Sujet : Ratchet & Clank PS4 - Official Thread

Huh...

Why did I even think that whoever created that video took a line from Starfox on the air combat scene?

Huh...

Sigh, when you see R&C's writing compared to Sonic Boom and you have to agree… I mean, it's not Sonic Boom bad, but… The gameplay is way to overblown by it and it seems kind of… Pointless at many times. Like Ratchet's "big fish" comment in Metropolis train section. What's the point? Still, I'm holding my judgement intil I actually play the game.

Take notes movie score! Literally if you will: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTCMRw1uQW8

Do you really all prefer a dead game like the originals in PS2? Even though PS3 games had lines even they felt empty.
And the new game doesn't talk too much as the video shows… If you expect from an edited montage to judge a game then you don't deserve to be taken seriously. I don't mean it in any harmful way but it is sad judgin a game so hard when it is actually a lovely game.

I'm not judging the game, as I said, I'm not even judging this aspect of it, only what I've seen in the official gameplay videos. No, I do not wish the games were drained out of any in-game dialogue, but the PS4 game seems to be going to far with it. The perfect balance in my opinion was achieved in ACiT/ItN, where it was developing the story and the characters and often threw some jokes at us, but didn't make it constant and… With the lines there, I could see the purpose of why their included, here with many of them I can't see any aside of having as much dialogue as possible. But as I've said, maybe the gameplay videos made it seem worse than it actually is, I'll judge it when I play the game myself.

I'm not judging the game, as I said, I'm not even judging this aspect of it, only what I've seen in the official gameplay videos. No, I do not wish the games were drained out of any in-game dialogue, but the PS4 game seems to be going to far with it. The perfect balance in my opinion was achieved in ACiT/ItN, where it was developing the story and the characters and often threw some jokes at us, but didn't make it constant and… With the lines there, I could see the purpose of why their included, here with many of them I can't see any aside of having as much dialogue as possible. But as I've said, maybe the gameplay videos made it seem worse than it actually is, I'll judge it when I play the game myself.

I forgot that you said that you hold your judgement till you play the game. Sorry.
Also the game is the "loudest" in the first playthrough because it also includes the random vendor quotes telling you to buy the weapons. After you buy them all they will be none. Also the helping lines like "Use your rockets" or "cannons" are essential and helpful mostly because the bosses and the hudroharvesters can only be hurt by special ammunition. A lot of people playing the game actually got confused by it and didn't know what to do. The only case they could consider reducing the lines are the hoverboard but even they make them more interesting. Also, Qwark narrating doesn't seem to happen often only again when needed when the player gets confused like the Gadgetron Helpdesk.

Do you really all prefer a dead game like the originals in PS2? Even though PS3 games had lines even they felt empty.
And the new game doesn't talk too much as the video shows… If you expect from an edited montage to judge a game then you don't deserve to be taken seriously. I don't mean it in any harmful way but it is sad judgin a game so hard when it is actually a lovely game.

I have no doubts that the game is great, and some annoying dialogue really isn't going to make it any worse (especially since you can turn it off), but it's still something that I could see being a tad annoying, even when judging from unedited gameplay videos.

NEW WEAPON DEMO emoji

While I do admit that the characters' constant dialogue can get annoying at times (Rilgar's hoverboard race) it's nothing deal breaking. Certainly nothing as bad as in that video. The worst you'll hear is some repeating dialogue if you keep dying or restarting, but that's as bad as it gets.

I'm probably one of the few people that's kind of glad the characters talk to each other, or in general, out of cutscenes. It adds something more enjoyable to the game for me. Life, maybe.

…And finished. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I'm looking forward to Challenge Mode. I did have a few gripes with the story *cough*Nefarious*cough*, but I'll probably end up ranting about that later.

Membre supprimé
…And finished. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I'm looking forward to Challenge Mode. I did have a few gripes with the story *cough*Nefarious*cough*, but I'll probably end up ranting about that later.

I'm missing the last 3 holocards (not ryno) AND I CANT FIND THEM >emoji

I just got the game 2 days ago and am already on my 3rd playthrough, second challenge mode playthrough, and all I have left to get is 5 more playstation trophies, 6 if you count the platinum. I only have a few complaints though, the major one being that the game was too short.

