Sujet : Shorter Time Getting Bolts

As we all know about the Hoverboard glitch. If you don't know about it, it is a glitch of entering the race on Rilgar as Ratchet not on is hoverboard, and there is a large amount of boxes that you can get buy using the Taunter and holding circle for about 10 hours or so. Well I have found a way to make that time shorter by a bit but, I actually requires you to be at your PS2 or PS3.

Normally, you would go to Rilgar to farm bolts. But there is another planet to farm actually, people may have or may not have known about it. The planet is Quartu. Yes, Quartu.

In NG+ (or Challenge Mode) there is a passive 1.5x-2.0x multiplier. Well in Quartu, if you do the Giant Clank Section to get the Infobot to Kalebo III, you can redo it again, again, and again.

I have done this multiple times, and it is faster.

Rilgar Farm: 2,000/min—12,000 after 6 minutes—360,000 after 3 hours
Quartu Farm: 3,000/50 sec.—18,000 after 6 minutes—540,000 after 3 hours

Happy Farming!

Seb

Still need 6 hours to earn 1M bolts…
Well done for that discovery tho emoji

Who needs a million bolts? Can't you be happy enough with the RYNO and all the gold weapons?

Membre supprimé

Who needs a million bolts? Can't you be happy enough with the RYNO and all the gold weapons?

That platinum though. that's the only reason why you need them

Oh yea. I guess that could be a problem. I personally just found the game so fun to play, that I was happy enough to roll through a bunch of challenge modes to get that trophy. Infact just talking about it makes me really want to play the first game again.

Seb

Yea I think platinum requires 1M bolts emoji and fortunately the bolt glitch hasn't been fixed because without it… platinuming this game is a BIG pain ! xD
But yeah this game is really fun even though I've found it pretty hard O_o maybe cause of the weird gameplay. I mean it is really easier with the other RCs. Enemies are so tough and it is so hard to manipulate Ratchet emoji
Plus it is so hard to earn bolts ! For instance when I played it on vita (so hard on vita…emoji, I just realised that in the last planet, I was dying all the time and buying ammo but… I earned less ammo than what I bought ammo. I was just losing bolts, until 0… So much pain ! xD Couldn't realise that I could have been stuck in this game forever !! Then comes the bolt glitch ! lol
But still, this game was a lot of fun emoji

Well at least you don't need to collect all the bolts at once. You just need to have a million go through you. I am super nerdy about saving bolts in that game, and pick up absolutely every bolt I can, and with my attitude to cleaning up, it usually takes about 4 playthroughs to get everything, and then one more to get the bolts for the trophy. And then I throw another 5 or 6 playthroughs on top of that, because the game is fun.

The thing about the difficulty in this game is that it's pretty well fixed. It will progressively get harder, and if you get stuck you need to just get better, or get lucky with a good weapon purchase. In all the games after this, the game changes difficulty as you play it, and gives you more bolts when you are struggling, and makes enemies easier to kill when you are struggling. This plus the leveling systems make it so that even when you are doing poorly you are getting stronger. Then there is the finale. In the first game it was a fair challenge, and so people complained it was too hard. That makes sense, it's Drek man, he's gotta be hard! But then they went and made the Protopet really easy so that people wouldn't have to worry about having any trouble at the end. Good thing they got it right again with Nefarious and Tachyon.

I think I got a little side-tracked.

But then they went and made the Protopet really easy so that people wouldn't have to worry about having any trouble at the end. Good thing they got it right again with Nefarious and Tachyon.

I think I got a little side-tracked.

Well, actually I don't think the Protopet is that easy especially when I was a child. It took many tries to beat it and with the Bouncer. But now, it's easy since I've done it so many times.

How did it compare to the other final bosses when you were a kid? Because I am sure you would at least have considered it easier by comparison… or maybe you just did a relatively poor job leveling up your weapons and health and buying armour.

How did it compare to the other final bosses when you were a kid? Because I am sure you would at least have considered it easier by comparison… or maybe you just did a relatively poor job leveling up your weapons and health and buying armour.

As a kid, about 7, i have played only Going Commando. It was later that I played the other games. As for leveling all weapons were maxed but I don't remember about armour, although I never really used the armour as I thought it was a waste of bolts. Comparing it to others I think that Drek is not that hard. It's the controls that make it look hard. As for Nefarious, closer to the end of the fight he just keeps attacking without stoping, using his holograms. While these 2 bosses had you in the move they always gave you some time to stop by either going to the grind rail or Nefarious using his gun where you only have to jump. But with the Protopet you have to be always in the move. Even when he stops he is either summoning other protopets or throws projectiles at you. And let's not forget that there are other enemies like enemies and Robot soldiers. But all that seem too hard until you find the right strategy and the right weapon.

Seb
Well at least you don't need to collect all the bolts at once. You just need to have a million go through you.

Not for RC 1… I tried it.

Well there's no problem on PS3, but when I played on vita, that was terrible ! Last planet was so much pain !! (well I was actually trying to speedrun it on vita so I wasn't wasting my time by taking bolts or weapons which might explains why it was that hard but anyway on vita it is so hard…emoji

Un nouveau jeu qui va remplacer tous les vieux.

Un nouveau jeu qui va remplacer tous les vieux.

English, please. And this is off-topic