Sujet : #RatchetClankMemories 2013

Are you trying to defend Azimuth?

What? I'm trying to explain why Ratchet's death would be easily avoidable if he was less ignorant.

Are you trying to defend Azimuth?

What? I'm trying to explain why Ratchet's death would be easily avoidable if he was less ignorant.

Sorry, I just found your post a little confusing.

I guess it's the whole shock thing. You know like animals on the middle of the road.

How about this, Ratchet destroyed Azimuth's life work and now Azimuth is talking all serious and mean. What does Ratchet do? Pull out his armour and weapons? NO! He rolls his eyes, how much more ignorant can he get?

Azimuth had been a trusted ally for the entire game. Sure, Ratchet could have seen him being upset, but I don't think Ratchet should have expected Azimuth trying to kill him because of it. Ratchet trusted Azimuth and had no reason not to until he actually attacked him.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I figured I'd make that point.

How about this, Ratchet destroyed Azimuth's life work and now Azimuth is talking all serious and mean. What does Ratchet do? Pull out his armour and weapons? NO! He rolls his eyes, how much more ignorant can he get?

Azimuth had been a trusted ally for the entire game. Sure, Ratchet could have seen him being upset, but I don't think Ratchet should have expected Azimuth trying to kill him because of it. Ratchet trusted Azimuth and had no reason not to until he actually attacked him.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I figured I'd make that point.

I'd like to point you towards Qwark in the first game, Ratchet uses his head and is suspicious about Qwark even though he trusted him earlier.
May I remind you that this is the ignorant and selfish Ratchet.

I'd like to point you towards Qwark in the first game, Ratchet uses his head and is suspicious about Qwark even though he trusted him earlier.
May I remind you that this is the ignorant and selfish Ratchet.

Fair enough.

But Ratchet also knew Alister personally for an extended amount of time. Ratchet knew Qwark personally for a day or so at most before Qwark betrayed him and Clank. Ratchet and Alister actually built a friendship and trusted one another.

I don't think trust is exactly the word to describe Ratchet's feelings towards Qwark. He definitely thought Qwark was a hero for the first half of the first game, but that doesn't mean he "trusted" him. Qwark was still effectively a stranger to Ratchet when he betrayed him whereas Alister had been a trusted ally for several months.

I am, of course, completely guessing about the timeframes though. But I would have figured that Ratchet went to Umbris immediately after meeting Qwark on Rilgar, maybe staying to rest in Blackwater for the night. And then I kind of just figure the games take place over the course of a few months and that's where I'm getting my figure for Alister from.