Sujet : Really Random thread

Well, it differs. We have both, I think
This year we studied linguistics in general but some courses gave us information directly on Japanese. Next year only Japanese linguistics are planned.

And you want to become an interpreter? Or do text translation?

Doesn't matter tbh, I can do both even now. I'd love to get job of localizator for certain game series though, but it seems they're not interested in translators from Japanese emoji

Hey, Namco's a big company with famous game series. I'm sure they'd be happy to have a Japanese-English translator when they open job offers. Or maybe some other game companies like Capcom, Sega, or Nintendo.

I'm actually trying to find my way into Russian company… I've translated 1 game and working on another one right now, but still they don't seem to recognise our community… I'm managing the biggest Tales of series community in popular social network… But still no recognition. Sad turn of events. emoji
But thank you for cheering me up, really. I hope my dream would become real soon.

Btw, changing topic, but I just heard Russian Ratchet and Clank movie trailer. Wtf they translated Clank name into Clunk in Russian lol

Btw, changing topic, but I just heard Russian Ratchet and Clank movie trailer. Wtf they translated Clank name into Clunk in Russian lol

Clunk/Klunk is the name of Clank's evil twin, so maybe they swapped them in the Russian movie. emoji

I'm actually trying to find my way into Russian company… I've translated 1 game and working on another one right now, but still they don't seem to recognise our community… I'm managing the biggest Tales of series community in popular social network… But still no recognition. Sad turn of events. emoji
But thank you for cheering me up, really. I hope my dream would become real soon.

Gaming/entertainment translations are likely something you roll into. Try building up a network and find some translators in that biz and talk to them. Create a LinkedIn page in advance.

Also, I hate it when western names are translated in western countries. An eastern name like Raitoningu (which was changed to Claire in FFXIII) is fine. But Mantis to Gottesanbetsrin (German Kung Fu Panda) and I lose my mind.

And Tigress must have been translated to something like "Tigerin". I can already imagine the dialogue.

"Gottesanbeterin, bist du ok?"
"Gottesanbeterin, nein!"

And about that Clank thing, is it really "Clunk" or maybe they pronounced "Clank" as "Klank"? Because in Polish, it's Klanka. Still not as weird as Japanese, though. They call him Kuranku. And you just reminded me of the time I watched the movie, when Ratchet said "Meet, the Omniwrench!" The subtitle showed "Omniwrench" as "Omni Rench". How could the translators messed up after doing a so far good job?

I wrote a French fan fiction, it starts like this:
" « CLANK », « CLONK », « PLINK », « PLONK ». Those were the noises that the Super clé 8000 made on the lombax butt.
« CLANK », « CLANK », « CLANK », « CLANK », Those were the words that the lombax yelled.."

Should i translate it entirely to english ?

Ps: do you have a Malo here ? I'm looking for the Malo of the english website

Clunk/Klunk is the name of Clank's evil twin, so maybe they swapped them in the Russian movie.

Yeah, that's why exactly I pointed it out. When my friend and I found this out we were like "AHAHAHA Fan Theory it's not Clank but Clunk in the reboot"

And about that Clank thing, is it really "Clunk" or maybe they pronounced "Clank" as "Klank"?

They pronounce his name just like everyone in EN version pronounces Clunk.

Gaming/entertainment translations are likely something you roll into. Try building up a network and find some translators in that biz and talk to them. Create a LinkedIn page in advance.

Thank you for advices! I'll see what a can do about it. ^^

Also, I hate it when western names are translated in western countries. An eastern name like Raitoningu (which was changed to Claire in FFXIII) is fine. But Mantis to Gottesanbetsrin (German Kung Fu Panda) and I lose my mind.

Da heeeeck

Still not as weird as Japanese, though. They call him Kuranku.

I should probably check out how they call Clunk then. 'Cause I can totally understand where this came from, but for situation with Russian version - I can't.

How could the translators messed up after doing a so far good job?

I ask myself this every time I find a mistake in games I've looked into. You just don't know the power of lack of certain knowledge ^^"

Still not as weird as Japanese, though. They call him Kuranku.

I should probably check out how they call Clunk then. 'Cause I can totally understand where this came from, but for situation with Russian version - I can't.

According to Google Translate, "Clunk" translates to "Akkan" in Japanese.

Also, yay for fan theories! emoji

I don't believe Google Translate, better check it out myself emoji
will do once I'm done with 2 tests on this week.

Now why would you say that? Google Translate is amaaaaazing! (:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep98a0mDiIc Star Wars meets Japanese Google Translate dub!

So I just learned hiragana alphabet in Duolingo, since we plan to go to Japan this year. Heck, 15 minutes into hiragana and chill and my head was already boiling.