Sujet : The Food Thread

I like goat cheese, but can't eat too much. Then, how about chocolate?

Surely everyone must love chocolate! Although I was raised in such a way that I eat very little "junk food", so chocolate has always been considered a bit of a luxury item for myself.

Do you prefer burger, sandwich, or kebab? I love all of them, but I think I prefer kebab and burger.

Well the only Kababs I have known were chunks of chicken on a stick, but they were pretty fine pieces of incredibly overpriced chicken, so I'll go with them. Burgers are nice too I guess.

Well, the well known type of kebab here is that type which is quite like tacos. But I also tried the kebab which are chunks of meat in sticks, similiar with satay (sate), which was nice. So, you could say, satays are our version of kebabs.

I like goat cheese, but can't eat too much. Then, how about chocolate?

Bleh, no thanks. Except these specific ''shell chocolades''

User image

Well, the well known type of kebab here is that type which is quite like tacos. But I also tried the kebab which are chunks of meat in sticks, similiar with satay (sate), which was nice. So, you could say, satays are our version of kebabs.

I may be wrong, but aren't the non-stick ones Turkish? Either way, I've never even seen them before. This is strange because my mates are always raving about them. I do have a tendency to avoid taking people's advice though.

What I know is that stick kebabs are Middle Eastern.

Stick kebabs could very well come from anywhere couldn't they? They don't stike me as being very advanced items of food.

Bleh, no thanks. Except these specific ''shell chocolades''

No to just general chocolate? Preposterous!

I do agree though that those really overpriced Belgian shell chocolates are really decent. My favorite. I haven't actually had the pleasure of tasting one for many years now. Primary school I think?

My second favorite would be Lindt Lindor. My sister brought me a few for the first time for my birthday a couple of years back. She knew more about what chocolates I liked than me.

Of course they are all quite expensive. So when money is an issue I am happy with Turkish Delight.

YAY FOR TURKISH DELIGHTS! My favourite type of chocolate is dark, but not the overly-bitter ones. Oh, I also like Lindt.

Those 99% ones are a real prick of a thing. My Nan gives my dad a bar of 90+% dark chocolate for Christmas every year. She forgets that he doesn't really like Chocolate at all, but will at least eat it, unless it's dark chocolate, which he refuses to eat.

Sorry, what does "nan" mean?

Milk chocolates aren't always my thing. Some of them taste pretty "meh".

Nan = grandmother.

I am always for a good old fashioned Dairy Milk bar! Although in terms of standard chocolate, my favorite after Turkish Delight is Black Forrest, and then peppermint chocolate. Peppermint seems pretty unpopular among my friends though.

If you're talking about chocolate with misc. flavours, I'd totally go for orange.

Yes, that reminds me of a chocolate I believe was exclusive to our country. Jaffas. Little round orange chocolate thing. They were not very special, but really caught on in popularity. Infact there is an annual event in which we would roll thousands Jaffas down the steepest residential street in the world. I went to this street once, and found an old Jaffa lodged in the side of the road.

We also call residents of our largest city 'Jaffas' as some sort of strange joke that most of us don't understand.