Sujet : What we DON'T want to see in R&C PS4

Hmm… yeah, many companies are starting to abuse DLCs. But, I hope Insomnoac doesn't.

Membre supprimé

I'd like to see a balance between the cartoony stuff and the serious stuff, like how the first game did.

I'd also prefer the style of the future series, where they looked best imo. I wasn't really a fan of the all 4 one or FFA style, I hope Clank's head isn't huge.

Also Quarks butt chin. Why did they get rid of that?

Hmm… yeah, many companies are starting to abuse DLCs. But, I hope Insomnoac doesn't.

I'm just tired of DLC, but I already were before it became in instand thing. I hate it! emoji

I'd like to see a balance between the cartoony stuff and the serious stuff, like how the first game did.

I'd also prefer the style of the future series, where they looked best imo. I wasn't really a fan of the all 4 one or FFA style, I hope Clank's head isn't huge.

I hate Qwarks butt chin to be honest. And Heather, do you also hate DLCs which are just like unlocking additional costumes that do nothing?

That's fine with me. Skins, extra maps and other multiplayer stuff. But story campaigns, those are that ones that shouldn't exsist.

Yea, it's annoying when you have to pay again to continue the campaign.

Often story DLC are essential when you want to play the sequel too. emoji

They didn't. In some screenshots you can see they brought it back.

Linearity

30 FPS (Makes the game look worse no matter how much Insomniac hides behind the better graphics argument)

Places that can only be visited once per playthrough (ITN is the biggest offender of this, although I am fine with some of this like in the tutorial level)

Invisible death boundaries or to a lesser extent; invisible walls (They should make the game have proper reasons why you can't go to these places instead of punishing you for trying to explore)

Intelligent tutorials (not the type that forces a cut-scene on you instead of integrating the training into the level design.

Ratchet being a bland hero (he seems to be way too focused on completing missions and never taking a moment to give an opinion on something or crack a joke)

As for stuff on the list already;
Returning weapons +1
OTT DLC +1

Anything that says "aimed at children" I want the T for Teen Rating back.

Something in a colorful animated movie about a furry, cuddly cat-thing-alien and his little robot friend aimed at CHILDREN!? Unacceptable!

Seriously though, I'd like this to be a flick that everyone could enjoy, not just kids, but not just the adults/teenagers who can get the innuendos either (because that's pretty much the 'maturity' of UYA everyone's missing so much). Also, old games got T rating simply because E10+ didn't exist at a time - remasters of the PS2 games (originally ranked T) got E10+ rating.

Ratchet being a bland hero (he seems to be way too focused on completing missions and never taking a moment to give an opinion on something or crack a joke)

That! I really hope that in the movie/game he's got at least a tiny little bit of that selfish teenager we used to know…

Linearity

+1

30 FPS (Makes the game look worse no matter how much Insomniac hides behind the better graphics argument)

+1

Places that can only be visited once per playthrough (ITN is the biggest offender of this, although I am fine with some of this like in the tutorial level)

+1

Invisible death boundaries or to a lesser extent; invisible walls (They should make the game have proper reasons why you can't go to these places instead of punishing you for trying to explore)

+1

+1 (I should have probably just quoted your whole post at once…emoji

Seriously though, I'd like this to be a flick that everyone could enjoy, not just kids, but not just the adults/teenagers who can get the innuendos either (because that's pretty much the 'maturity' of UYA everyone's missing so much).

Well… it was better than the poop jokes they're doing nowadays emoji
Seriously though, the only thing I've really laughed at in the recent games are the jokes in ItN sort of making fun of the series as a whole, especially on Igliak.

I'd also like to add campaign story DLC. I want none of that.

+1. Absolutely no need for the games to start having dlc.

any serious love interests

+1. If anything save it for the movie.

Linearity

I actually think linearity at points can be a really good think, however I would agree that the games are the most fun when you've got an open world/are free to travel between planets etc.

My input:

I don't want it to be short, and I don't want Insomniac to forget what has made the previous games so great emoji.

Apart from that, I didn't really enjoy the 'massive clank' battles in the first game, so don't want to see those unless they are improved.

any serious love interests

+1. If anything save it for the movie.

These games share the same 'vision', so if there's a love interest in the movie, there is one in the game. I'd rather say "save it for later" - the origin story of Ratchet & Clank should focus mostly on their relationship, show us how they start to come along despite their differences, etc. (the first game did it great). ANY love interest would ruin everything, whether it's a game or a movie. If they want Ratchet to have a love interest, fine, but after 2016.

These games share the same 'vision', so if there's a love interest in the movie, there is one in the game. I'd rather say "save it for later" - the origin story of Ratchet & Clank should focus mostly on their relationship, show us how they start to come along despite their differences, etc. (the first game did it great). ANY love interest would ruin everything, whether it's a game or a movie. If they want Ratchet to have a love interest, fine, but after 2016.

+1. But. I hope it doesn't go too far that the game focuses on Ratchet's relationship with his beloved love interest and Clank is forgotten.

+1. But. I hope it doesn't go too far that the game focuses on Ratchet's relationship with his beloved love interest and Clank is forgotten.

Amen to that: from what we've seen from trailers and screenshots, it's mostly Ratchet doing the talking, and Clank just listening. He hasn't said one thing in the whole trailer!