Other things I don't like is the fact that they took away the ability to change skins and replaced it with masks and different armor colors/designs in the extras menu and there are no longer any skill points, which I assume were replaced all together with the trophies instead of having both like they did in the past. Finally is the insomniac museum, and I will let everyone find that one for themselves as I've probably spoiled enough already.

@Nam12399, all I ended up doing for the final holocards was just collecting until I had enough duplicates and traded them until I had all of the cards.

Well, Playstation Asia said that the PS4 gane would be released "soon". I really hope it'll be released this pr next week! Now, I just need to persuade my parents to allow me to go to a major video game store in Jakarta emoji

-What in the world was up with Nefarious turning Drek into a sheep!? I like Nefarious as much as the next guy, but that part was majorly disappointing. I wanted to fight Drek like in the original not Nefarious for the fourth time! What's gonna happen if they redo Going Commando? Will Robo-Nefarious be behind the entire thing? Will he turn Angela or Fidgewiggit into a duck? I'd hate for him to become the Dr. Eggman of R&C; he's way better villain when he's given to us in small doses.

-Combuster, buddy, why are you still here!?

-Ratchet had no character development this time around, so if you had hopes for Ratchet starting off as a more light-hearted version of his original counter-part, you're in for disappointment. He's a boy-scout the entire way through. He did have, like, one cutscene's worth of heroic BSOD, but he immediately gets better.

-Skins are replaced with silly helmets, and armor is replaced with surprisingly good looking recolors of the Galactic Ranger Armor. I personally didn't have much of an issue with that, but I can see others being upset by it. Who didn't love those skins and Armors? Skill Points have been totally replaced by the Trophy system which was bound to happen at some point.

-You're gonna miss the arena at some point. When I finally got the RYNO, I was like, "I'd love to level this baby up at the arena IF THIS GAME HAD ONE."

-Also, the Insomniac Museum felt lack-luster this time, but that's just me.

Other than those things, I still really like this game. Hopefully the movie does well!

@Nam
Yeah, like natevradio said, it'll be quicker to just trade duplicate cards for the ones you're missing.

-What in the world was up with Nefarious turning Drek into a sheep!? I like Nefarious as much as the next guy, but that part was majorly disappointing. I wanted to fight Drek like in the original not Nefarious for the fourth time! What's gonna happen if they redo Going Commando? Will Robo-Nefarious be behind the entire thing? Will he turn Angela or Fidgewiggit into a duck? I'd hate for him to become the Dr. Eggman of R&C; he's way better villain when he's given to us in small doses.

-Ratchet had no character development this time around, so if you had hopes for Ratchet starting off as a more light-hearted version of his original counter-part, you're in for disappointment. He's a boy-scout the entire way through. He did have, like, one cutscene's worth of heroic BSOD, but he immediately gets better.

-Skins are replaced with silly helmets, and armor is replaced with surprisingly good looking recolors of the Galactic Ranger Armor. I personally didn't have much of an issue with that, but I can see others being upset by it. Who didn't love those skins and Armors? Skill Points have been totally replaced by the Trophy system which was bound to happen at some point.

-You're gonna miss the arena at some point. When I finally got the RYNO, I was like, "I'd love to level this baby up at the arena IF THIS GAME HAD ONE."

Other than those things, I still really like this game. Hopefully the movie does well!

@Nam
Yeah, like natevradio said, it'll be quicker to just trade duplicate cards for the ones you're missing.

the reason why nefarious turned drek into a sheep is because he wanted to let him know that he is double crossing and is using the deplanetizer for on personal plans,and also i dont mind nefarious again cause its been nerly 7 years since we have seen him as antaginist, so its really awesome fight him again

@Nam

-Wait until you see the movie for the ending. There's much more both with Drek sheep and Nefarious as he does not die! Can you guess? I suppose this ending was used to make it more relevant with R&C3. I haven't seen the movie but only 2-3 seconds, with Drek. And about Nefarious look the official soundtrack, if of course you don't mind being spoiled.
-It's name might be combuster but it doesn't really work like it. It works much more like the Omniblaster. It is used because it is the main weapon in the movie.
-Well, not so silly. There are some good like the Nefarious one.
-The arena feels like a miss but still after a playthrough you just go there for the main mission.
-Insomniac museum's main reason is to provide memories of the older games just like the ITN museum which was there to provide information mainly from the Future Saga as it was it's last game. Now this game does the same as a "re-imagine" after 15 years. We are lucky we even got one!
Basically it just does showcases stuff like a usual museum does.