Platforms: PlayStation 4

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU3sU2WMcPM

Developers: Insomniac Games

Publishers: Sony

Review Aggregator: OpenCritic

Reviews

AngryCentaurGaming - Jeremy Penter - Buy

CGMagazine - Jed Whitaker - 9 / 10.0

Whether you're a season Ratchet & Clank player or if you're new to the series, this one is well worth the budget asking price.

Destructoid - Chris Carter - 8 / 10.0

Initially, I wasn't all that excited to hear about a Ratchet & Clank reboot, but having actually played it, I don't mind seeing a resurgence at all. This feels like a last-ditch effort for Sony to bring this series into the spotlight again, and honestly, I hope it works out.

Examiner - Steven Ruygrok - 5 / 5 stars

Taking a step back and looking at the entire Ratchet & Clank picture, it's easy to see how missed this franchise has been from the gaming industry. The combination of wondrous gadgets and galaxies with its unique narrative and engaging characters, Ratchet & Clank on the PS4 has been way overdue, and this initial installment on the platform is simply incredible. I highly recommend it to any longtime fan of the series as well as newcomers who have yet to experience the awesomeness that is Ratchet & Clank.

Gadgets 360 - Rishi Alwani - 9 / 10

With extraordinary attention to detail and a slew of warranted, purposeful additions to core content and gameplay, Ratchet & Clank on the PS4 is well worth the price of entry.

Game Informer - Andrew Reiner - 8.3 / 10.0

I couldn’t put the game down, and I immediately jumped into the post-game Challenge Mode to play more of it

Game Revolution - Jeb Haught - 4.5 / 5 stars

Anyone who is a fan of the series and/or is nostalgic for the original will surely love the jump to this PS4 remake. Ratchet & Clank is a great place to introduce newcomers to the dynamic duo.

GamesRadar+ - Lucas Sullivan - 4 / 5 stars

Despite some wonky tie-ins with the film, this is a gorgeous, thoroughly great platformer and a worthy reboot for Ratchet & Clank.

GamingTrend - Blake Hester - 75 / 100

There is a lot to love in Ratchet and Clank, but it also comes with its fair share of headaches. Levels are short and linear, and leave little desire to stay on them any longer than you have to. While weapons are interesting and unique, they often come with the added weight of being hard to aim. It’s beautiful, funny and fun, but also, short and stale.

Hardcore Gamer - Kevin Dunsmore - 4 / 5.0

Ratchet & Clank is more than just a mere remake of the 2002 classic as Insomniac Games took big risks and they paid off.

IGN - Marty Sliva - 9 / 10.0

Ratchet and Clank is a culmination of everything Insomniac has done with the series over the past 14 years. It takes the characters that we fell in love with long ago, and sets them off on their most gorgeous quest yet. The deep and rewarding weapon system, beautiful and varied worlds, and charming-as-heck story make it an adventure that anyone with a PlayStation 4 should strap in for.

Lazygamer - Umar Bastra - 9 / 10.0

This new, reimagined Ratchet and Clank is the superb return of the esteemed series. It's not a simple case of style over substance. Ratchet and Clank plays as good as it looks making it an absolutely easy recommendation.

PlayStation LifeStyle - Chandler Wood - 8.5 / 10.0

I knew that I was looking forward to revisiting Ratchet and Clank’s origins, but I didn’t know how much I’d really missed Ratchet & Clank until I got the opportunity to play it all over again for the first time, and this brand new experience is every bit as good as I remember it being 14 years ago.

PlayStation Universe - Kyle Prahl - 8.5 / 10.0

Not every part of the Ratchet & Clank formula still shines, but this PS4 reboot is gold. Updated controls are the perfect way to experience bombastic, addictive firefights with awesome weaponry.

Push Square - Alex Stinton - 9 / 10

Games based on movies have a pretty poor reputation on the quality front, however Ratchet & Clank emanates class in so many aspects that even referring to it as a movie tie-in sells it short. If you've never had the pleasure of enjoying this series' brand of third-person blasting before, then this is the perfect chance to see just why the property has remained popular for over a decade. Meanwhile, if you're already a fan, then this remake is a truly worthy entry in the franchise, and while it doesn't do anything particularly new of note, it's a greatest hits compilation so compelling that you won't want to skip it.

Shacknews - Steve Watts - 8 / 10

Most of these additions and tweaks are bonuses or minor quality-of-life improvements learned from later games. The core is intact, unchanged, and still spectacularly fun. As the saying goes, they don't make them like they used to. Ratchet & Clank argues that maybe they should.

TechnoBuffalo - Joey Davidson - Buy

Ratchet & Clank is more than a reboot. It's a love letter.

Telegraph - Kirk McKeand - 5 / 5 stars

Ratchet & Clank stands on its own merits, never relying on fond memories of the 2002 PlayStation 2 original beyond knowing gags. You might be tired of being asked to buy the same game twice, or perhaps  you’ve been burned before by a low-quality movie tie-in, but don’t let that put you off, as this is one of the best console exclusives this generation.

TheSixthAxis - Tuffcub - 10 / 10

I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a game as much as Ratchet & Clank.

Twinfinite - Yamilia Avendano - 4.5 / 5.0

It’s self-aware, it doesn’t coddle you, the graphics will leave you in awe, it has a ton of action, and it’s jam-packed with extra features and collectibles, to boot. If this review were just seven words long, it’d be simple to give the recommendation to anyone looking for a new game to play: Ratchet and Clank is just incredibly fun.

VideoGamer - Tom Orry - 8 / 10

Ratchet & Clank is a gorgeous remake done right in a series that rarely puts a foot wrong. Easily recommended.

We Got This Covered - Chad Goodmurphy - 4 / 5 stars

Ratchet & Clank is a stunning addition to the PlayStation 4's library, and offers a very enjoyable, modernized take on the gameplay of its 2002 inspiration.

this is quite impresive:oui:

Wow, the boys are indeed back in town.