Sujet : Are You a Klepto?

In video-games, do you go out of your way to collect pointless stuff just to have the satisfaction of collecting it even if they don't do anything?

To be honest, I do that quite a bit. I'm the kind of guy who will break/fix anything in the R&C and Sly games just because they give you money or try to get every single Wumpa fruit in the Crash Bandicoot games… maybe I need help…

You're not alone - I even destroy crates in QfB emoji

In the first two RaC games it was almost necessary to break everything. But as the games got easier (not TOD) i found myself skipping certain breakables.

Speaking of, does anyone here find Skills Points and Trophies…pointless?

Why?

Why?

Because they don't give you anything. They're satisfying to get but they don't give you anything.

Well Skill Points often do unlock new things..

Well Skill Points often do unlock new things..

Yeah when was the last time you used a cheat in a R&C game?
Oooooh, I can make Ratchet left handed, totally worth not getting hit in the final Battleplex challenge!

ToD had some cool ideas for cheats… I find invicibility being a final cheat really stupid - if someone was skilled enough to 100% the game, then why the heck would he need invicibility!

Some cheats in the R&C games are quite fun; I especially like the "slow motion quickselect" and "Secret Agent Clank" cheats from UYA - but most of the others, especially "Mirrored levels" I find somewhat tacky…

And Bolt confusion from size matters?!? Why would anyone WANT to play like that?

And Bolt confusion from size matters?!? Why would anyone WANT to play like that?

I don't think I ever managed to unlock that one, what did it do?

I just learned that Weapon Switching is a cheat that's unlocked ater getting 16 of the 25 Skill Points in Size Matter…

User image

Bolt Confusion is like "mirrored levels" but on your controller, so every button is in reverse. Like…why?!?

Because if you combine it with mirrored levels you can really prove you know the game inside-out!

I found the unlockables from R&C1 and 2 pretty cool. There were also some nice ones dotted out across the other games, like the rainbow-effects in R&C:ACiT.

I think the newer Ratchet & Clank games should aspire to hold back some real goodies from us, for the Skill Points and full nanotech/weapons. R&C2 and 3 made you do absolutely EVERYTHING to get to the Insomniac Museum, and that was pretty cool.

I think the newer Ratchet & Clank games should aspire to hold back some real goodies from us, for the Skill Points and full nanotech/weapons. R&C2 and 3 made you do absolutely EVERYTHING to get to the Insomniac Museum, and that was pretty cool.

I remember finding out that the final cheat unlock in ACiT was "Distorted Time" and I thought: "Oh hey, that's cool, I can play the entire game in slow-motion!" And then, having spent hours upon hours trying to get the last few skill points, being disappointed because the only options are to speed time up…