Sujet : Really Random thread

I guess it's a matter of opinion, I don't think anything in ToD's backgrounds is really that special…

As I said above, they also got rid of the "woosh" sound effect when you flip. It was just so satisfying…

I guess it's a matter of opinion, I don't think anything in ToD's backgrounds is really that special…

Feelin' the same way about UYA to be honest.

As I said above, they also got rid of the "woosh" sound effect when you flip. It was just so satisfying…

They didn't get rid of the "woosh" sound effect, they just changed it. But I get your point. I gotta admit I like the new Helipack sound though - those little props shouldn't sound like a big helicopter.

Feelin' the same way about UYA to be honest.

I'm sorry, did I miss something?
User image
User image

Hm, that screenshot looks somewhat better than Mylon I remember… And I played through it not too long ago. But perhaps you're right.

Hm, that screenshot looks somewhat better than Mylon I remember… And I played through it not too long ago. But perhaps you're right.

It has better lighting, that's about it.

Still, first R&C is the best looking PS2 game.

Still, first R&C is the best looking PS2 game.

Oh, what was that?
I couldn't hear you over Notak!
User image

Well, the later games had some cool effects and better character animation, but R&C was more detailed. Compare the Metropolis levels.

That's because Metropolis was the level they used to pitch Ratchet and Clank to Sony so they put a lot of work into it.
Let's be fair and compare the big bad's factory:
User image
User image

Design:
R&C < GC

Detail:
R&C > GC

You could argue that the HD trilogy is more High def than even A Crack in Time or ITN!

You could argue that the HD trilogy is more High def than even A Crack in Time or ITN!

It is.
The HD trilogy is in 1080p while ToD and ACiT are only in 720p.

The screen resolution is not the attention to detail.

It is.
The HD trilogy is in 1080p while ToD and ACiT are only in 720p.

Yoou'd dare to compare the graphics of the PS2 games to ACiT and ITN!?

Sure the PS2 games had amasing environments and level designs, but the PS3 games (to me) had incredible graphics. The term "graphics" being representative of all things visual, from framerate and resolution to objects polygon count and texture detail.