Sujet : ratchet's death

how is it that alister killed ratchet with just 1 shot when ratchet can be hit loads of times and not die? he was still wearing his armour, so it's not like he was unprotected. it just doesn't make much sense emoji

Membre supprimé

The Flux armors contain NanoTechnology WHEN THEIR ON. On the Insomniac Museum Insomniac said that the Flux armors had the ability to be turned off having the possibility of CGI with Ratchet on it and only making the same cutscene once. So that means when Ratchet has he's Flux off he's voulnerable to direct attacks to the body. He is preety much a normal human being with the Flux armor off. "Well than what about the other games genious" you may be thinking, well I'll post an example.
Ratchet and Clank: Green triangle on the middle gives Nanotech. As it is small you have four miserable Nano Spheres
Going Commando: His glowing ball in the middle for the first armour and on the rest he has many Nanotech trails on the armor.
Up Your Arsenal: Same as GC.
Deadlocked: Well this one is rather interesting as it is not Ratchet who uses the Nanotech, it's the Armor itself that uses it. When the armor has no Nanotech left, the Deadlock activates and kills Ratchet.
ToD: Glowing thing on the chest and the belt, the rest of the armors use a NanoGenerator on his chest.
QfB: Ratchet has NanoCircles around his armor that give him energy.
That's it. All the information provided by Insomniac Games.

My theory is that the blast from the wrench was just that powerful.

Membre supprimé

Nah, you get hit by those in the fight and they don't do that much damage.

Nah, you get hit by those in the fight and they don't do that much damage.

Don't forget in the fight Ratchet has his armour on, so that'll absorb some of the damage. Well quite a lot of the damage.
Also it's no guarantee that the shot is what kills Ratchet, it could be he's seriously hurt, passes out then collapses backwards off the edge.

It could also be that because in the cutscene Azimuth took a couple of seconds to charge his wrench, so it would be more powerful than in the boss battle where he doesn't take so much time to shoot.

and you know, when you are angry… you punch harder than you usually do…
It's the same thing here…. azimuth get as angry as possible and charges the wrench as hard as possible

It could also be that because in the cutscene Azimuth took a couple of seconds to charge his wrench, so it would be more powerful than in the boss battle where he doesn't take so much time to shoot.

you do have a point there, but still it is a bit silly that it only takes one shot to seriously wound him. emoji

My theory is that in the cutscenes insomniac wants to make it as real as it can get. And in the game it's all fantasy. Just think about it getting killed in one shot in the game all the time wouldn't be fun. Just think about other games ingame you can get slugged around and in cutscenes you get served. It's gaming logic.

Membre supprimé
My theory is that in the cutscenes insomniac wants to make it as real as it can get. And in the game it's all fantasy. Just think about it getting killed in one shot in the game all the time wouldn't be fun. Just think about other games ingame you can get slugged around and in cutscenes you get served. It's gaming logic.

Well, my theory goes by as an excuse for that. When you are low on health in ACiT the lights around Ratchet's armor will start glowing weaker and weaker.

you do have a point there, but still it is a bit silly that it only takes one shot to seriously wound him. emoji

Similar way, people have survived getting fired at (some soldiers have got wounded by several bursts at the same time but survived), but then some have died from just one shot.

And then, it looks like it's the armour which matters. Try playing Challenge Mode with the default armour in any game and the later enemies can one-shot you.

yea, like the tank in ratchet and clank uya, i tried without using any new armor and i worked in a while to get past it… but i got past it…

Probably Rage?

Membre supprimé

Ratchet died because he was standing near the edge the blast pushed him over it

Membre supprimé

Maybe alisters wrench's shot was soo powerful