Sujet : favorite boss battle

Membre supprimé

what is your favorite boss battles? mine had to be had to be the dr nefarious because he was very tough for me to kill

Courtney Gears. emoji

From Ps2? Nefarious.
From Ps3? Nefarious.

Aside from that, Drek, the Z-Grute, Azimuth, and the Blazebot were very entertaining.

Who's active on IG Forums should know there's no greater boss then "the great Leroy" emoji

I think I actually liked Zurgo best. As a kid I despised bosses in R&C and I think I still do. I hate it when bosses spawn more minions and don't have an attack pattern. I prefer bosses that require a fun strategy, R&C never really had that.

Membre supprimé
From Ps2? Nefarious.
From Ps3? Nefarious.

Aside from that, Drek, the Z-Grute, Azimuth, and the Blazebot were very entertaining.

i personally like the ps2 dr nefarious he was just tough for me to beat now im playing it on challenge mode and i think he might be even tougher to kill this time then he was last time i am playing it on my ps3 because i own the HD collection with the first 3 R&C games on it

I don't know about you, but I think PS3 R&C bosses are kinda' easier to beat than those PS2 ones… (that or maybe I got better over time).
The idea is I'll never forget how terrible was the final boss battle in R&C GC. My weapons weren't good enough and I kept running out of ammo… I had to go back and revisit each planet repeatedly and get ALL the crystals from the 2 deserts just to get enough bolts for my weapon upgrades (and ammo). The game started to be really frustrating at that point. After so many miserably failed attempts, killing that thing was a relief.
Also, Nefarious in R&C UYA was very hard as well.
I don't recall having any big problems with boss battles in the PS3 games, there was a good easy/hard balance. And I haven't changed my playing "method" (first I play the game on medium and focus on its story and fluidity, and afterwards I finish the game on hard, challenge-mode and any other higher difficulty).

Wait a second! Wasn't this a favorite boss battle thread? emoji

Membre supprimé
I don't know about you, but I think PS3 R&C bosses are kinda' easier to beat than those PS2 ones… (that or maybe I got better over time).
The idea is I'll never forget how terrible was the final boss battle in R&C GC. My weapons weren't good enough and I kept running out of ammo… I had to go back and revisit each planet repeatedly and get ALL the crystals from the 2 deserts just to get enough bolts for my weapon upgrades (and ammo). The game started to be really frustrating at that point. After so many miserably failed attempts, killing that thing was a relief.
Also, Nefarious in R&C UYA was very hard as well.
I don't recall having any big problems with boss battles in the PS3 games, there was a good easy/hard balance. And I haven't changed my playing "method" (first I play the game on medium and focus on its story and fluidity, and afterwards I finish the game on hard, challenge-mode and any other higher difficulty).

Wait a second! Wasn't this a favorite boss battle thread? emoji

yes it was a favorite boss battle thread but thats ok that u posted that thats great u went into detail on what made the boss tough to beat

Yeah, I've pretty much strayed from the subject over there…
As for my favorite boss battle….I'll go with the ACiT Nefarious battle for sure.

As for my favorite boss battle….I'll go with the ACiT Nefarious battle for sure.

That's probably the least enjoyable fight ever… okay, not, but still all of the fights in ACiT seem a bit dull…
For me, it would be Drek boss fight from the original game.

That's probably the least enjoyable fight ever… okay, not, but still all of the fights in ACiT seem a bit dull…
For me, it would be Drek boss fight from the original game.

It's a standard boss battle, but it also has that part with the hover boots and the final part with the ship to give it a pinch of diversity. I'm sure there are other great, memorable boss battles, but this one came first into my mind, not really sure why myself, now that I think about it…

There are a few boss fights from the Ratchet & Clank games that I will never forget. So because they are important, I guess they are my favorite in their own ways.

4. Giant Klunk - R&C3
This boss fight would have been very hard to set up from a technical point of view, so it ended up being really quite dull and in some ways poorly balanced. It always sort of irritated me that his yellow attack would only get used during the second half of the battle, and very rarely. Maybe it's because I always deplete his health so quickly? Anyway, that doesn't matter. What makes Giant Klunk special is how horribly annoying it is trying to defeat him with just my wrench. It's not like Drek from R&C1, or the Thief from R&C2, which are just plain impossible. Giant Klunk is possible to defeat with your wrench, but he will remain the hardest… until I get to the boss that follows him. And for this reason, he is my fourth favorite.

