Sujet : Really Random thread

Creative Mode - pointless, pretty much a waste of time

User image

Those huge and amazing constructions you see are often not made in creative mode (you must be mad to do something like that), maybe a few touches here and there, but mostly there's another mod or program involved, like MC-Edit for example.

And yes, creative mode is a good way to try out your ideas before going into survival and building them. However, you'll soon find out that it's best to have a somewhat not established plan, adapt to your surroundings and experiment while you're vulnerable on creepers, redstone traps and whatever you wish. Because otherwise the game becomes predictable and you're most likely get bored of it sooner than you should.

Once I made a really cool castle surrounded by lava and everything in creative, then I switched the world to survival by putting it in a server so that I can play on it with my brother and my cousin. At first it was nice to play in an awesome medieval castle, but there wasn't anything else to do… Monsters couldn't handle the defenses and we were clad in fully enchanted diamond armor, swinging diamond swords and shooting power 5 enchanted bows. It got boring really quick and we ended up destroying the castle ourselves. Survival worlds last much much longer…
See my point?

Oh I completely agree. Converting creative worlds to survival skips you past all the most intense parts of the game, leaving it all rather dull and boring.

The trick with survival is trying to gather the resources and constructing the actual structures. All while trying to defend yourself or find sanctuary at night from the nasty monsters.

What I meant was not that I create a world in creative and then convert it to survival, but that I create a world in Survival, and then use the seed to make a creative version, which I use to plan a structure I want to build in Survival. It takes ages to build these things twice, but it certainly provides a fair few good challenges along the way.

In my main world I came across this decent sized mountain, and decided it would make a good place for my humble little castle. So in creative I built that castle, and then in Survival I built the castle, while simultaneously digging deeper straight into the mountain. At about the same time the exterior was complete I ran into a neat little cave system that lead straight out the side of the mountain, so I built a waterfall blocking the secret passage, and kept digging below the mountain. It didn't take long before I struck a dungeon (like 30 minutes), and there I was at the End Portal. So the first things I ever did in that world (This is pretty much all in survival) were build a castle, fill it with secret passages, find the End Portal and then craft a Sword :oui:

Oh and I found a massive cave system right near the portal, that I've been exploring for months now.

Oh I completely agree. Converting creative worlds to survival skips you past all the most intense parts of the game, leaving it all rather dull and boring.

The trick with survival is trying to gather the resources and constructing the actual structures. All while trying to defend yourself or find sanctuary at night from the nasty monsters.

What I meant was not that I create a world in creative and then convert it to survival, but that I create a world in Survival, and then use the seed to make a creative version, which I use to plan a structure I want to build in Survival. It takes ages to build these things twice, but it certainly provides a fair few good challenges along the way.

In my main world I came across this decent sized mountain, and decided it would make a good place for my humble little castle. So in creative I built that castle, and then in Survival I built the castle, while simultaneously digging deeper straight into the mountain. At about the same time the exterior was complete I ran into a neat little cave system that lead straight out the side of the mountain, so I built a waterfall blocking the secret passage, and kept digging below the mountain. It didn't take long before I struck a dungeon (like 30 minutes), and there I was at the End Portal. So the first things I ever did in that world (This is pretty much all in survival) were build a castle, fill it with secret passages, find the End Portal and then craft a Sword :oui:

Oh and I found a massive cave system right near the portal, that I've been exploring for months now.

emoji Something similar happened to me once: I had this really neat house in a savanna and I had been playing on that map for quite a while… I was at the stage of gathering diamonds for a full armor. Then, one day, my horse fell in one of the pretty shallow crevasses near my house and right there, so close to the surface, was one of those big old libraries that you find in dungeons. Basically, an End Portal right under my nose this whole time!

Yep, Deadlocked is REALLY awkward now…

Whaaat?

Whaaat?

It's like the game is taunting me…. especially on the final boss…

Teeaaam Dark Star!

…more like Team "Dead"star! emoji

User image
Well, look who just showed up in Star Wars Rebels emoji

Whaaat?

It's like the game is taunting me…. especially on the final boss…

"I'm gonna name it, Death of a Lombax!"

User image

Well, look who just showed up in Star Wars Rebels emoji

So much betteremoji
Same voice?

Yep! Same voice. And she's gonna have 2 white lightsabers!

How many years are Clone wars and Rebels appart?

Clone Wars was set between Episode II and III, while Rebels was set 14 years after Episode III and 5 years before Episode IV (source: Wikipedia)

Still not convinced to watch it though.