Sujet : 2013 for Ratchet & Clank. Good or bad?

I didn't mean I wanted the end for a series, just a break. Don't forget, why Q-Force "isn't the best game" - it was released a year after A4O, so IG didn't have much time to make it. I actually really disliked campaing: Tower defense didn't work well, there was not much platforming and the open world was a bit "close" (come on, there were bigger maps back in ToD), but that's all fault of short production time, and fact, that North Carolina studio is pretty small. So if they started production of a new R&C just as they finished FFA, and will release it in lthe middle, or in late 2014, we could get (on of) the best game(s) in the series. And during 2013, duo will have their brake emoji

I didn't mean I wanted the end for a series, just a break. Don't forget, why Q-Force "isn't the best game" - it was released a year after A4O, so IG didn't have much time to make it. I actually really disliked campaing: Tower defense didn't work well, there was not much platforming and the open world was a bit "close" (come on, there were bigger maps back in ToD), but that's all fault of short production time, and fact, that North Carolina studio is pretty small. So if they started production of a new R&C just as they finished FFA, and will release it in lthe middle, or in late 2014, we could get (on of) the best game(s) in the series. And during 2013, duo will have their brake emoji

The reason why I dislike QForce is because I don't Tower Defence. At all.
But I see yer pointemoji

I think that FFA looks a lot like UYA online, maybe that's what they wanted, to bring people back to the ever so popular UYA online for a small price?

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT??? emoji
Comparison video by a friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WXbJSuWcg

FFA compared with UYA is as intense as a snail eating a tomato..
Not trying to say FFA sucks, it's just not as fun, and anyways, this is just my opinion, and brings me to my next point..

I'd like to see an old style Ratchet and Clank game again, with Clank on your back, swimming, wall jump and AWESOME weapons, maybe a bit darker again (like those good old PS2 games) and not too fancy graphics.

I liked ToDs graphics more than those from A4O, or even ACiT emoji

I wouldn't think it would matter if it was an entire year for creation/release, after all, the first 3 Ratchet and Clank games were each released a year apart from each other. Ratchet & Clank came out in 2002, Going Commando came out in 2003, and Up Your Arsenal came out in 2004. So, you would think that it would be plenty of time. I think they probably just got caught up with other projects and that's why they rushed this one.

For me, every year is good for Ratchet 7 Clank and the other franchises, no matter what!
emoji

I think that FFA looks a lot like UYA online, maybe that's what they wanted, to bring people back to the ever so popular UYA online for a small price?

Not trying to say FFA sucks, it's just not as fun, and anyways, this is just my opinion, and brings me to my next point..

I'd like to see an old style Ratchet and Clank game again, with Clank on your back, swimming, wall jump and AWESOME weapons, maybe a bit darker again (like those good old PS2 games) and not too fancy graphics.

I liked ToDs graphics more than those from A4O, or even ACiT emoji

You may not like it, and that's fine, but they were clearly trying to make it simmilar but different. They are always trying something new and different.

It has nodes, node protection a base and base defenses. But they just changed a bunch of things like making the player have more control over their base and making the player need to apply strategy. When I played FFA (I never played UYA online btw, but I know what it's like) it was fun for me, and I found it pretty intense.

I wouldn't think it would matter if it was an entire year for creation/release, after all, the first 3 Ratchet and Clank games were each released a year apart from each other. Ratchet & Clank came out in 2002, Going Commando came out in 2003, and Up Your Arsenal came out in 2004. So, you would think that it would be plenty of time. I think they probably just got caught up with other projects and that's why they rushed this one.

Yes, but back then there was one, big Insomniac Games. After ACiT it has split up to the big team in original studio (wich is concentrated on Fuse), and small team in North Carolina, responsible for new Ratchets. So now it's being made by smaller group of people, than before.

I actually liked FFA multi mode more. It was more interesting, expanded and simple in learning. But I must agree it's pretty dissapointing, that there is only one mode, three maps (When will that Metropolis will be released!emoji ) and max.4 players online (compare these numbers to R&C 3).

That new studio thing. It a shame they 'kinda' exchanged Ratchet for another FPS game. Sure, it looks all cool and stuff and I'm sure gonna buy it when its like €15,00. But its not a game I'm gonna be pumped about when it releases. It doesn't have that special thing that R&C has. Or I'm too blind to see it.

That new studio thing. It a shame they 'kinda' exchanged Ratchet for another FPS game. Sure, it looks all cool and stuff and I'm sure gonna buy it when its like €15,00. But its not a game I'm gonna be pumped about when it releases. It doesn't have that special thing that R&C has. Or I'm too blind to see it.

I understand IG - They can't make the same game franchise all the time. And because they wanted to continue R&C (or just earn more money) they made this small team in NC.

I understand IG - They can't make the same game franchise all the time. And because they wanted to continue R&C (or just earn more money) they made this small team in NC.

Nintendo has like itself and also Nintendo EAD which handels most of the first party games. I hope the 2nd IG studio will become like that one too. Maybe IG should focus on a new 'non-human' hero. Seems to have worked for Nintendo and SEGA over the years.

Membre supprimé

Nintendo has like itself and also Nintendo EAD which handels most of the first party games. I hope the 2nd IG studio will become like that one too. Maybe IG should focus on a new 'non-human' hero. Seems to have worked for Nintendo and SEGA over the years.

Remember that Nintendo and SEGA have been working with those characters for at least 20 years, it's understandable they'll earn loads of cash from the original fans

I hope that IG take enough time to make the next Ratchet game truly epic. If PS4 is coming out early 2015 (or at best Christmas 2014), I could wait. As a launch title, Ratchet would gain back some of its popularity, especially if it were a traditional Ratchet game and a well-made at such.

Remember that making a game isn't a quick process, especially nowadays when the graphics have got to be really good. Back in the PS1 or PS2 days 3D modelling and texturing took a lot less time because it hadn't to be as sharp. Also, getting used to a new system and its gimmicks isn't easy, so PS4 will be a bit of a problem for the game studios, like PS3 was.

I'm content with no new Ratchet games this year (except for the Deadlocked HD), because it takes time to develop a new game. FFA wasn't full-sized, it used recycled 3D models and yet it took a year to finish.

I'm on track of becoming a game artist myself. I hope maybe in my Master year I can go to America and maybe work as an intern for a year at IGemoji
Working on a game and make it detailed idd takes a lot of time. I started a project with my team last week. What we can do know is move, turn torches on/off and drain water when playing as a cylinder in Unity3D. I myself finished the storyline and its gaps while anotherone is working on 2 models for the main char and an enemy. So especially when you need to make an highly detailed new fully full Ratchet game on a brand new console it might take a couple years.

I wouldn't really mind if IG maybe released a hard copy of Deadlocked too, just to close the PS3 libraryemoji

I wouldn't really mind if IG maybe released a hard copy of Deadlocked too, just to close the PS3 libraryemoji

I'm pretty sure SONY (IG is not working on a port) won't do it, since they wouldn't get a lot of money with that.
Also, no one have noticed Insomniac have uploaded gameplay of Metropolis for FFA. Here's the link http://www.insomniacgames.com/ratchet-clank-full-frontal-assault-metropolis-map-reveal/

I saw it on Facebook idd, looks awesome!!
Suw… Im gonna retry making that PSN accound nowemoji