3. The Protopet - R&C2
What I like about this boss fight is going to seem very unbelievable after hearing what Rock Lombax had to say about it. But before I state the real reason why I think this is one of my favorites, I would like to mention that this boss fight had the greatest number of tricks up his sleeve, but he never gets to use half of them every time I fight him. I suspect that he was originally going to have more health, and the downgrade in health effected his attack patterns, and left some of his rarer attacks almost unused. Anyway, I like this boss fight, because it is the easiest boss fight I've run into in the second half of a Ratchet & Clank game, that isn't the Biobliterator. There was so much anticipation for this battle, and what it finally happened, it was over in a flash. So for this reason it is my third favorite battle in any R&C game.

2. Emperor Tachyon - R&C:ToD
In Tools of Destruction, many of the bosses were a lot shorter than the PS2 boss they are trying to be. This was like a shorter and harder version of Nefarious from the end of R&C3. I'm okay with it though, because he brought a whole heap of interesting new challenges… anfact that's why he's here. Tachyon is the hardest R&C boss I've ever done. Every time I face him (not in challenge mode) he provedes a fairly decent challenge, which is more than I can say for all of the other bosses.

1. Vorselon v3 - R&C:ACiT

I liked this battle. It had the heavy-hitting attacks of Nefarious, combined with the massive health bar of Azimuth. And it also seemed like it was nice how it really felt like Vorselon's final and most powerful form. The build up, and reward for this battle make it one of the coolest (or possibly just the only) optional bosses I've battled in Ratchet & Clank. So because this battle worked and is so damn hard on the hardest difficulty, it is my favorite boss battle in any Ratchet & Clank game.
Membre supprimé
There are a few boss fights from the Ratchet & Clank games that I will never forget. So because they are important, I guess they are my favorite in their own ways.

4. Giant Klunk - R&C3
This boss fight would have been very hard to set up from a technical point of view, so it ended up being really quite dull and in some ways poorly balanced. It always sort of irritated me that his yellow attack would only get used during the second half of the battle, and very rarely. Maybe it's because I always deplete his health so quickly? Anyway, that doesn't matter. What makes Giant Klunk special is how horribly annoying it is trying to defeat him with just my wrench. It's not like Drek from R&C1, or the Thief from R&C2, which are just plain impossible. Giant Klunk is possible to defeat with your wrench, but he will remain the hardest… until I get to the boss that follows him. And for this reason, he is my fourth favorite.

3. The Protopet - R&C2
What I like about this boss fight is going to seem very unbelievable after hearing what Rock Lombax had to say about it. But before I state the real reason why I think this is one of my favorites, I would like to mention that this boss fight had the greatest number of tricks up his sleeve, but he never gets to use half of them every time I fight him. I suspect that he was originally going to have more health, and the downgrade in health effected his attack patterns, and left some of his rarer attacks almost unused. Anyway, I like this boss fight, because it is the easiest boss fight I've run into in the second half of a Ratchet & Clank game, that isn't the Biobliterator. There was so much anticipation for this battle, and what it finally happened, it was over in a flash. So for this reason it is my third favorite battle in any R&C game.

2. Emperor Tachyon - R&C:ToD
In Tools of Destruction, many of the bosses were a lot shorter than the PS2 boss they are trying to be. This was like a shorter and harder version of Nefarious from the end of R&C3. I'm okay with it though, because he brought a whole heap of interesting new challenges… anfact that's why he's here. Tachyon is the hardest R&C boss I've ever done. Every time I face him (not in challenge mode) he provedes a fairly decent challenge, which is more than I can say for all of the other bosses.

1. Vorselon v3 - R&C:ACiT

I liked this battle. It had the heavy-hitting attacks of Nefarious, combined with the massive health bar of Azimuth. And it also seemed like it was nice how it really felt like Vorselon's final and most powerful form. The build up, and reward for this battle make it one of the coolest (or possibly just the only) optional bosses I've battled in Ratchet & Clank. So because this battle worked and is so damn hard on the hardest difficulty, it is my favorite boss battle in any Ratchet & Clank game.

Yeah Vorselon v3 was tough to beat on challenge mode so i know what u mean

Personally I liked the boss fight against Courtney Gears,the music was fun to listen to whilst fighting her emoji