Sujet : General Platformer Thread

True. Most of the newer platformers have released on a phone or download exclusive. I miss a good new platformers nowadays, I'd love to see a new face added to the collection. Maybe this fella could make a comeback as a grown-up?

User image

Well almost every platformer is kind of a kids game, in that the devs make them appeal to kids with less mature themes and bright colourful happy worlds. But of course most of the kids don't care and just want CoD or GTA. Still does change the fact they are made for kids.

Pretty much every time someone sees me playing LBP they say 'That's a kids game', and to be honest I'd be wrong to argue against the idea that the games general themes are very childish.

Maybe we need more games like Rayman 2 or darker. Then the kids will be attracted to its darker setting, and we'll be attracted to the awesome platforming.

Guys:

For kids =/= Family friendly.

I guess you could split them up like that, but I call them both kids games, because in reality they are all family friendly. The real kids games I never ever run into because they are pretty much all crap.

What about Portal?

Well this is how I look at it

Rayman, Rayman Origins, Rayman Legends, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 - kiddy (although I consider these to be aimed for towards children, I have no trouble getting into these I find them to be some of the funnest games.)
Ratchet & Clank (all), Rayman 3, Jak II, Jak 3 - Enjoyable for all ages. (No matter how old you are, you cant say these are too childish for you… well Maybe Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. I HATE SUSIE!)
Portal, Rayman 2 - tame on the outside, reasonably dark on the inside (These are the games I wouldn't be giving to my kids first. I know Rayman 2 scared the crap out of me, and Portal games to have a reasonably dark tone don't you think? I'd wait until the kids were older than 5)
Uncharted - Bit 'o rough language and killing.
inFamous - pretty dark
The others - killing and lots of people saying F%^&*

Saints Row