Sujet : The Best and Worst Re-designs

With the various topics we've had about re-designs recently, I thought we should expand on it elsewhere. Here you can put your favorite and least favorite metamorphoses.

THE BEST

Fox McCloud

I love the 2002 design from StarFox Adventures, but that doesn’t take away that 2005’s design was twice as bad-ass! Shoulder pads are my weakness on sci-fi armor. He’s a little less furry, but that is compensated by his more grown-up look. It’s a great mix between the old and the new. Too but that they brought the old-school look back after this one.

User image

Crash Bandicoot

Haters gonna hate, but I loved Crash's Titan design. He became more huggable and animal-like. His smaller eyes made him look older, which was a nice touch.

User image

Commander Shepard

Mass Effect 2 might be the best example of fan-feedback in gaming history, which is the main reason it was so successful. A piece of feedback that kept coming back was the armor that Cmndr Shepard wore. In the first game it was very subtle and skin tight. BioWare didn't want the Vanquish/StarCraft sci-fi armor. So the Onyx armor now lives on as this slick piece of hardware:

User image

Sly Cooper

Exectly how I expected a next-gen Sly to look like, maybe even better. His posture looks a lot more realistic and they’ve added a lot of details. My favorite is, once again, the fur.

User image

Lara Croft

Between you and me.. I freaking HATE braids. They are the ugliest thing in universe. When Crystal Dynamics took the Tomb Raider franchise from Core, they did some housekeeping. First of all: un-canon the Core TR’s and then: No more braids. In 2006 the braid came back one last time to then be terminated by the glorious Underworld re-design.

User image

THE WORST

Captain Qwark

The redesigns from All4One were a downfall compared to ACiT. But the biggest miss was Qwark. He reminds me of a troll-face

User image\

Elena Fisher

I love the actress Emily Rose, I bought Uncharted for her in the first place! They even look like twins. But when I saw Elena enter the scene in 3, I wasn’t even sure if it was her. I heard many people complain about it so I’m not alone here. Her eyes hint more to a Asian heritage and her irises changed from hazel to brown-brown.

User image

Knuckles the Echidna

Huge fists weren’t good enough, he needed steroids to show how strong he is. He also grew twice his height.

User image

If I could find a pic of Ratchet in Tools of Destruction and All 4 One, i would post that here, sadly, i cant

I'll help:

User image

User image

In my opinion, A4O designs aren't so bad, better than movie designs at least. And why did you write 2007 next to ToD Qwark? PS2 Qwark looked much different than the Future saga one. And I still don't find that Knuckles to be bad.

To me Qwark from PS2 to PS3 was more of a remastered update than a make-over

To me Qwark from PS2 to PS3 was more of a remastered update than a make-over

To me it is a certain make-over, just compare their faces.

Still a remaster to meemoji

User image