read and purchased so far.

I also remember back in college a few years ago, I remember someone showed me a graphic novel called Wanted. The concept was actually quite good since it was taking more on a anti-hero premise. The only thing that bugged me that the main character named Wesley Gibson looked way to identical to Eminem. But then again, I think the artist was quite influenced by Eminem's appearance in the film, 8-Mile.

User image

As for mangas, I've read a few since I was into Anime back then. Plus, I do know some people who are into them. I think the only manga series I really liked the most was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I think the manga version made the characters have some interesting premises and personality overall compared to the game.

I was also quite into the first Kingdom Hearts volume mangas back then. But that is only because I really liked the Disney references the artist presented in the 4 volumes of the KH mangas. What threw me off in not liking them anymore was how it was translated. I think in the original translation, it had some cursing in it, but since there's Disney characters in Kingdom Hearts, the swearing needed to be out of the dialogue. So the dialogue where characters were cussing just sounded off in the English translation. Saying something like "darn you!" isn't something I want to say when I am expressing angrily with words. emoji

I've also read a Korean manga from someone a couple of years ago, but it had some yaoi, cross-dressing inappropriate subject matter throughout. I'll be honest, it was entertaining but quite disturbing at the same time. emoji

So yeah, I think that's the only reading material I have read so far.

In addition to the R&C comic series, I've also read the couple Sly Cooper comics that bridged the games. I'm also reading the spin-off comics for Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the one based on the upcoming Young Justice TV show.

I also read Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America and Green Lantern.

Membre supprimé
In addition to the R&C comic series, I've also read the couple Sly Cooper comics that bridged the games.

Really…Never knew there would be a comic book series to the Sly Cooper franchise. I might pick those up one day, but certainly not now.

Really…Never knew there would be a comic book series to the Sly Cooper franchise. I might pick those up one day, but certainly not now.

The first comic is available for download at the Sucker Punch website.

Not sure about the second one, though. Both are rather rare, and only came out with Gamepro issues.

Membre supprimé

Oh okay then. Thanks GamerSR.

I actually stopped by the Sucker Punch Studio site and checked the first issue out. I really had a blast in reading it! Especially the presentation of how each panel was presented. Sucker Punch are sure pros in capturing comic book visuals. :oui:

It also surprised me that the one and only Carmelita Fox…

was throwing some cusses in her dialogue of the First Issue. I thought it was pretty funny because you wouldn't expect characters from the Sly Cooper franchise to swear at all.

Although, I don't think it isn't too much of a big deal since I've seen other comics based on E-rated videogames that had some mild languages in them.

Beside for the Ratchet comics, the last other comic I read was Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel (in cause you don't know, he's the Earthworm Jim guy XD). A friend of mine kinda bribed me to get it being she though I would love his works. While this is the only comic I read so far of his, I surely loved it XDD

It's a fun, lighthearted story with lot of action, drama and humor. And the artwork is also pretty damn sweet as well. I highly recommend it, and it shouldn't be hard to find being it's pretty new. I do plan on getting his other works in the future, Gear being one that really seems to interest me (who's also my friend's fav of his works).

Membre supprimé
Beside for the Ratchet comics, the last other comic I read was Ghostopolis by Doug TenNapel (in cause you don't know, he's the Earthworm Jim guy XD). A friend of mine kinda bribed me to get it being she though I would love his works. While this is the only comic I read so far of his, I surely loved it XDD

It's a fun, lighthearted story with lot of action, drama and humor. And the artwork is also pretty damn sweet as well. I highly recommend it, and it shouldn't be hard to find being it's pretty new. I do plan on getting his other works in the future, Gear being one that really seems to interest me (who's also my friend's fav of his works).

I can see a lot of influences of Earthworm Jim in TenNapel's series Gear. It definitely brings a similar style of his early work.

Gear
User image

Earthworm Jim
User image

Can't believe the same artist as Earthworm Jim created the game Neverhood (Which is a CD-ROM game with stop-motion animations).

Once again, you can tell it's TenNapel's style with his big chest and thin head charactertures.

Neverhood
User image